Lasik

monixdenix

My husband had it done in May of 2007. He had pretty bad eyesight to begin with, -8, I believe. It went well, he was happy for awhile, but by December of that year he needed glasses again. They were just -1.25 or something, but it's still frustrating when you paid all that to not need them. They have gotten worse since then, I think he is up to -1.75 now. The good news is that the doctor who performed the surgery has agreed to do a "touch up" for him when he gets back form Iraq. Who knows if it'll last, but at least they're trying.

I have a friend who got PRK done at the same time as my husband, and his has stuck. But, his vision also wasn't as bad as my husband's.

I haven't had it done, but know two people who are both in their early 40s who had it done over a year ago and both rave that it was one of the best decisions they'd made in a long time. It's 2 for 2 as far as positive reviews from friends, so that's a good sign!

I wouldn't worry about it being scary - after getting eye injections every 2 months for my condition, I can say that Lasik sounds like a walk in the park if I were to ever want to get it I'm sure that you'll be properly sedated and clamped up (if you haven't had an eye clamp on to keep your lids open, it's an interesting experience to say the least), and since it only takes a minute, it probably isn't all that bad.

Id really like to have lasik, probably will in a few years unless something changes. Ive had quite a few friends and family do it, and everything went smoothly. My advice is to pay for the most expensive lasik from the doctor with the most experience to avoid a horror story. My vision has improved since being vegan, but their might not be any real correlation since im still somewhat young. Ive gone from +4.5 in both eyes at 21 to +3.5 in both eyes at 23, and Im an ideal candidate for the surgery but now that im raw Id like to dream and hope i can correct it fully!

I believe I once heard of some raw vegan getting completely rid of their need for glasses or contacts, but I have no idea who it was. Has anybody ever heard of raw vegans fixing their eyesight without surgery?

My advice is to pay for the most expensive lasik from the doctor with the most experience to avoid a horror story.

There are some bladeless options available if you live near a medical center that has specialty clinics (such as the one I get my treatments at), but they can be VERY expensive for the best procedures. My wife was looking into it, and it was around $4000 to have the top-of-the-line bladeless procedure done, so if you want the best, be ready to pay for it

• 14 years later...

I had this surgery six months ago and I can tell you that patients usually experience minimal discomfort or pain during LASIK surgery. The procedure is performed using local anesthesia in the form of eye drops to relieve eye pain, so you should feel no pain during the surgery itself. However, you may feel some pressure or the sensation that something has touched your eye. I was recommended Lasik Los Angeles and had it done at that clinic.
After surgery, you may feel some slight discomfort or a feeling of grittiness in your eyes for a few hours. Your eyes may also be sensitive to light and watery. These feelings usually go away within a day or two as your eyes begin to heal. But either way, everything will go perfectly and you don't have to worry about anything.