Need to lose weight but always hungry

dunaway1

Ok so I 've tried low carb, doesn't work because I don't care for meat or dairy, and I've tried low calorie and raw food, but I am always so hungry and when I eat raw food I crave " sweets" alot! I want to be healthy and to do that I need to lose about 25 lbs. I am also working on upping my cardio. I love the vegan lifestyle! I really enjoy eating beans, fruit, nuts ,rice and cream of wheat with splenda! I have found out that gluten and wheat are big no-nos for me in how my body reacts and feels so I try to leave those out! Alot of my co-workers say that I should eat low carb cause its healthier than eating beans, rice and lots of fruit, but reading the post on this website, protein and fat seem to be unhealthy in the long run and I'm in it for the long run, I don't want to end up with cancer or kidney/colon problems. Am I on the right track? Should I limit carbs? If I limit them I seem to be tired and brain fogged, but again people say that is from sugar withdrawl and its a good sign.

Thanks in advance guys

No, there's no reason to limit carbs. Eat a variety of foods like beans, grains, veg, and fruit and you should be good.

How can anyone say that eating "low carb" is healthier than eating beans and rice and stuff? Seriously?? I mean, I can see that sitting around eating cakes all day would be bad, but beans and rice?

Ok so I 've tried low carb, doesn't work because I don't care for meat or dairy, and I've tried low calorie and raw food, but I am always so hungry and when I eat raw food I crave " sweets" alot! I want to be healthy and to do that I need to lose about 25 lbs. I am also working on upping my cardio. I love the vegan lifestyle! I really enjoy eating beans, fruit, nuts ,rice and cream of wheat with splenda! I have found out that gluten and wheat are big no-nos for me in how my body reacts and feels so I try to leave those out! Alot of my co-workers say that I should eat low carb cause its healthier than eating beans, rice and lots of fruit, but reading the post on this website, protein and fat seem to be unhealthy in the long run and I'm in it for the long run, I don't want to end up with cancer or kidney/colon problems. Am I on the right track? Should I limit carbs? If I limit them I seem to be tired and brain fogged, but again people say that is from sugar withdrawl and its a good sign.

Thanks in advance guys

Eat carbs. They're good for you. Your body needs them and, as long as you're burning more than you're ingesting, will use them for energy instead of storing them as fat. Go for complex, low-glycemic index carbs instead of sugars, though. Whole grains, beans, and veggies. If you need sweets, go for fruit. Eat high-fiber, high-protein, and drink a lot of water. You'll feel fuller. And stay away from fat.

I have found out that gluten and wheat are big no-nos for me in how my body reacts and feels so I try to leave those out!

This is your second post about carbs... trying to avoid carbs, now you've taken out all gluten and wheat, but still want to eat Vegan. Sounds to me like you are putting up too many roadblocks for yourself. Now you say your taking out other foods. Don't you think your trying to be too strict and your body ends up rebelling and binging? You have to have some carbs.

Losing 25 lbs is not an easy task to do without a game plan. Go on something like the Southbeach Online diet. You can filter it for Vegan choices. It's a good plan for someone looking for a solid diet. It sounds like you have two many contradictions and thoughts swimming through your head to be successful losing those 25 lbs on their own. There's no shame in that. I SURE AS HELL CAN'T WING IT. Everything for me needs to be measured out, portioned, etc or I won't lose fat.

I'd hate to lose you as a Vegan just because you have alot of conflicting info. Sign up for the South Beach Diet or sign up for my online program (which is very affordable), so you can lose the weight you want Vegan style and then you can loosen the belt, have a few more carbs and be a Vegan for life!

OK Veganprincess.. First of all I am NOT setting up road blocks for myself! I have Celiac disease and wheat and Gluten do not digest for me. So I know that I have to approach my eating plan in a careful manner. I personally do not feel that anything meat or dairy is healthy AT ALL especially in the long run. I am only posting about carbs to try and find out how I should juggle them around to help them work for my body and not agaisnt it. Don't misunderstand me, I value and appreciate your comments and suggestions, but I am trying to work with the knowledge that I have and posting for ideas and suggestions from others that are successful in a vegan lifestyle.. that's all.

