CARBS/FATS....help!

i've read everywhere you should have somewhere between 1g and 1.5g of protein per body weight, sometimes even 2g. what i'm wondering and never have read is how much carbohydrates and fat should you intake?

i'm 5'9" and 160lbs. i started lifting for the first time just about a year ago and i was at 140lbs. my body shape has changed a lot, in a good way. i want to refine my diet and make my muscles really stand out and look cut. so if anyone has any idea numbers wise how many grams of fat and carbs is good to be at that would help a lot. i'm not vegan, just vegetarian so i tend to eat a lot of cheese and pasta. i know there's a lot of carbs in pasta and fat in cheese, just seeing how much i need to cut out.

thanks!

brett

i've read everywhere you should have somewhere between 1g and 1.5g of protein per body weight, sometimes even 2g. what i'm wondering and never have read is how much carbohydrates and fat should you intake?

i'm 5'9" and 160lbs. i started lifting for the first time just about a year ago and i was at 140lbs. my body shape has changed a lot, in a good way. i want to refine my diet and make my muscles really stand out and look cut. so if anyone has any idea numbers wise how many grams of fat and carbs is good to be at that would help a lot. i'm not vegan, just vegetarian so i tend to eat a lot of cheese and pasta. i know there's a lot of carbs in pasta and fat in cheese, just seeing how much i need to cut out.

thanks!

brett

For a really serious way of finding out, I would need to know your body fat. Reason being is that I would first need to find out how much your body burns at rest without any activity. Then we would make a Fat Burning regime and get yourself in a negative calorie balance, meaning burn more than you consume. If you have a surplus of calories, you tend to get the extra calories that are not used and store it as fat. If you want to get definition, you would do the opposite.