Gen. Colin Powell Endorses Sen. Barack Obama for President

veganmomma

I just watched an interview on Meet the Press with Retired General Colin Powell former Secretary of State who served in the George W. Bush administration from 2001-2005. Gen. Powell said he will vote for Senator Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.

Any thoughts?

Awesome news.

I find it inspiring to see a prominent political figure breaking partisan ranks to speak his conscience for what he believes is right. That is the kind of thing I used to respect Senator McCain for.

Additionally, I am glad that he flat out said that he doesn't think Sarah Palin is ready to be president. I think that is very relevant since Senator Obama's opponent is a 72 year old cancer patient.

That was some hot air shit.

Say he wouldn't vote for McCain because of his perception of the narrowing of the right,

but would vote for Obama because he perceives him to be an intellectual.

He said nothing about Obama's political stances on major issues, and used the peoples perception of Islam as McCains belief.

I see it as just another person of color, voting merely for skin color.

Colin Powell is saying it's time we had a black president, and so I'm voting for Obama.

Right or wrong if you can't see that, it time to take your rose colored glasses off.

Colin Powell is saying it's time we had a black president, and so I'm voting for Obama.

Right or wrong if you can't see that, it time to take your rose colored glasses off.

I think your post is ignorant borderline racist bullshit. It's an insult to General Powell and his intelligence. General Powell clearly articulated the reasons why he is voting for Senator Obama.

I think he made very clear points explaining why Obama would make a better President of the United States and I agree with many of those points as well, especially with the fear of the Republican party moving further to the right and the judgement of selecting Gov. Palin. As well as other points that he makes that explains why both are capable but one is a better choice, that better choice being Sen. Obama.

I think your post is ignorant borderline racist bullshit. It's an insult to General Powell and his intelligence. General Powell clearly articulated the reasons why he is voting for Senator Obama.

Well if you can call me a racist, then I'll call you a dirt bag. Shall we continue?

People like you who can't see the truth and refuse to believe it are a dime a dozen.

Voting on a hope or a dream is rediculous.

General Powell clearly articulated the reasons why he is voting for Senator Obama.

Quote for me all these articulations. All he really says if how great a guy he thinks he is.

I never "heard" him say that. I think you are the only one here talking about skin color acctually.

I never "heard" him say that. I think you are the only one here talking about skin color acctually.

Why do people ignore the truth and refuse to see what is real?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22859978/

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=258258

http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/763

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23182448-7583,00.html

http://www.newsflavor.com/Opinions/Are-You-Voting-for-Obamas-Race.285399

How many more links would you like. Or are you confident you can seek the truth on your own?

All you people want to live in caves and not talk about the truth of things but instead call me a racist. Then go right ahead and bury your head in the sand.

Denials, denials and more denails. Matbe you should read that book "Why we do what we do". and figure out if your voting for the charisma , the hope and the prayer or political stance.

PS don't forget to save some of your money for the extra taxes.

Well if you can call me a racist, then I'll call you a dirt bag. Shall we continue? People like you who can't see the truth and refuse to believe it are a dime a dozen.

Voting on a hope or a dream is rediculous.

I didn't call you a racist. I said your comment that General Powell will vote for Senator Obama because he's black is borderline racist. What truth? The delusion you want to believe. Back up your truths.
xjohanx didn't hear Gen. Powell say that either.
Quote for me all these articulations. All he really says if how great a guy he thinks he is.
Watch the video clip again. I'm not going to write the transcripts of what Gen. Powell said during the interview for you.

All you people want to live in caves and not talk about the truth of things but instead call me a racist. Then go right ahead and bury your head in the sand.

Denials, denials and more denails. Matbe you should read that book "Why we do what we do". and figure out if your voting for the charisma , the hope and the prayer or political stance.

Hey dude, please slow down. I have never ever called you a racist or even remarked so. I thought it was interesting that you were the only one that connected Obama and Powell by race. That's it. Thanks for the links I will look at them later.

And I don't need to save money because of US taxes since I live in Sweden. We already have the worlds highest taxes and I love it.

Hey dude, please slow down. I have never ever called you a racist or even remarked so. I thought it was interesting that you were the only one that connected Obama and Powell by race. That's it. Thanks for the links I will look at them later.

