couple observations.

so im comming up one month of working out. ive managed to get my man boobs undercontroll which is a good thing. . my belly is still chillen, but it will go with time. i have a question though. it seems like my right arm is developing much faster than the left arm (im right handed, and assume this is sort of normal) i do mostly free weights, with the exception of when i work my pecks. in order to get both arms aproximately the same size, or have them develop at the same time sould i do more free weights and less machines, or more machines and less free weights?

thanks in advance

anthony

so im comming up one month of working out. ive managed to get my man boobs undercontroll which is a good thing. . my belly is still chillen, but it will go with time. i have a question though. it seems like my right arm is developing much faster than the left arm (im right handed, and assume this is sort of normal) i do mostly free weights, with the exception of when i work my pecks. in order to get both arms aproximately the same size, or have them develop at the same time sould i do more free weights and less machines, or more machines and less free weights?

thanks in advance

anthony

This is totally normal, I am bigger on my right as well. Just make sure that when you are lifitng that you concentrate on even distrobution between your right and left side. and watch your form with the left, it might be a little off.

Hey Anthony,

With machines it might be easy to put a little more stress on one side of your body than the other......such as in shoulder press or chest press, one arm might do more of the work. Like Bobby said, focus on even distribution. You can also use dumbbells and other free weights to really isolate the muscles you are targeting.

My left arm is slightly bigger and maybe a tiny bit stronger but I am right handed. I usually try to do about the same amount of reps on each arm but I usually sqeeze out a few more on the left side. I don't always count reps either. I go for a "range." I think when you count you sell yourself short of what you could potentially be doing. If you want 10 reps and stop at 10 but you could have done more, why not do more? Or add more weight so if your target is 10 you will really start feeling tired around rep #s 7 or 8. Then you have to fight to get to 10.

I've trained myself not to count reps, I just put out a huge effort and intensity is high and I go until I can't go anymore, and then when I hit that point, I visualize something and focus on it; and then I usually get another rep or two or I at least get a really good negative rep out of it. I focus on quotes, sayings, images, inspirational people and stuff like that. I think, "what if ________ were here watching me and encouraging me( I pick someone I look up to).

Anyway, just something to think about.

No worries if one arm or leg or shoulder is stronger than the other, just focus on training all muscle groups the best that you can and see how they respond.

Best of luck to you!

From my research, its not good to go on to heavier weights in exercises that require both arms like the bench press when one is stronger than the other. The reason being is that sooner or later you might get injured. Also, you dont want to have a lagging body part. You can switch to dumbbell press for the chest if one arm is weaker, and work that other arm up until it is almost as strong as the other side. It is totally normal to have one side stronger than the other, but try your best to get them as close as possible.