Question about gray hair

Dr. Pink

what causes it? Is it possible to induce gay hair faster? what about a chemical or medical procedure that could slowly eliminate the color pigments in your hair and make your hair gray faster?

Why do I ask? I desperately want gray hair. If I had naturally gray hair it would make dying my hair crazy colors( Like blue, purple, green or Pink ) much, much easier. The way my hair is currently( It's super dark ) I would have to first Pre-Bleach it( And quite possibly a second Pre-Bleach ) before I added in the semi-permanent hair coloring. If my hair was already gray( Or pure white ) I could easily get my hair the color I want without the extra work and extra money.

Well. Possible? Not possible? Or am I nuts for asking?

Well of course I'd get rid of it . The whole reason why I want it is so I can save money on dye and not have to go through the "pre-Bleach" stage.

I'd probably try out different types of hairs. Blue, Green, Jet Black, Red, Orange, Hot Pink. And when I just want normal I'd dye it normal colors. I love colors.

Well of course I'd get rid of it . The whole reason why I want it is so I can save money on dye and not have to go through the "pre-Bleach" stage.

I'd probably try out different types of hairs. Blue, Green, Jet Black, Red, Orange, Hot Pink. And when I just want normal I'd dye it normal colors. I love colors.

When I grew my beard while our son was in Iraq,

I wanted to dye my beard and hair different colors.

Red, white (figuring I'm a white boy), and blue was going to be the theme.

My daughter explained about bleaching the color out first.

I decided against that.

I did color my beard natural tones because the chin part was almost all white, and the sides were brown.

The third time I did it my face was on fire and I had this terrible rash under my beard, for over a week.

Guess I developed a sensitivity, but I knew that was the last time I was going to go thru that.

I thought about my hair, but having about half gray, I couldn't see having to chase the gray hair away forever, so I go natural, the way it looks.

If I had a choice, I would never choose gray, or as I like to tell people silver. It sounds more better. lol

So bleach it. Save your pennies on some other things,

Pink on black roots, might look cool depending on what your wearing.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it's harder to get gray hair to take color (we will not say how I know this). http://www.wench.org/forums/images/smilies/Yahoo_54.gif

Really? Hmm. I would have thought that since the hair was already a really light color semi/demi-permanent( Like MAnic Panic or Raw Vegan ) hair coloring would work easy. Since it's pretty much already lightened.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it's harder to get gray hair to take color (we will not say how I know this). http://www.wench.org/forums/images/smilies/Yahoo_54.gif

Really? Hmm. I would have thought that since the hair was already a really light color semi/demi-permanent( Like MAnic Panic or Raw Vegan ) hair coloring would work easy. Since it's pretty much already lightened.

Well otherwise they wouldn't say in some packages that "covers gray 100%" (or something like that anyway..)

Gray hair is harder to color (unless you have baby fine hair, even then certain colors run right out with the first rinse). Also, gray hair can have a mind of its own. Mine are larger than my regular hair (though I have plucked only 6 of them yet!) and have a definite zig zag (not curly, with perfect circles) to them! I wonder if I can inherit my mom's graying hair. Hers went salt and pepper slowly, and then her front hairline went completely white! Like a halo around her face! Very pretty.

• 13 years later...

I recently had a desire to change my appearance and decided to start doing it with my hair. I am completely ignorant about fashion and hairstyles, so I started looking for help on the internet. Found an article about widows peak, and learned a lot of new information https://lovehairstyles.com/widows-peak-hair/. This site turned out to be very cool, there are a lot of useful and interesting posts for girls. 

• 11 months later...

I think you're wrong. Of course it's all individual and it's hard to say for sure if it suits your girl or not. But if you look at these examples of short haircuts https://glaminati.com/stylish-short-haircuts-for-women/, I can say that girls with short haircuts on the contrary look fresh, stylish and youthful. Personally, I would make a short haircut, you can choose very cool options that will suit any appearance.