Wow, what a stomach!

robert

My advice is to just do whatever you want, and not worry about what other people want.

I'm pretty sure I'd end up in jail if I did that.

Anyways most people are quite social, and most people's needs(physical, intellectual, and emotional) are meet though social interaction. Paying attention to what other people want is quite important to get what you want. You got to give a little to get a little. Most of us are people pleasers anyways, getting satisfaction from meeting others needs and wants. We just shouldn't do it at the expense of our own desires.

No offense but the whole 'do whatever you want, and not worry about what other people want' is anti-social, juvenile, egoistical crap.

To me it's simple. If you think you're doing something wrong, stop doing it, or change it. If you don't think you're doing anything wrong, then keep doing it. Be ready to change the things about yourself that you think are wrong, but don't change the things about yourself which are good or fine.

So then, when you meet someone with an expectation of you, there are a few scenarios:

A ) Their expectation of you is satisfied by your current characteristics

B ) Their expectation of you is not satisfied

In the event of B ), you then have:

1) You think what you're doing is fine: you choose not to change

2) You hadn't thought about it before, and realise you are wrong: you choose to change

3) You think what you're doing is fine, however, you change to satisfy them

Everything is fine up until 3) in my opinion.

If someone expects something from me which I hadn't thought of before - I can't give an example of this of course, because it will be something that I haven't thought of before - and it is something that I realise I have done wrong, then I'd be happy to change it. This isn't meeting their expectation to satisfy them, it has just been brought to my attention that I am wrong about something, and the obvious thing to do is change it.

But if someone expects something from me, which I'm not doing, and I don't see a reason to do it, then I won't. That's not to say that I don't care about other people, or that I won't do things to help. I already do do that. So if someone expects me to be polite, be concerned with their well-being, listen to their problems, help them when I can - this isn't a problem because that is who I am. But if someone expects me to have a certain shape of stomach, I won't meet their expectation, and we are not compatible. I don't think my stomach is wrong, or a valid reason to dislike me, so I won't change it for them. I'd rather find someone who wouldn't judge me based on my stomach :/

I see where you coming from and respect your principled position Richard. But I still think your missing the bigger picture in two ways.

It's not always an issue or right or wrong.

For example, I generally prefer to not wear a shirt, but I understand this makes many people at least a bit uncomfortable, so I wear a shirt most of the time for other people. Only taking it off when 'appropriate', i.e. gym, my own home, sports, labour jobs. But I rarely walk around in public without a shirt, or go into business of other people's homes topless.

When I was younger I was too lazy to wear deodorant and likely quite stinky. My girlfriend at the time, and other friends peer pressured my into changing(to the benefit of all.)

Am I denying my true self by being a clean, shirt wearer?

Secondly morality is a social construct, it's something we all make together. So to talk of morality and not tie it into other peoples wants and exceptions is to ignore where it comes from, and fetishize it as an abstraction.

Honestly I doubt we'd every see eye to eye on this. I'm very much a collectivist, while you seem much more or an individualist.

Edited by Wobbly Lifter

there is a lot of talk here about that stomach and attracting women.

i didn't even think of him in that way ~ i was too busy staring and studying... i have never ever seen anything like it... to think about him being a hottie!

raven and tarz summed up what I think.

How is that possible? Raven and tarz had opposing points of view

Men shouldn't care about what they think women want; it's the same damage that occurs when women spiral into eating disorders, buying into unrealistic standards of "beauty" because they care about what they think men want.
Of course they should care if they want to attract women.
Let me clarify Richard. I think men shouldn't care about what women want as far as physical appearance, however if a guy doesn't have a certain physique many women won't give him the time of day.

I know many women who are attracted to small waifish looking men, aren't attracted too nor would they go out with a 200lb male weightlifter. Many perfect barbie dolls aren't attracted to guys with a beer belly. There are exceptions to the rule.

Edited by bodybag

I was speaking in general terms, not specifically if women want to see a steroid gut on men.

Men shouldn’t care about what some/most women want – like anything in life nobody can be all things to all people - but if you want to impress certain females that you’ve got your eye on, then it’s logical for one to think about what said woman is thinking and the kind of things they like/dislike if it’s going to increase your chance of getting anywhere.

