Alternative to soya

DaN

As some of you know I have become intolerant to soya recently, & have been looking around for a protein powder to replace it.

I ordered some pea protein which tastes great & has helped me get back on track with the bodybuilding.

I would recomend it for anyone having soy based problems.

(I also tried hemp but found it really really bad)

As some of you know I have become intolerant to soya recently, & have been looking around for a protein powder to replace it.

I ordered some pea protein which tastes great & has helped me get back on track with the bodybuilding.

I would recomend it for anyone having soy based problems.

(I also tried hemp but found it really really bad)

shouldn't though pea protein be mixed with rice powder, in order for it to be complete???

Well so I am hearing.I dont know where to get any rice powder here in the UK.

It has a pretty good profile on its own, so for now it will do.

I just found out it has 25grams of protein per scoop, & I have been using 2 in each shake.Oops.My kidneys will be hating me for that.

I will start putting just one scoop in now

Erm, I think this is a question to me?

The stuff I got from http://www.myprotein.co.uk is an ok taste, when mixed with fruit.It blends fine in about 10 seconds & digestion seems 100% good.I have had no problems with it yet.Compared to the hemp, it is a dream come true.

I am mixing it with a smoothie of peaches & it is really quite yummy.

Might consider taking it mixed with a little rice protein, or hemp but for now if it works, I will do it on its own.So far, I seem to be seeing the same gains as I was on soya, in a couple of weeks I will know for sure.

Will post my results here if thats any use francesca

Erm, I think this is a question to me?

The stuff I got from http://www.myprotein.co.uk is an ok taste, when mixed with fruit.It blends fine in about 10 seconds & digestion seems 100% good.I have had no problems with it yet.Compared to the hemp, it is a dream come true.

I am mixing it with a smoothie of peaches & it is really quite yummy.

Might consider taking it mixed with a little rice protein, or hemp but for now if it works, I will do it on its own.So far, I seem to be seeing the same gains as I was on soya, in a couple of weeks I will know for sure.

Will post my results here if thats any use francesca

thank you dan! yes the question was for you

how come so many people are having problems with soya powders??