Day 25- calcium and iron question

LoganKost

Hey everyone, I'm on day 25 of my all raw diet! This is the third time I've tried it, but I've decided to make it permanent this time. My only concern is calcium and iron. I make around 3 green smoothies a day with 4 bananas, 4-6 cups of baby spinach and 3 cups of assorted berries. Other than that the only vegetables I eat often are with salads, which isn't too often anyways. I eat a fair amount of sunflower seeds and cashews. I eat avocados, bell peppers, onions, carrots, zucchini. I'm just a little nervous about my iron and calcium. Everything else I feel like is in good shape. I'm a small person so eating more than I am would be very hard. Any suggestions would be great for how I can up those nutrients (if I even need to) would be really appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about iron and calcium if your eating enough fruits and baby greens. I would suggest limiting nut and seed consumption to about a handful each day... or one avocado. I follow pretty much the 80/10/10 idea with lots of fruits during the day and a large salad at night with usually a handful of nuts once or twice a week... sometimes none at all. It's been working splendidly for me.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about it and I think my calcium and iron consumption is fine. I recently bought some sesame seeds because they have a ridiculous amount of both calcium and iron. I don't eat too many avocados. I'm mostly eating sweet fruits and occasionally nuts and seeds. I would guess i'm following close to the 811, although I've never done research into that.