Meal plan

I was wondering if anyone can help me gain weight. I want to eat vegan and gain weight but honestly I don't know how to. I am a college student so I have the advantage of having lots of gaps in my schedule to possibly go home and eat (I have a kitchen in my apartment.) I just don't know what to eat, how much, and when. I'd like to get enough protein (1g for 1lb body weight?) omega 3, recommended 5 a day each of fruits and vegetables, etc. It would be much appreciated!

some form of mueseli with soy yoghurt for breakfast, two potatos and a full tin of beans for lunch, a tofu stir fry for dinner, maybe one or two pittas with humus between if you think you need more, 100+ grams of nuts and seeds and 2+ protein drinks with loads of fruit and veg will definately give enough protein; I try and get something like this every day, though I've only been having 1 protein drink for the last few weeks...

Im also a college student btw

I'm also a student and I'm eating something like this:

07.00 Breakfast: Oatmeal, flax seeds, sesame seeds, hemp seeds, shredded coconut, blueberries and dates.

10.00 Snack: Tofu whole wheat sandwhiches and a smoothie

12.00 Lunch: Legumes with veggies or legumes with quinoa/brown rice and veggies.

16.00 Snack: Fruits, nuts and seeds

18.00-19.00 Training (Essential amino acids, bananas, dates)

20.00 Dinner: Often same as lunch (or I make somethign new which I eat next day for lunch too)

23.00 Fruits, nuts, seeds and sometimes some hot cocoa (sugar free).

Adding protein shakes will def help you gain mass, but I don't take them because I'm into the whole foods a lot

My biggest problem is when we're in the laboratory where it's forbidden to drink or eat anything. Sometimes I'm there for 6 hours which messes up my meal plan completely. Seeds and nuts are probably one of the best staples in a bulking diet so get a lot of them. Smoothies are a great way of getting lot's of energy and you can add basically whatever you want, fruits, seeds, nuts, plant milk, protein powders, oats etc. Good luck!

i'm a student, too. i don't really have a meal plan but here are some varieties of my day:

8:30

200g pear/100g apple/200g bananas/500g yofu with 400g plums

11:30

organic food bar/selfmade protein bars

13:00

125g rice with 450g tofu/125g noodles with 450g tofu/different veggies

14:00

pre work out shake: 250ml soy milk, 25g protein powder, 13g bcaa's

15:00

work out

17:30

post work out shake: 500ml soy milk, 45g protein powder, 5g glutamin

al

18:00

125g rice with 200g tofu/200g beans/different veggies/100g quinoa

21:00

100g-250g nuts/salad/selfmade protein bars/500g yofu

i aim for about 3000kcal per day and for 150g+ protein so i chose my meals with regard to that goal. if it's easy for you to gain weight 3000kcal will be defenitely enough. if not, simply add more food.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. I think what I need is recipes. Because I dont know what to get if I dont plan out all my recipes for the week and therefore know what and how much stuff to get. I've read tons and tons of articles on how to eat healthy and how to eat to gain weight and I keep hearing the same advice over and over eat more good fats eat more vegetables blah blah blah well none of that is any help, cause guess what, even if I buy a fridge full of vegetables and the foods they say are healthy or good for gaining weight, what do I do with them? You can't eat them straight, except for the premade stuff, that I'm trying to stay away from. I want to eat healthy but I don't know what to buy or how to put it together to make something edible.

Thanks all. I think what I need is recipes. Because I dont know what to get if I dont plan out all my recipes for the week and therefore know what and how much stuff to get. I've read tons and tons of articles on how to eat healthy and how to eat to gain weight and I keep hearing the same advice over and over eat more good fats eat more vegetables blah blah blah well none of that is any help, cause guess what, even if I buy a fridge full of vegetables and the foods they say are healthy or good for gaining weight, what do I do with them? You can't eat them straight, except for the premade stuff, that I'm trying to stay away from. I want to eat healthy but I don't know what to buy or how to put it together to make something edible.

what don't you consider the idea of buying a recipe book??

you'll find tons of ideas on how to cook vegetables, cerelas and how to "mix them" together

The easiest way is just to...boil them(but this way the taste is pretty "simple")

if you want to gain weight I' ma afraid veg. are not enough. Eat cereals and legumes and seeds and olive oil (or sunflower or soya oil)

you'll find tons of ideas on how to cook vegetables, cerelas and how to "mix them" together

The easiest way is just to...boil them(but this way the taste is pretty "simple")

if you want to gain weight I' m afraid veg. are not enough. Eat cereals and legumes and seeds and olive oil (or sunflower or soya oil)

what are smoothies??

are they vegetable juices?

if yes, do you prepare them at home and carry them around in a thermos??

smoothies can be anything liquid - veggies, fruits, proteins, fats - you put stuff in your blender, add some water. But I think it usually refers to fruit smoothies, like for instance: banana, strawberries, soymilk, maybe some ice too if you want. Then yes, in a thermos.

• 3 weeks later...

if you want to gain weight I' m afraid veg. are not enough. Eat cereals and legumes and seeds and olive oil (or sunflower or soya oil)

I don't know how to tell which recipes are both good for weight and healthy.