Howdy from Gold Coast Australia!

fenrir

Hi Everyone, I only just signed up to veganfitness a few weeks ago and Mr.Cheeke suggested I jump on veganbodybuilding.com as well so here i am! Umm bit about myself, no dead animals in my diet for over 10 years and strictly vegan for a little over 2 years now. Never looked back either

Currently 30 years old and sitting at around 203lbs bodyweight with a height of 6"1. Really trying to hit strength more than anything at the moment, though obviously muscle size always comes with that anyways. I was really impressed with the strength lifts listed on the veganfitness 2008 strength table, so my goals will be to push my current 150kg bench to 170kg in 2009, and squat and deads up around 180kg will make me a very happy man. I've got so much more respect and admiration for vegans who achieve fantastic gains in both strength and muscle because as a collective group we are stereotyped as skinny/pale/unhealthy and considered the underdog by our omni rivals

Look forward to reading through the wealth of info on these forums!

Nice chatting with you on facebook the other day. I appreciate you and like I said, you've got some great muscle! Especially chest and arms from the photos I've seen.

Thanks for the intro and have fun! We have a cool community and there maybe even members from your direct regional area. All the best and welcome aboard!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, and was great chatting to you the other night as well Rob. Oh and Spug fancy seeing you here mate haha

Yes I definitely love the VF forums and strength challenge but no reason why we can't reap the benefits of both sites as there is plenty of knowledge and resources on both....i definitely have goals to try and cut up more as well and judging by Rob's fat content he looks like the man to ask

Sydneyvegan i think i have heard your name before a while back...do you know Raheem by chance from myspace?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hey fenrir how r ya? i'm from brisbane, well about 1 hour from brizzy. Good to know some vegans in oz that love bodybuilding also. And i totally get what you mean by the whole stereotype for us hence why i love bodybuilding my self, i'v also been a vegan for about 1 & half years now but have been dead animal free for 7-8 years and am very happy to say so

If ya wanna chat i have facebook to

cya later,

Vegan_lady

Huh, who knew there were this many vegan fitness freaks in Queensland? The eight years I lived there I thought I was the only began who'd ever been in a gym. All the others I knew were too busy making tofu 'cheese' cake and getting wasted while listening to Against Me.

Welcome aboard!

• 3 weeks later...