Toxic vegetables ?

Im Your Man

So here's this guy, a carnivorous eating raw meat (but still he won't eat invertebrates or many animals and organs, saying they're not edible - yeah right!) with whom I exchanged a few mails. He came up with all the usual things meat-eaters say, but then he talked about a theory I never heard before, that all plants, vegetables, etc, are not edible. I said herbivores are doing fine (and if plants are toxic it would pass through in food chain and make toxic meat) and herbivorous dinosaurs ruled on Earth probably longer than man will ever do. I didn't check his links, like fibermenace.com, lol. Anyway, here's what he said, integral text, just read some lines if you want and you'll get the picture.

Yes, most plants are full of toxins that protect them. The animals aren't us so don't mention them. Cows have 4 stomachs, they're equipped to handle those toxins. Birds also have digestive capabilities we don't have, such as gizzards.

Plant eating dinosaurs had gizzards too. I'm sure they were far more well equipped to digest plants than today's animals because plant toxins back then were much stronger. Today's hybridized, weakened plants do contain less toxins so most of the time people don't get sick as soon as they would have back then, another reason man wouldn't have lived off of plants. That's also a reason why everyone sprays their plants with pesticides nowadays and many vegetables are highly prone to pests. People even say some of these vegetables can't live on their own, how's this possible? Because in the past their protective plant toxins were more powerful before humans kept hybridizing them and reducing their toxins. It makes no sense to even consider than humans would have eaten mostly plants, we have no special adaptations in our digestion to have ever handled that amount of plant toxins. Plus leafy greens are bitter and humans naturally avoid bitter plants because that's the taste of plant toxins. Babies naturally don't want to eat vegetables but people force it on them or disguise them with salts and flavors and salad dressings and other junk.

Plants are full of chemicals. Plants don't have teeth, claws and legs to get away from danger. So plants have toxins to protect them. Plants have an array of thousands of chemicals noxious or toxic to bacteria, fungi, insects, and humans. Scientific fact, they contain measurable amounts of toxins and antinutrients. Most plants in the world aren't edible which helps add to the argument that humans wouldn't have relied on plants in the past. They'd be scared of them, they'd taste bad, and they knew they could get all their requirements from hunting. Of course they started cooking certain toxic foods which are edible cooked such as potatoes.

Of course an animal's meat isn't going to have plant toxins. Plants produce them, not animals. Once the plant has been digested through the animal the plant toxins are already taken care of. Meat has none and dairy has none.

Most vegetables to me now taste very bitter, I can't bring myself to eating any. Even celery and lettuce. Though I never really liked them I used to eat them because people said they're good for you. Too bitter and gross. I used to not mind avocados that much but now even they taste incredibly bitter and unpleasant to me. I tried to eat one a couple times last year.

http://www.13.waisays.com/plants.htm

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml

www.fibermenace.com

i was talking about even most commonly consumed vegetables.

they had even more toxins back then before selective breeding and hybridization which helped weaken the plants defenses. so people weren't eating these vegetables at all hundreds of thousands of years ago.

http://www.naturalnews.com/022526.html

It suggests that the bitter taste is to warn us against toxins.

I've read and saw and saw doctors talk about on tv that children's taste buds make things taste 4 times more bitter than ours! No wonder they don't like vegetables. I guess that they weaken over time from people constantly trying to cram toxic foods down their gullets and/or in the past people learned what was toxic then avoided it for the rest of their lives. It's important for a child to learn early on what's safe and unsafe to eat.

Sweet fruits may be safe to eat but I doubt that they're ok as the main source of food for a human. Just not something a human would have naturally done. It's better if you get it straight from the tree since by the time it got to the store it already traveled thousands of miles plus was picked unripe so still has toxins in it.

I don't think vegetables, grass, all plants have so much defense at all. Some have, like carnivore plants! Some plants have built-in pesticides, or are poisonous, or smell bad, taste bad, or are very hot/spicy. Hot peppers, tobacco, all the other plants used for drugs/medecine, antidotes, those are all poisons. But if the bitter taste is from those toxins, well not all vegetables taste bitter ! In fact, I think only cheap lettuce or the skin of carrots taste bitter, or celery, when they're not organic and they're full of pesticides and chemicals, or have been genetically modified with an added built-in pesticide. Organic ones don't have this bitter taste.

He agrees that organic and ripe fruits are perfectly edible. So a fruitarian diet is perfect ?

He said he tried raw veganism and felt completely sick after a few months; then switched completely to a carnivore diet. His diet consists of raw meat, raw butter, raw milk, raw cream, raw eggs... everything to make you sick and puke. Everything except some nice organs like heart, brain, guts, or eating cats, dogs, slugs, snails, of course this is not good for him, only good for the real carnivores I guess And as if butter and cream were natural foods. Of course, he also eats some potatoes, to avoid scurvy I guess. But he says, he eats less than 3g of fibres per week.

Beans, nuts and seeds etc have a lot of anti-nutrients if I remember correctly. A lot of the supporters for the "glycemic index"-method oftens speaks about this as a good thing because it means it takes longer time for the body to digest it and therefore it doesn't raise blood sugar as much. But I don't know if you should trust those persons because they say a lot of weird stuff.

Yeah, I think soy, beans ect may be toxic as found in nature, or should I say they can't be digested well, there's toxins that inhibits digestion, those are mostly gone after soaking and cooking. Nuts, seeds, things like that, meant to reproduce a plant or produce a fruit, may not be totally edible. For instance, certain seeds are good to eat to kill intestinal parasite.

I think fruits are perfect and may be the only thing on Earth really meant to be eaten by humans. But I think most vegetables are great too.

Yeah, I think soy, beans ect may be toxic as found in nature, or should I say they can't be digested well, there's toxins that inhibits digestion, those are mostly gone after soaking and cooking. Nuts, seeds, things like that, meant to reproduce a plant or produce a fruit, may not be totally edible. For instance, certain seeds are good to eat to kill intestinal parasite.

I think fruits are perfect and may be the only thing on Earth really meant to be eaten by humans. But I think most vegetables are great too.

i say tangerines are the best!

haha

had to be a bit light-hearted after reading through the string that gun forum!

Sure a lot of plants contain toxins, some are poisonous to Humans some are not.

Comparing Humans to animals in this regard is also not sound, as something that is toxic to human,

is often not toxic to a different species of animal (One of the many problems with vivisection)

The human body has adapted to eating a variety of foods that are mildly toxic.

Some interesting points which fall under this category.

The human brain has receptors to Opioids and Cannabinoids, both of which are far from essential for human life.

Here is a senario for Mr Raw Carnivore.

Take a piece of Pork, but it in a shoe box, add a bit of moisture and put it in a nice dark place at 37C for 48 hours and

then see how it looks. This is what happens in your intenstines when you eat meat.

If you ate the meat from the shoe box, at best you would be incredibly sick.

So Yeah I think the human body can deal with a few mildly toxic plans, that we have been eating for thousands of years.

Here is a senario for Mr Raw Carnivore.

Take a piece of Pork, but it in a shoe box, add a bit of moisture and put it in a nice dark place at 37C for 48 hours and

then see how it looks. This is what happens in your intenstines when you eat meat.

If you ate the meat from the shoe box, at best you would be incredibly sick.

True. But this freak is so sick that it's beyond your imagination. Here's what he said when I told him how fast meat and fish rot under the sun (so in body too) and how much they stink:
"I've eaten beef I let rot in a jar for over a year... Yeah, it was rotten, really rotten. Didn't get sick."