proportions of fat with other macro nutrients

francesca

today I went shopping in a bio store. I was looking for tempeh( I never tasted it) but I could not find it

I noticed that many products(like toufu(or however you spell it), seitan and some soy product contain lots of fats. The proportion was or almost non existing carbo, therefore 50% proteins and 50 % fat, or in any case, with a very high percentage of fat (i.e.:20 pro, 11 fat(or also 18 (!)gr of fat), 6 carbo)

Eating these products, ssnt' there a risk of assuming too much fat? I eat lots of sesame and linen seeds (I put them everywhere) and I eat quite a lot olive oil. And now that I found them I am going to eat more seeds(like brazialn nuts,pumpkins seeds etc)

So the question is: is there I risk that with these products I eat too many fats?Should I reduce the consumption of olive oil??

p.s.

sorry for my English, which is getting worst and worst

Seeds, nuts are not too high in fats. It is, if you eat too much of it. But animal products (eggs, butter, milk, cheese, meat, fish) all contain lots of fats, bad fats and cholesterol. The fat present in the vegetal kingdom is not the same as animal fats. Animal fat is solid at room/body temperature, so solid in your veins, while fat from plant-based foods are liquid in the body, and there's no cholesterol.

Tofu don't have a lot of fats! It's like lean meat; and nuts are like fish, meat, etc: it's fats and proteins... but many nuts contain more proteins than meat.

But if you're concerned about fats, avoid pure fats like olive oils and other oils, whichall go rancid pretty quickly anyway. Replace by whole foods, for instance you can make "butters" with avocados, olives, sesame seeds, etc...