Ethos Vegan Kitchen calendar o' events Orlando, FL

We've already talked about Ethos Vegan Kitchen, you and I, which recently won an award from PETA.

Turns out, the kitchen isn't the only thing that's cooking at Ethos. There's also a lot happening out on the patio, both this month and next.

Fri, 10/31, is the Ethos Halloween Party, 6pm-Midnight

Sat, 11/01, World Vegan Day!

Sat, 11/01, 2pm-6pm: Ethos Freecycle: Clothing

Sat, 11/01, 6pm-9pm: Live Music on the Patio with contemporary jazz pianist Kevin Maguire.

Sun, 11/02, 11am-2pm: DJ SPS Jazz Brunch Set on the patio.

As another place for Election Day freebies, show your "I Voted" sticker on 11/4 for a free cookie.

Sun, 11/09, 11am-2pm: Kevin Stever & Renee Arozqueta Modern Folk Brunch Set on the patio.

Mon, 11/17 through Mon, 11/24, Food Drive for Harbor House. Bring your non-perishable food items for donation.

Tues, 11/18, 6pm-?: Pierogi Night!

Good music (especially the Stever/Arozqueta combo), healthy food, and community are a great combination. And who could pass up pierogi night?

• 4 weeks later...

Last night I heard the owner/chef speak about going vegan. It was for national vegan month, and they had a discussion at one of our public libraries. They had to add a lot of chairs as some people came in late and there were no more seats. It was very well done. Now me and a lady at the Y that I work at are trying to get them to have a talk about plant nutrition. I think this is definitely going to happen, as one of our directors is also interested in a vegan diet. The way the owner spoke was very laid back, and not trying to convert people. He said that 70% of his customers aren't even vegetarian, and they keep coming back. He doesn't even really use meat substitutes, he's more into using vegetables. He does love seitan though, and now so do I!