Or if men like females from within a specific scene/community – exercise, rock, knitting – whatever, then you should bear in mind - without stereotyping too much - that it is possible/likely that most women from these groups like a certain type of man - be it in looks, fashion, physique whatever. Rock chicks in many cases go for rock dudes, gym bunnies don’t usually go for fat slobs and so forth.

Lot’s of people have strong traits that they can and will curb if it means they get the object of their desire. I know loads of people who used to be really into their sport, drinking and other stuff, who just knock it on the head once they’re mad keen on someone. If they carries on regardless as before then there’s a good chance they would of never hooked up with – or the relationship would never have lasted very long – with object of desire to begin with . They call it being tamed.

That’s life, you compromise if you don’t want to jeopardise/lose someone – or something – you really, really like. If you haven't yet got it, then it's natutral I think to think about what you can do to improve the odds of getting what you want. Yeah, sometimes it's futile and all in vain, but if you don't try.....

I was speaking in general terms, not specifically if women want to see a steroid gut on men.

Men shouldn’t care about what some/most women want – like anything in life nobody can be all things to all people - but if you want to impress certain females that you’ve got your eye on, then it’s logical for one to think about what said woman is thinking and the kind of things they like/dislike if it’s going to increase your chance of getting anywhere.

Or if men like females from within a specific scene/community – exercise, rock, knitting – whatever, then you should bear in mind - without stereotyping too much - that it is possible/likely that most women from these groups like a certain type of man - be it in looks, fashion, physique whatever. Rock chicks in many cases go for rock dudes, gym bunnies don’t usually go for fat slobs and so forth.

Lot’s of people have strong traits that they can and will curb if it means they get the object of their desire. I know loads of people who used to be really into their sport, drinking and other stuff, who just knock it on the head once they’re mad keen on someone. If they carries on regardless as before then there’s a good chance they would of never hooked up with – or the relationship would never have lasted very long – with object of desire to begin with . They call it being tamed.

That’s life, you compromise if you don’t want to jeopardise/lose someone – or something – you really, really like. If you haven't yet got it, then it's natutral I think to think about what you can do to improve the odds of getting what you want. Yeah, sometimes it's futile and all in vain, but if you don't try.....

I totally agree that this is a general principle that a lot of people use, and I agree that it happens all the time, and I agree that most people will have difficulty getting a partner if they don't compromise aspects of themselves or change themselves to suit whoever they're trying to impress. However, it's not what I do

I totally agree that this is a general principle that a lot of people use, and I agree that it happens all the time, and I agree that most people will have difficulty getting a partner if they don't compromise aspects of themselves or change themselves to suit whoever they're trying to impress. However, it's not what I do
I could attract more chicks if I wore a white or blue button down shirt, khaki pants and loafers everytime I go out in public, but I won't.

I prefer to wear black T-shirts or black pullover long sleeve shirts, black jeans, and black shit kickers (boots) because I think I look cool and the clothes I wear are more comfortable than a Kinkos uniform. Also, I hate to iron clothes and dry cleaning cost to much money.

I could attract more chicks if I wore a white or blue button down shirt, khaki pants and loafers everytime I go out in public, but I won't.

I prefer to wear black T-shirts or black pullover long sleeve shirts, black jeans, and black shit kickers (boots) because I think I look cool and the clothes I wear are more comfortable than a Kinkos uniform. Also, I hate to iron clothes and dry cleaning cost to much money.

I could attract more women if I wore nothing at all everytime I go out in public, but I won't.

I prefer to not get jumped by 50 chicks trying to cover me in chocolate sauce so they can lick it off my body and then make sweet love to me. I'm more comfortable just wearing something.

Is this after a comp show that he did this presentation?

I know that my stomach looked very bloated after I got done with a comp and ate a whole bag of snicker bars (this is in my omnivore days) and went to Burger King after that!!! I had so much edema in my body from all that toxic food that I felt horrible! and bloated beyond being comfortable.

I just wonder if this is after dieting for a comp and then loading up all the fast food toxins into the body that you can cram into your stomach!

I could attract more women if I wore nothing at all everytime I go out in public, but I won't.

I prefer to not get jumped by 50 chicks trying to cover me in chocolate sauce so they can lick it off my body and then make sweet love to me. I'm more comfortable just wearing something.

xjohanx, I've seen your photo thread, you have a nice physique, but you ain't hot. Your childishly exaggerated ego is getting stale.

Is this after a comp show that he did this presentation?

