PARIS

I'm gonna spend a few days in Paris over New Years eve with my loved one and I need lot's of tips where to go. None of us have been there since we went vegan (or even vegetarian). We checked happycow (of course) but does anybody have any other good info, please share! I'm mainly looking for restaurants and cafés but any advice and tips is greatly appreciated.

Peace!

france?! please not..

Dude it's romantic and I haven't been there since I was like 11, I'm siked about it. You guys are just jealous because France has a good rep while everyone just thinks about beer and beer sausages when they hear Germany

• 1 month later...

Expensive it is, but not more than London or other western European capitals I think. We went to La Victoire Suprême Du Coeur one night and that was really nice. Everything was vegan except one smoothie/drink that had honey in it. http://www.vscoeur.com I highly reccomend anyone who's in Paris to go there. We also went to a small macrobiotic place that seemed nice, but the food was kind of dissapointing and the price was way too high for such foods. We ate at some different other restaurants that had both vegan and meat meals and it was really nice.

Everyone said it would be hard being a vegan in Paris but that's bullshit unless you have to eat soymeat for every meal. Basically every convenice store (no matter the size) has a vegan/health shelf somewhere. Organic foods are really popular and there were lot's of small organic shops around the whole city. It seems like all people do is complain of how hard it is to be vegan where they live but most of the time it's bullshit. I really enjoyed Paris.

I was impressed at the low cost of the main attractions, Notre Dame was actually free to get in!

It was just the food & drink prices in restaurants & cafes that I was surprised by.

I must admit, I found very little options for vegans, maybe I wasnt looking hard enough.Thing is, I have never been on a holiday before as a vegan, so I was not that prepared.In future I will rely far more on fruit when abroad, as you can find this anywhere in the world (with few exceptions of course)

Did you go on a river tour in the evening? - that is amazing.The lights were so cool.If you didnt, you must do it next time.But take a blanket, cos its freezing!