Living in Ottawa for 4 months

Lena01

Hey Lena, I'm in Ottawa. I don't need a roommate but I could direct you to neighbourhoods and restaurants. My opinion is that the Green Door and the Table are garbage, over priced stuff that I'd make at home. But they are very popular.

Govinda's = amazing (cheap and delish, but it's the same food every day and run by a religion)

Perfection Satisfaction Promise = awesome (a little pricey, but the best quality food in the city, and run by a religion). They also have the best vegan deserts in the city, hands down.

Wild Oat (organic bakery and sandwich/coffee joint) = awesome. good sandwiches and amazing deserts. everything is labeled.

Bread and Sons bakery (organic) = best vegan pumpking muffin in the city and best vegan cookies (imo, but that is highly controversial). Apparently they have vegan pizza at lunch.

Saigon Pho = they have lots of vegan food, all with seitan (only place in the city that i know of). the food is acceptable, but very saucy.

So Good = the most highly praised veg*-friendly "chinese" restaurant. It's not "traditional" but it's all delicious and cheap. And you can just ask about vegan food.

Ceylonta = pricey but awesome Sri Lanken food. you can just ask the server what is vegan and they will tell you.

Eri Cafe = cheap vegan eritrean food. epicly amazing.

Horn of Africa = cheap vegan ethiopean food. not as good as the Eri but more popular due to location.

The Manx = best pub in the city, and has vegan food and booze on the menu. A MUST TRY. It's a upb with quality food (brown rice, smoked tofu, and all that. but also the best fries in the city).

Pancho Villa = it's half-decent tex mex. well-priced and the servers/cooks know what "I'm vegan" means.

Ahora = best mexican joint in town.

Herb and Spice = organic grocery store. over-priced but organic and tons of vegan food.

Rainbow Foods = same idea.

There are a million other places, so feel free to PM me when you know what area you'll be in, for specifics.

Damn those lucky Ottawanadians (?)

hehe you don't miss a chance! i'll be living in europe for 4 months too, but that's another year. we shall hang out then as long as there're mirrors close.

jaleel:

is there anything about Ottawa that i should know, related to your hate or something?? thanks for the good advice anyway! i'll buy skates over there and will find somebody to teach me later

revolushuneyz:

that was a great amount of information! thanks a lot! hopefully we'll get to hang out at times i'll pm you later to see what you advice is in regards to location and the like.

OT: I think Ottawanadians comes from Ottawan + Canadian (am I right??)

Damn those lucky Ottawanadians (?)

hehe you don't miss a chance! i'll be living in europe for 4 months too, but that's another year. we shall hang out then as long as there're mirrors close.

YES!

OT: I think Ottawanadians comes from Ottawan + Canadian (am I right??)

That was my reasoning