I think the video is off-season / after a show footage. However the pictures that were posted are from various occasions, among them I think from acctual comps where Ronnie forgot to keep his stomach in.

xjohanx, I've seen your photo thread, you have a nice physique, but you ain't hot. Your childishly exaggerated ego is getting stale.

First of all, that's kind of mean to say to someone. My comment was obviously nothing but a joke and your lack of humour is unneccesary to express. I don't really care if you think I'm hot or not but if I did, how do you think I would feel right now? To feel the need to talk down to other people because you probably feel bad about yourself is just sad and I hope it's just a phase in your life that will fade out. Peace

First of all, that's kind of mean to say to someone. My comment was obviously nothing but a joke and your lack of humour is unneccesary to express. I don't really care if you think I'm hot or not but if I did, how do you think I would feel right now? To feel the need to talk down to other people because you probably feel bad about yourself is just sad and I hope it's just a phase in your life that will fade out. Peace
I do have a sense of humor. Saracasm doesn't come across well in text, so I wasn't sure if you have been joking about how sexy you are. I didn't intend to come across as mean or rude.

Your last sentence is inaccurate.

I do have a sense of humor. Saracasm doesn't come across well in text, so I wasn't sure if you have been joking about how sexy you are. I didn't intend to come across as mean or rude.

Aha, so you acctually thought that I was serious when I said 50 girls would jump me? I'll try to be clearer next time.

Your last sentence is inaccurate.

Fascinating (SARCASM)

Aha, so you acctually thought that I was serious when I said 50 girls would jump me? I'll try to be clearer next time.
You misinterupted my last post. You obviously took offense to what I said, otherwise you would not have replied twice. Who feels bad about themselves? Take a look at the face in your mirror. I don't waste my time with online drama.

See ya!

You misinterupted my last post. You obviously took offense to what I said, otherwise you would not have replied twice. Who feels bad about themselves? Take a look at the face in your mirror. I don't waste my time with online drama.

See ya!

I don't know how you were raised but I was told that it was rude not to respond to people talking to you. Hence my replies.

I just looked at my face in the mirror, I loved what I saw and got a boner.

I see where you coming from and respect your principled position Richard. But I still think your missing the bigger picture in two ways.

It's not always an issue or right or wrong.

For example, I generally prefer to not wear a shirt, but I understand this makes many people at least a bit uncomfortable, so I wear a shirt most of the time for other people. Only taking it off when 'appropriate', i.e. gym, my own home, sports, labour jobs. But I rarely walk around in public without a shirt, or go into business of other people's homes topless.

When I was younger I was too lazy to wear deodorant and likely quite stinky. My girlfriend at the time, and other friends peer pressured my into changing(to the benefit of all.)

Am I denying my true self by being a clean, shirt wearer?

Secondly morality is a social construct, it's something we all make together. So to talk of morality and not tie it into other peoples wants and exceptions is to ignore where it comes from, and fetishize it as an abstraction.

Honestly I doubt we'd every see eye to eye on this. I'm very much a collectivist, while you seem much more or an individualist.

+1 (in a big way)

Though I wonder if its important to define semantics (because it always is). Richard, it sounds as though what you are talking about is the issue of controlling a person's body. Which I think is different from meeting the desires of a partner.

The difference:

Control = a partner telling me that they won't be with me unless I lose 10 pounds (recognizing the existing pressures of women's body images).

Desire = a partner having a thing for nice calves, thus me toning those puppies up.

Richard, when you say you wouldn't change, do you include the concept of changing for a partner's "desire"? (I'm just curious, no judgment).

+1 (in a big way)

Though I wonder if its important to define semantics (because it always is). Richard, it sounds as though what you are talking about is the issue of controlling a person's body. Which I think is different from meeting the desires of a partner.

The difference:

Control = a partner telling me that they won't be with me unless I lose 10 pounds (recognizing the existing pressures of women's body images).

Desire = a partner having a thing for nice calves, thus me toning those puppies up.

Richard, when you say you wouldn't change, do you include the concept of changing for a partner's "desire"? (I'm just curious, no judgment).

It would depend on the specifics really, but I'd listen to what they said and decide if I was comfortable with it. Like if they wanted me to get a tattoo, I wouldn't do it, because I really don't want to. If they like a particular shirt that I've got, I'd maybe make an effort to wear it more, or get others like it, when I buy clothes next time, and so on.