Cured Cold Symptoms with WHEAT GRASS

RAINRA

Amazing Grass organic wheat grass powder.

I was starting to get a soar throat yesterday and I hit the wheat grass three times yesterday and it is gone this morning !!!!

whoo whoo!

And I went out and did breaking so (excersize) last night slept six hours only and after that I still did not get sick...

ta da I feel great!!!

do other people here live by greens to fix ailments?

Amazing Grass organic wheat grass powder.

I was starting to get a soar throat yesterday and I hit the wheat grass three times yesterday and it is gone this morning !!!!

do other people here live by greens to fix ailments?

I haven't been sick since I went vegan about 16 months ago. Not even the sniffles, which I point out to the omnis around me all the time. Of course, now I've jinxed myself ...

So anyway, I have no problem believing in the power of greens in general.

The chart comparing nutrients between wheat grass juice and ordinary vegetables has citations. The lazy rejoinder is just to dismiss it because its on wikipedia. A real rejoinder would be to present your own information or critique the information cited in the article.

If you prefer to be a victim of corporate American marketing efforts go right ahead and buy the same nutrients for more money.

it's lazy to use wikipedia as a reference.

wheatgrass does have benefits, and broccoli does have benefits. considering how easy it is to grow your own wheatgrass, i'd argue it's cheaper.

wheatgrass juice, 100g

Calories 21.0 Cal

Carbohydrates 2.0 g

Fat 0.06 g

Water 95 g

Sodium 10.3 mg

Iron 0.61 mg

Folic Acid 29 mcg

Dietary Fiber < 0.1 g

Glucose 0.80 g

Calcium 24.2 mg

Magnesium 24 mg

Selenium < 1 ppm

Potassium 147 mg

Zinc 0.33 mg

Phosphorus 75.2 mg

Vitamin A 427 IU

Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 0.08 mg

Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 0.13 mg

Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 0.11 mg

Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) 6.0 mg

Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 0.2 mg

Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) < 1 mcg

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 3.65 mg

Vitamin E 15.2 IU

Chlorophyll 42.2 mg

Choline 92.4 mg

broccoli 100 g

Calories 34.0 Cal

Carbohydrates 7.0 g

Fat 0.3 g

Sodium 33 mg

Iron 0.7 mg

Folic Acid 63 mcg

Dietary Fiber 2.4 g

Calcium 42.8 mg

Magnesium 19.1 mg

Selenium 2.3mcg

Potassium 288 mg

Zinc 0.4 mg

Phosphorus 60 mg

Vitamin A 567 IU

Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 81.2 mg

Vitamin E .7 IU

Choline 17 mg

What I love (not) about this forum is the fact that a guy with the name DINGBAT can try to debate with a man probably twice his age (with 1000x more posts at this moment) by the name BEFOREWISDOM.

But why are we even debating the benefits of grass vs. broccoli? I had a sore throat on Monday and went to a Baroque concert on Tuesday. Sore throat gone!!!! How many of you have had the same healing powers of Baroque?

Well, truth be told, a good Broadway play always does it for me but my husband is really into Baroque so I had to settle for that. Now I'm worried that I've developed a bit of resistance to Broadway and will have to treat with Baroque until the rhinovirus adapts again!

I don't know how to grow wheat grass nor have I looked into it. How long does it take to grow where are some good ways to grow your own organically and so on. How much do you need?

I heard grasses in general are super alkaline. I am not saying wheat grass is the only power food. Kale, Spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, spirulina, clorellla, aloe and so on... and the list goes on.

I just buy that because it is easier when it is dehydrate to slap it in a drink and chug it on the go.

As for wikipedia... it is a pretty damn reliable source... there are skeptics of any source.

Lazy well it is the main online encyclodia.

Citation are usually always present and when compared to Britanica it had the same amount of faults.

Of course for wheat grass there have not been many studies available to the public so that is why there are skeptics.

For me I think it works. For others maybe not.

I road in a car 4 hours with two sick people with a cold they got from LA. I live in D.C. They came I spent the whole day in a car driving two NYC and back windows closed. I took wheat grass before and after and Never got the cold. Now call it a miracle or call it what you want... I use to always get colds from other people all the time, now I just load up on greens and cut the sugar out.

I think at like the debate between both sources Britanica and Wikipedia is that they are both different. Is it accurate?

Well how can you verify that Britanica is accurate and non biased? We use the sources as much as we can. I think that is the best choice. More sources less bias and less debate. I think Wikipedia is a good foundation to start from and a quick reference.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v438/n7070/full/438900a.html

http://news.cnet.com/Study-Wikipedia-as-accurate-as-Britannica/2100-1038_3-5997332.html (same as above different report)

the debate

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB115756239753455284-A4hdSU1xZOC9Y9PFhJZV16jFlLM_20070911.html?mod=blogs

What I love (not) about this forum is the fact that a guy with the name DINGBAT can try to debate with a man probably twice his age (with 1000x more posts at this moment) by the name BEFOREWISDOM.

I think Dingbat is a female. Regardless age and number of posts are irrelevant to a person's knowledge. I still learn things from people younger then I am and people who post just once or twice. It is about what you know.

it's lazy to use wikipedia as a reference.

Why? The chart I quoted had citations, the fact of which you ignored from my last rejoinder. I don't see any source for your wheat grass nutrition.

and broccoli does have benefits. considering how easy it is to grow your own wheatgrass, i'd argue it's cheaper.

How long does it take you to grow and juice wheat grass juice? I can spend an extra 15 minuets on my commute home today and get a bag of broccoli crowns for just $1.85 lb that will last me all week. That broccoli will contain much more calcium then wheat grass juice. It will also contain phytochemicals that reduce risk for cancer. Both broccoli and those phytochemicals have been written about a lot in impartial scientific literature. I am not so sure about that for wheat grass juice.

You can verify the nutrition in standard broccoli ( not organic, which might be even better ) here, at the USDA nutrition database

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

BeforeWisdom, I think age can be very relevant to knowledge. I know much more about human physiology now than I did in my 20s. A freshman student knows much less on his/her first day of college as compared to graduation day. A new vegan, new lifter, new whatever generally knows less than someone who's been at it awhile. However, you are correct about number of posts being irrelevant. I meant number of quality posts!.

Well, truth be told, a good Broadway play always does it for me but my husband is really into Baroque so I had to settle for that. Now I'm worried that I've developed a bit of resistance to Broadway and will have to treat with Baroque until the rhinovirus adapts again!

If your husband is Baroque, how do you afford the tickets?

DV is expressing her opinion, as she has the privilege of doing so on this forum. You are expressing your opinion as you also have the privilege of doing so on this forum. Now, I will express mine, as I too have the privilege of doing so.

I don't think a person can say that they know who a person is from web board posts. Given that, I'm not saying that *you* are rude, just that your post is. You are likely one hell of a guy for all I know. FWIW, somebody can easily say that your "don't like it, leave" advice fits your distaste of DVs posts too.

DV,.... Jaleel does have a point. The board is what it is. Nobody has an obligation to post posts that we find informative, interesting or friendly.

It is easy these days to set up a blog and to do so for free. If you can set up an email account, you can set up a blog. I recommend either wordpress.com or blogspot.com. Posting to a blog with a crew of regular commentators can be as satisfying as posting to a forum, but without poor signal to noise rations. You have a lot of interesting posts to make about your training, vegan diets, bodybuilding, etc etc. It would do much to promote veganism and to counteract the BS image people have of us. If you do it, let me know, I'll sign up. I'm also looking for something else to read.