How to get enough protein

rowan16

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking to a brick wall.

The regular raw foodists on this board aren't prepared to hear anything that might threaten their religious-like beliefs in the rationals or rules for raw foodism.

The Vegans bashing the Raw Food is much like Omni guys bashing Veganism. "Watch out on what he says he's one of those raw foodist" I find that the majority of people that go out of there way to bash raw foodist are people that don't have will power to follow such a diet. I don't bash cook fooders, but i do defend raw food when i see people down talking it. Just becasue you decide to heat other wise unedible foods makes doesn't make one superior

Atleast a couple of people have said brah now.

I had a south african friend who used to say "bruh" (pronounced broo)

Whats wrong with brother, or bro?

By the way, raw or cooked food is bad for you.I am currently on a stationary diet that consists of mainly rulers, pencils & erasers.And I look down on all you common vegans.

Atleast a couple of people have said brah now.

I had a south african friend who used to say "bruh" (pronounced broo)

Whats wrong with brother, or bro?

By the way, raw or cooked food is bad for you.I am currently on a stationary diet that consists of mainly rulers, pencils & erasers.And I look down on all you common vegans.

I thought I was the only one! I've been subsisting on notebook paper and solar calculators since grade 3.

Ticonderoga... Ahhh.

The Vegans bashing the Raw Food is much like Omni guys bashing Veganism.

No it isn't. Vegans who read can go find clinical research that backs up the safety and healthy nature of vegan diets. Raw foodists can't. The rationales for raw food diets written about in raw food books contradict centuries of facts found by science. There have only been a few small and insignificant studies that have even looked at raw foodists. The conclusion is always that they are slightly underweight, low in a few nutrients, but seem to be, barely, doing okay.

You are talking to a brick wall.

The regular raw foodists on this board aren't prepared to hear anything that might threaten their religious-like beliefs in the rationals or rules for raw foodism.

The Vegans bashing the Raw Food is much like Omni guys bashing Veganism. "Watch out on what he says he's one of those raw foodist" I find that the majority of people that go out of there way to bash raw foodist are people that don't have will power to follow such a diet. I don't bash cook fooders, but i do defend raw food when i see people down talking it. Just becasue you decide to heat other wise unedible foods makes doesn't make one superior

I will never bash someone just for being on a raw food diet. I have absolutely no problem with people deciding to eat raw. If that's what someone wants to do, good for him/her. And I will even respect the willpower it takes to carry through with it.

I considered and read about a raw food diet, but in the end decided it was not for me for two major reasons: 1) I was completely unconvinced that it is healthier than a diet containing cooked whole foods and 2) even if I had been, I am not a dietary purist and am fine with eating a less-than-ideal diet. I'm vegan for ethical reasons, not health ones. While I try not be be ridiculous and eat crap all the time, I'll always allow myself to eat some food that tastes really good but offers little health-wise. Just like I allow myself to spend time doing things that I enjoy but aren't at all productive, and don't feel guilty about it. That's just my orientation on life.

Like I said, I have no problem with peole following raw diets. All I have a problem with is people saying unreasonable/illogical things. If I read something that I disagree with, I tend to respond and try to refute it. That's not limited to posts from raw foodists. Unfortunately, there does seem to be a trend that there is a certain raw food orientation that lends itself to the production of posts that I strongly disagree with.

I think that if you look honestly at the so-called "bashing" posts here, you'll see that most people are like me. They are not bashing all people who eat raw, but are responding to specific statements. Many of us also note that some raw food followers have a religious-like attitude to it, having strong faith in certain ideas that are not backed by any evidence. Many of us have a problem with this characteristic. There is an important difference there.

You can't present both sides in an even-handed manner if the facts backing those sides are not equal in validity. That's not bias. That's teaching reality.

You can say the same thing against Veganism from a omni point of view. There's never been one group of people in the recorded history of the world on a vegan diet, ever. The only for sure thing for veganism is your doing a good thing for animals. The data for Veganism is very very small compared to omni health research. Then i hear the arugement like someone said above about lab tests being low on a raw diet. The Same thing has been said agaist veganism(B12, Iron, Calcium). Then you might say well i supplement. Where's the rule agaist supplementing on raw food?

No i worded it right. I said show me a forty something natural woman that put on 20 pounds of lean muscle. I don't care how much fat one puts on or water on top of the 20 pounds of muscle. Imagine how easy a 20 year old man could become a top natural bb if a forty year old woman can add that kind of muscle

You jealous brah?

You'd never say any thing like that

No i worded it right. I said show me a forty something natural woman that put on 20 pounds of lean muscle. I don't care how much fat one puts on or water on top of the 20 pounds of muscle. Imagine how easy a 20 year old man could become a top natural bb if a forty year old woman can add that kind of muscle

You jealous brah?

You'd never say any thing like that

never!