How Eating Red Meat Can Spur Cancer Progression: New Mechani

Vegan Joe

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081113181428.htm

Now here is a subject I think we can all get our heads around. Yeah for science! Well except for the use of the mice.

Hail T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D, and the China Study.

How Eating Red Meat Can Spur Cancer Progression: New Mechanism Identified.

ScienceDaily (Nov. 14, 2008) — Researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, led by Ajit Varki, M.D., have shown a new mechanism for how human consumption of red meat and milk products could contribute to the increased risk of cancerous tumors.

Their findings, which suggest that inflammation resulting from a molecule introduced through consumption of these foods could promote tumor growth, are published online this week in advance of print publication in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).

Varki, UC San Diego School of Medicine distinguished professor of medicine and cellular and molecular medicine, and co-director of the UCSD Glycobiology Research and Training Center, and colleagues studied a non-human cellular molecule called N-glycolylneuraminic acid (Neu5Gc). Neu5Gc ...

Edited by Vegan Joe

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting in the first place and then thanks for bumping this VJ. I missed this good read somehow.

And Jason, thank you for posting the movie titles. I'm downloading Healing Cancer as I write this and it will be a good break from all my studying today.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...