Question for Ethical Vegans

_raVen_

I don't think that making the hair into a piece of clothing is unethical. If they just got it from brushing I don't see a problem. If they shaved the animal I'd see more of a problem. And of course, if the animals were being bred for this purpose there would be a problem.

Also, as long as this remains a niche market only appealing to conscientious dog owners. If it's in danger of becoming a wider market in which a non-trivial segment of the general populace is willing to pay for dog fur apparel, it could become an issue. I don't think that's a factor here, though.

Well first off. I do think it a bit strange that fashion has come this far as to wear it is acceptable to formulate your own pets hair into sweaters, pants and whatever( Underwear might get kinda itchy ).

On the subject of weather or not it is Vegan. That's hard to say because the individual might have a certain idea of what a Vegan is. Some people think that any and all products which come from animals makes it not vegan. And then some people say( If the animals gave consent and it was done humane there isn't a problem ). The latter still wouldn't change the fact that the person is wearing fur regardless of how it was acquired.

I'd say in our situation as being vegans. Sometimes it's best just to avoid rather then invent. I don't think I'll be collecting my dogs hair during hair cuts and transforming it into a fur jacket anytime soon.