If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?

robert

More importantly, if your answer isn't where you currently live, why is that so?

Where would you live if you could live anywhere and if you're not there now, why don't you make it happen?

What changes can you make in your life to make this dream a reality?

I've been traveling a lot lately, seeing a lot of places around the US and I've traveled to about 30 countries in addition to 30-something US states.

Portland is where I wanted to be, and I am there. But I'm starting to look at other places. My roommates know this, my friends know this, and I've talked about it here. I'm not sure if or when I'll move but I'm certainly considering it, at least for part of the year. I love Portland and it has been a dream realized, but I have other dreams to fulfill too.

What about you? Are you happy with where you are, and if not, what can you do to change that?

To answer my own question, I am confident that at some point in my life I will live in Indonesia, Thailand, Southern California, and somewhere in New England for a variety of reasons, but primarily because of the people and culture and personal and business opportunities.

I'm flying to Hawaii with my boss to talk about my future with the company I work for as I'm starting to think about the distant future and living outside of the United States.

Anyway, I'm curious as to where you consider a "Dream Location" to live and why? And...why you're not there now?

Anywhere and Anywhere. Anywhere but here especially. A bit on that later.

I want to be a traveling liver. Living someone for a year or two at a time. Them moving to a new location. I want to try out a few places in the States( New York, L.A. Portland, Redwood City, Pittsburgh ) and a few international( An undecided UK city, Sydney, An undecided city in Canada, Paris, Tokyo ). I want to keep this up for the rest of my life. Eventually one day I want to have my own private luxury house boat. Complete with a kitchen, living room, a few bedrooms and bathrooms and of course an entire gym on deck. Welded to the deck. And a Flatscreen 50-100 inch TV in front of the gym area. For obvious reasons. And maybe while were at it a juice bar and second mini-Kitchen up there( Hey I can dream can't I? ). with that. I'd travel everywhere I needed and always have the comforts of home. As long as there's a marina near where I'm going that is.

As for what's wrong with where I am now. Well. Many.

1. Crappy location( I live in a small town. ). It's the kind of town you drive by on the way to a city. No Mall, No real grocery store( Besides one of those generic every-man ones ), nothing. Hell. I haven't had a friend( My own age ) to hang out with like I used to for at least 3-4 years.

2. I want to be as far away from my immediate family as possible. There just too crazy for me. The fact that they eat meat almost every meal and don't really care about what bothers me( Leaving meat out to defrost in the open makes it hard for me to do my cooking ). And on top of everything. I'm just sick and tired of this constant routine of doing the same thing. Wake up, Go online, Chat, Play video games every now and then. And sleep. There's more to life. And I want to experience.

Somewhere in California, my whole life, even since before I knew states exsisted I have had dreams of California.

Cleveland is cool in its own right but I am not the OHio type of person as others.

I aint there because I aint ever even visited.

In 28 years I have drempt of a place and I never have been farther west then Detroit, why, I dont know.

But damn it one day I shall be there... if its where I really am suposed to be.

Portland Oregon OOOOOH I'm still here, how about that....

I also want to stay in Northern California, and I got offered an internship at the OATC (Organic Athlete training Center) it's an open ticket, so I can go anytime I want to.

A year or two from now, I can see myself visiting these places, like OZ, Thailand, Hawaii, Florida, Mexico, Costa Rica ( I'm happy being anyplace warm with live fruit trees.)

I never had this opportunity before. I worked hard these past few years.

I used to work 2-3 jobs at a time, 8-14 hr days, without a day off for over 2 yrs. It went towards a huge dept.

Now I'm free. All my hard work has paid off.

I believe you can do anything possible.

Never tell yourself you can't do it.

If you do then lt becomes reality.

Edited by Tasha

More importantly, if your answer isn't where you currently live, why is that so?
The people are rude, suspicious, and mistrusting of each other. The US healthcare system, educational system, mass transit system, high incareration rate of non-violent offenders and the cost of the Prison and Military Industrial Complex (PIC).
Where would you live if you could live anywhere and if you're not there now, why don't you make it happen?
A european welfare state. I only speak English, I don't know the process to get THERE permanently, fear of being in a foreign country without friends, and fear of people making fun of my American accent.
What changes can you make in your life to make this dream a reality?
Learn a second langauge, start saving money or pay off debt first???, and don't get convicted of a felony.

Q: If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Why?

A: I do like living in Montana except for the winters and the very expensive food.

The cold weather doesn't bother me.

Just very poor selection of ripe food here during the cold months.

I don't think that I'll ever live outside the USA, but I won't say it will never happen.

Florida, Texas, California, Hawaii, or Portland sound good.

Someplace with a farmer's market year round.

Q: Why don't you make it happen?

A: The only thing keeping me in Montana is my business.

If I could sell it for what I would like to get for it, I would be outta here.

I'm happy being anyplace warm with live fruit trees.

That would be a dream come true, pick what you want to eat.

Tasmania or New Zealand

Natural environments are amazing and I get the feeling that attitudes are a bit more liberal / western-European than those of mainland Australia (but I am likely to be wroong on that last statement). I don't think I'll ever move from Brisbane though. I've lived overseas and in other Australian state capitals and although Brisbane can get a little too warm, the city isn't too bad as cities go and family is relatively close by.

I would love to live in San Diego. Or Seattle.

But really, all I want right now is to not live here. My husband is overseas and we decided to save money by having me live with my parents while I go to grad school and it sucks.

We should be moving to Baltimore when he gets back, which I am very happy about. We went to college there, his family is down there, a lot of my friends are there, I love it (BTW, I am in NY now). At the same time, its hard to think that I may be living there forever...so who knows.

In all honesty, we will probably end up wherever I get a job.

That didn't really answer the question, I guess. We lived in Hawaii for awhile, and it is really beautiful there, although I am tempted not to say anywhere outside of the United States because my family is so important to me, and I would hate to be so far away from them. I don't know, I get far too practical when it comes to questions like this

I've wanted to visit California, and the west coast for as long as I can remember. San Francisco sounds great. I've never been there, but from what I've seen,read, and heard from friends I've deemed it my next home. I've been saving up, and selling all my stuff. Hopefully by summer I'll be heading out there.

As of right now I have no idea what I'll do, or where to live, but it's a plan I intend to follow through with. So, anyone with knowledge of San Francisco please share. Jobs, housing, transportation, etc.

At this point I'm content where I live, and it's getting more and more vegan friendly. But some places I wouldn't mind staying at, or visiting for an extended period of time would be: San Francisco, Portland, Los Angeles, New York, San Juan Puerto Rico, Las Vegas, Scotland, Ireland, London, England, and many other places. So I guess this means I'd better start saving money!

Not on this planet if there was somewhere else where people were not so selfish and destructive.

Other than that...

Some tropics, or island, where the weather was warm the hurricanes were to a minimum and I did not have to worry about flooding. I love warm weather, and the ocean or sea. I am not a big fan of the cold anymore and I like organic naturally growing fruit and veggies. Or where I could work for my food and earn extra cash on the side to travel around. I would not want to be in an office but work outside where I could get fit and enjoy some great weather.

Australia, Jamaica, Hawaii or something like that!

Working on it... I think sometimes it is too hard because my family expects me to be financially successful in the corporate world. I want to keep their respect... but I think change for them is hard for them to handle.