OK Veganprincess.. First of all I am NOT setting up road blocks for myself! I have Celiac disease and wheat and Gluten do not digest for me. So I know that I have to approach my eating plan in a careful manner. I personally do not feel that anything meat or dairy is healthy AT ALL especially in the long run. I am only posting about carbs to try and find out how I should juggle them around to help them work for my body and not agaisnt it. Don't misunderstand me, I value and appreciate your comments and suggestions, but I am trying to work with the knowledge that I have and posting for ideas and suggestions from others that are successful in a vegan lifestyle.. that's all.

I have found out that gluten and wheat are big no-nos for me in how my body reacts and feels so I try to leave those out!

This is your second post about carbs... trying to avoid carbs, now you've taken out all gluten and wheat, but still want to eat Vegan. Sounds to me like you are putting up too many roadblocks for yourself. Now you say your taking out other foods. Don't you think your trying to be too strict and your body ends up rebelling and binging? You have to have some carbs.

Losing 25 lbs is not an easy task to do without a game plan. Go on something like the Southbeach Online diet. You can filter it for Vegan choices. It's a good plan for someone looking for a solid diet. It sounds like you have two many contradictions and thoughts swimming through your head to be successful losing those 25 lbs on their own. There's no shame in that. I SURE AS HELL CAN'T WING IT. Everything for me needs to be measured out, portioned, etc or I won't lose fat.

I'd hate to lose you as a Vegan just because you have alot of conflicting info. Sign up for the South Beach Diet or sign up for my online program (which is very affordable), so you can lose the weight you want Vegan style and then you can loosen the belt, have a few more carbs and be a Vegan for life!

Great post Veggie Princess. Coming from someone who's been there, too many limitations on a diet is not healthy. For myself, I spent so much time and effort stressing about my diet, that I ended up gaining weight from binging and the stress factor. Balance is key to a healthy lifestyle.

OK Veganprincess.. First of all I am NOT setting up road blocks for myself! I have Celiac disease and wheat and Gluten do not digest for me. So I know that I have to approach my eating plan in a careful manner.

Okay, yes...people diagnosed with Celiac disease or with wheat allergies should avoid this. Sorry for assuming you weren't...it just seems that I've come into alot of contact with people over the last few years that say they're giving up all wheat and gluten simply because they've heard it causes problems in others with these sensitivities or because they feel a little "bloaty" after these foods so they assume they're not digesting them. THAT'S the category I thought you fell into, so I apologize for assuming.

Having said that, I appreciate that you're still trying to commit to a Vegan lifestyle given these limitations. It narrows your choices a bit, but is definitely doable. If you want to PM me, I can give you some tips and guidelines to help you get those pounds off, if you're interested

You might find it helpful to look up some info on the 'satiety index'. In other words, what types of food make you feel less hungry per calorie eaten. It's somewhat subjective but might be an interesting read. I believe potatoes are superstars in this category, and that's been my experience with them, at least. 250 calories of baked/mashed potato (or, say, perogies or parathas) definitely keep me sated for longer than 250 calories of certain other foods. A lot of legumes do this for me, as well.

Keeping up a good fibre intake also really makes you feel sated longer in my experience. Salads with meals, high-fiber foods like oatmeal, etc.

Brendan Brazier states that hunger usually comes from lack of nutrients. When your body can't get enough nutrients it keeps wanting more food in it's attempt to get more nutrients. Find high nutrient foods with protien and fiber and there is a good chance you won't be hungry. I saw this guy at he raw meetup in my area. He tried every diet known to man and apparently his last attempt was going raw. He ended up loosing 200 pounds. I wish I knew is name he now goes around the country talking to people how he lost weight and feels really great and is no longer always hungry

I saw this guy at the raw meetup in my area. He tried every diet known to man and apparently his last attempt was going raw. He ended up loosing 200 pounds. I wish I knew is name he now goes around the country talking to people how he lost weight and feels really great and is no longer always hungry

Was it Philip McCluskey ( http://www.lovingraw.com/ )?