Hello two questions if I may:)

Hello I am new to this forum and glad that I found this place:)

I have two questions if I may ask.

First can a successful bodybuilder get by with a lesser amount of protein that the typical amounts touted everywhere on bodybuilding forums? Typical amounts vary from at the lowest one gram per pound body weight to two and a half grams per body weight in some cases I have read. I have had kidney scares with diminished kidney function and so didn't really want to up the protein too high. I was hoping maybe one gram per kilogram or something in that region.

Second is it possible to bulk using a manipulation in the calories gained from Olive Oil? I mean by that is it possible to simply eat as you would in a cutting phase but just add a hefty dose of olive oil to get more calories?

I have been using approx. 1.5g per kg for over a year now and find I am growing better than when my intake was higher.

I think you should vary your fat sources to more than just olive oil but I do think you will grow on a higher fat, moderate protein, moderate complex carb diet.

You dont need large amounts of protein. Usually people say that you should take 1.5 or even 2 grams per pound of bodyweight, but your body is not entirely made of muscle.

About olive oil, yes you can. Usually if you are bulking and lets say your fats are around 75 grams and you cals are 2800, if you want to reach 3000 cal you use two tablespoons of olive oil, according to fitday.com this is around 200 cal, and of course you fat intake will be up too. =)

I dont use numbers, I prefer just to eat and see how my body responds.