And I don't need to save money because of US taxes since I live in Sweden. We already have the worlds highest taxes and I love it.

Holy shit, roll the rock back in front of the cave opening.

I can't control the way you choose to interpret my words. I wanted you to explain the way you were thinking when you made your comments as it seemed to me that you made the connection that Powell supports Obama because of their skin color. I think you need to chill out because it seems like you have already decided what I think about you and everything else. Not to sound like a cliche but you do not know me or my opinions so stop writing like you do, please. I am writing this in a very non hostile way, just FYI.

I can't control the way you choose to interpret my words. I wanted you to explain the way you were thinking when you made your comments as it seemed to me that you made the connection that Powell supports Obama because of their skin color. I think you need to chill out because it seems like you have already decided what I think about you and everything else. Not to sound like a cliche but you do not know me or my opinions so stop writing like you do, please. I am writing this in a very non hostile way, just FYI.
Yes, lets discuss your hostility. While you tell me what to do.

Powell says, about Obama, and I quote:

"I watched him during this 7 week period, and he dispayed

a steadiness, an intellectual couriosity, a depth of knowledge,"

"Showing intelectual vigor."

"Has a difinitive way of doing business that would serve us well,"

BS with no sustance about policies.

I'm listening to a song called "YOU GOT ISSUES" right now. It fits you pretty well.

Yes, lets discuss your hostility. While you tell me what to do.

I said I think you need to chill out and I still think so. It's impossible to have a discussion with you when you jump to conclusions like you are doing all the time.

Yeah, I think we already talked about you 20 something percent unemployment rate. No Thanks

I don't understand what the point of your comment was here either. I just tried to inform you that I'm not from the US since you told me to start saving money for tax raises in the US. I thought you made a simple mistake thinking that I was a US citizen. I was trying to be nice about it and it was a simple misunderstanding. I don't understand why you are so hostile about it.

It's obvious that we have come off on the wrong foot. How that happened I do not know but let's start fresh. I don't think you are a racist but I am curious on why you would say that Powell supports Obama only because they are both black.

I don't understand what the point of your comment was here either. I just tried to inform you that I'm not from the US since you told me to start saving money for tax raises in the US. I thought you made a simple mistake thinking that I was a US citizen. I was trying to be nice about it and it was a simple misunderstanding. I don't understand why you are so hostile about it.

It's obvious that we have come off on the wrong foot. How that happened I do not know but let's start fresh. I don't think you are a racist but I am curious on why you would say that Powell supports Obama only because they are both black.

I know, I knew you weren't from the US so I don't even see why you mentioned not have to save taxes for what I said.

I'm not going to explain race, race relations, etc., with you here and now. I suggest you might read some books on the subject though. It's not as black and white as you might think it to be. Read.

Why do people ignore the truth and refuse to see what is real?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22859978/

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=258258

http://www.republicansforobama.org/?q=node/763

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23182448-7583,00.html

http://www.newsflavor.com/Opinions/Are-You-Voting-for-Obamas-Race.285399

How many more links would you like. Or are you confident you can seek the truth on your own?

Since you quoted ME and replied to what I had said I thought you were talking to me. If you weren't I think you should have been more clear.

Okay if you don't want to discuss race issues with me. It seems like it won't take us far anyway since you've already made up your mind about me and everybody who thinks like me. But I think it's fucking rude that you suggest that I should read up on things just because our opinions differ. Just because I have another stand point than you on this question does not mean I possess less knowledge.

Since you quoted ME and replied to what I had said I thought you were talking to me. If you weren't I think you should have been more clear.

Okay if you don't want to discuss race issues with me. It seems like it won't take us far anyway since you've already made up your mind about me and everybody who thinks like me. But I think it's fucking rude that you suggest that I should read up on things just because our opinions differ. Just because I have another stand point than you on this question does not mean I possess less knowledge.

I was trying to be nice about it and it was a simple misunderstanding. I don't understand why you are so hostile about it.

I'm not hostile I think your reading what your writing and attributing it to me.

Having trouble with your composure?

Just because someone suggest you read up on something doesn't mean that yo are stupid. Unless you really feel this way about yourself yourself.

anyway since you've already made up your mind about me and everybody who thinks like me.
and now you are presuming to know me. Weren't you just kicking me, for thinking I knew how and why you feel the way you do? Edited by Vegan Joe