What is the best possible salad?

vvginovv

So I am heading to the farmers market..

Can Someone put together the optimum, most nutritious salad? Not too expensive though, i.e. best nutritional bang for your buck.

Mine are usually pretty boring, romaine, cucumbers, tomato, peppers, balsamic.

Whenever I go for a salad I go for as many colors as I can think of.

Like I would add some carrots, beet (root and greens - you do have to cook the beets though), something white (daikon radish, water chestnuts, etc.), and of course sprouts of anything will do good. Yellow chickpeas added to give some protein and some good polysaccharides. A sprinkle of freshly ground sunflower seeds or flax seeds or chia seeds on top for EFAs/omegas is always good too.

Whenever I go for a salad I go for as many colors as I can think of.

Like I would add some carrots, beet (root and greens - you do have to cook the beets though), something white (daikon radish, water chestnuts, etc.), and of course sprouts of anything will do good. Yellow chickpeas added to give some protein and some good polysaccharides. A sprinkle of freshly ground sunflower seeds or flax seeds or chia seeds on top for EFAs/omegas is always good too.

You actually don't have to cook the beets (if you don't like to) . I juice raw beets all the time and also eat them shredded every once in a while. Cooked beets are nice too though

Mmmm salad. Go there and look around and ask your body what it really wants and needs. Then get that. I'm trying to do that more often. My kids do it much better than me.

Or how about the grossest and kind of yummiest salad? Go to subway and get all their veggies in a bowl and sprinkle a little of their vinegar on top. It has no nutritional value and is probably more toxic than a can of pesticide, but it's delicious!

Hmms. Try this.

Chopped Vegetables: Spinach, Tomato Broccoli, Carrots....whatever else you like.

One cube of Tofu( The Whole Package. You could probably find one for a dollar ) chopped into bits.

Chopped/Boiled Potatoes( To add some extra carbs/protein )

A few sprints of sea salt here and there.

And there ya go ^_^. Super Salad.

I'm not saying this is "the best" but it's how i usually fix my salads. I use spinach as the base, and add lots of sprouts: alfalfa, garbanzo, peas, lentils, etc. Then some sort of fat: I favor pepitas, and sunflower seeds. I don't like dressings so I never go that route. If its too bland for you maybe try adding some hummus, or salsa.