Veganique

xjohanx

http://northcoastnaturals.com/

Who tried it, is it good?

I need something I can keep in my locker at the university and mix with basically just water. I know a lot of you are big fans of vegan but it's expenisve, contains isolates and isn't sold in Europe. Veganique is sold where my GF lives and I'm going there soon so I was thinking of picking up some. Is it worth the price? Seems pretty good with chlorella, vitamins, hemp/rice protein, nice balance between omega 3s and 6s. I know it's been talked about in other threads but I wanted to know a little more. Fire away reviews and opinions!

Yeah it's weird. Speically since it isn't legal to sell stevia as food...

The price is 124,00 (insert name of polish currency) for 975 grams.

It's expenisve if you compare it to other protein powders (duh) but this is so much more.

Maca, chlorella (gives you some DHA), perfect ratio between omega 3 and 6, probiotics (I think I could really benefit from that), multivitamin, weird berry extracts and so on. If you look up maca on the swedish wikipedia it says "maca makes you horny like a wild animal" so I'm siked about it.

Yeah it's a good version. And no isolates, so according to me it's acctually better.

But I do think Vega cares, it's just that they can't market their product as food or supplement here since it contains stevia. Europe sucks when it comes to stuff like that. Allowing aspartame, sucralose, asulfam-K and all that other crap but not a regular sweet spice??

I don't know much about it, but I was one of the first to spot it at a trade show in Canada. They copied Vega, including copying the label nearly word for word. We could have sued them but I don't think we did. I pointed it out to Brendan and he went over to talk to them but wouldn't try it because he thought they put D3 in it, a non-vegan vitamin.

Veganique is made by a big whey protein company called PVL I believe. They are a huge whey protein company from Canada and came out with this product years ago after all the success Vega had. It's cheaper because they are a much bigger company. Not totally sure it is vegan, but now it probably is.

I've never tried it. Let me know what it is like if you give it a try.

I saw this product when I was out in Canada in the health food stores and advertised in the health magazines.

I’ve always wondered why you never hear anybody talking about it.

It’s bad that it’s just a Vega rip-off, especially so if the manufacturers are a big whey outfit.

I’ve always wanted to try Natures Plus Spiru-tein soy flavours - too bad they contain bee pollen. Other than that they appear to be vegan.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know much about it, but I was one of the first to spot it at a trade show in Canada. They copied Vega, including copying the label nearly word for word. We could have sued them but I don't think we did. I pointed it out to Brendan and he went over to talk to them but wouldn't try it because he thought they put D3 in it, a non-vegan vitamin.

Yeah it's pretty obvious they stole a lot of ideas from Vega, basically everything is the same except they don't have pea protein (which is good for me because I eat so much legumes anyway) and they have more organic ingredients which I really think is awesome! The vitamin complex is totally vegan, it's d2 vitamin, I always double check because I was also sceptical first.

Veganique is made by a big whey protein company called PVL I believe. They are a huge whey protein company from Canada and came out with this product years ago after all the success Vega had. It's cheaper because they are a much bigger company. Not totally sure it is vegan, but now it probably is.

Hey I didn't know this acctually. I knew they had one whey protein powder under the same company name (north coast naturals) as Veganique. But looking into it you're right. They have a lot of whey!! But even though I enjoy supporting vegan companies in reality it can't be done all of the time. Hopefully they will realize that veganism is the right way to go even for their company. (Yes I am totally naive)

I've never tried it. Let me know what it is like if you give it a try.

I tried some today and I really liked it. I tried mixing it in just water which had def good taste, a little bitter taste from the stevia though. I also tried making a smoothie with the powder, berries, bananas, spinach and water and that was totally awesome! It's by far the best MRP I've ever tried when it comes to digestion, taste and ingredients.

I saw this product when I was out in Canada in the health food stores and advertised in the health magazines.

I’ve always wondered why you never hear anybody talking about it.

It’s bad that it’s just a Vega rip-off, especially so if the manufacturers are a big whey outfit.

Yeah me too. People should know more about it because it's def a really good product. It's really shitty the way that they tried to "cover" their tracks by taking the name "north coast naturals" and launching the vegan products through that name but at the end of the line it's still like any other egg, milk and shit company.

It is a whey based company that is the largest whey company in Canada I believe, so to me, it's not worth supporting. I'd give you a major discount on Vega, the product they copied, before I'd feel good about supporting that company, even if that specific product might be vegan.

I’ve always wanted to try Natures Plus Spiru-tein soy flavours - too bad they contain bee pollen. Other than that they appear to be vegan.

I've tried a few different flavors of that - it's pretty good. Yeah, most flavors contain bee pollen (which I don't mind) and some contain D3 - so you need to read the ingredients carefully.

Greg

It is a whey based company that is the largest whey company in Canada I believe, so to me, it's not worth supporting. I'd give you a major discount on Vega, the product they copied, before I'd feel good about supporting that company, even if that specific product might be vegan.

i'd love to use vega. but it's too expensive to order it from the us and i just thought that i could maybe oder some of that copied stuff from somewhere in europe.

• 2 weeks later...