Hello form Houston Tx

BallZach

Hi Everyone. I found this site and I have been reading it quite religiously ever since. I became a vegan about 3 months ago. It has been a fantastic way to live, I have never felt healthier.

Now about the training. I am just getting back into lifting again. I am 27, when I was in my late teens and early 20's lifting was a staple of my daily routine. With age a complication known as a career can arise and because of that I slowly drifted out of working out.

I have always been a naturally large person. I am 6'2" and 250lbs. My goals I have set fourth are to increase my arms circumference from 16.25" to 17.25". I would also like to increase my strength from a max bench of 220lbs to 250lbs. Now if I can drop 25lbs while making this happen by the end of 2009 I will be a happy camper. I have always considered my upper body somewhat weak for my size. I also have so mental bugs to work out. If I have no idea how heavy an object is I can most often lift it. But if someone tells my that I just lifted a 350lb pump into the back of my truck I have a hard time doing it twice. It is almost like my mind puts a predetermined limit on what I can and can't lift.

Since I changed my diet, I have tons of energy! I feel like a teenager again. With all this new found energy I have also decided to take up BMX racing again.

As far as what I do for fun.... Golf, Cars, Girls, Bowling, all the usual dude stuff.

That is my introduction, I look forward to meeting lots of you.

Edited by BallZach

Welcome dude! Glad to hear that someone in TX has made the change to veganism. I think your goals are smart ones and very achievable. Don't concern yourself directly with weight loss and focus on consistency with your lifting routine. The fat will melt off in no time flat with the combo of a vegan diet and strength training.

Don't forget to head over to the Online Training and Blog forum and get into the habit of posting your gym activity. It's a great way to chart your progress and to remain consistent in your gym visits or workout regimen.

Anyway, glad to have you here and if you've got any questions or want some advise, PM me. I'll be sure to drop in on your thread.

Awesome, welcome to the site - I like your screen name also, hah

Let me take a guess

A video game name ? You are such a nerd Richard lol just kidding

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you like it here. There is some ppl on here from Texas. You should brows through meet ups and other US cities posts.

See you around

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, indeed very reasonable goals and very attainable.

I am the same way in some aspects, you have to find what works to get through that.

For instance, whenever I lift at or near max weight load with my barbell bench press, I need someone to be behind me and usually i ask them to gently hold the bar without helping at all just so that mentally I can push otherwise I panic about not being able to lift the bar off my chest if it falls. It helps sooooooooo much, you have no idea.

Recently I developed the same fear with Barbell squats but now I go to a power rack and set the bolts on the side of it to the exact point in which I wish to descend to and so I know that if i'm failing all I have to do is rest the bar down and so it has also helped immensely and in only one session, gotten me back all the confidence I need to once again lift heavy.

Anyhow, enjoy the forum

Welcome to the board! I've already seen your posts but hey, it's still nice to officially welcome new members.

I agree with the others, your goals shouldn't be hard to achieve. Just stick to them and you'll be fine. You said my progress is inspirational, I thank for that and I wish all the best with your own progress, not least because I get most of my motivation from other people here!

Also, it's great to have more large guys here. Just to show that not all of us are small and skinny.

Anyway, have fun at the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi great intro ! It's good that you've seen your energy level raised drastically since on a vegan diet ! I think it's like that for most of us. Welght lifting seems to be an important part of you, so keep it part of your life. I bet it won't be hard for you to bench from 220 to get to 250 lbs. Welcome on the forum !

• 9 months later...