Any reviews of this protein powder...

_raVen_

• 4 weeks later...

Will let you know. It's much less than Vega and when I was doing the protein powder, I was losing more. Now I stopped because it is chalky and too much soy is nasty. The rice one was gross tasting. And the hemp one is tasty, but I use like wheat germ and add it to stuff, like peanut balls with little dark chocolate chips. Yum! Anyway, I've been looking for something like this!

Seems like every company is hopping on the pea protein wagon. I also noticed that it has guar gum in its ingredients. That could make it very viscous - which is good for smoothies. It is not so great to just take with water.

I bought some. It's one of the best tasting non-whey, non-soy proteins I've ever tried - it has that "earthy" flavor and grainy texture, but WAY less than hemp protein. I've tried it mixed just with water - it's not great that way, but not totally ing. The sweetness has that "artificial sweetness" flavor to it. It's pretty good mixed with fruit. And I also mix it into oatmeal (after pre-mixing with a bit of water first).

As long as I can afford it, I'll definitely buy it again.

Greg

It sounds good...the difference with vega is all the superfoods included in vega...hence the huge price tag on that stuff. But if we add our own chorella, maca, hemp protein to this produce maybe it still would be cheaper in the long run and about the same nutrition as vega. I want to look into that!

I don't know if the price will be better. Adding the green foods and the maca, etc., could well bring it up to the same price or more than Vega. I'm going to alternate both and use up the rest of my green powder. I really like the Chocolate Vega. Like a treat.

Thanks, dropsoul. I'd like to know what you think when you try it. Also, when you say you are going to alternate it, do you mean you are going to use this and Vega at the same time? How will you know which is better?

Gregg, thanks. Any noticeable difference? Like, have you become leaner, more strong, less hungry, or a muscle he-man ?

And how sweet is it? I think that turns me off. You said it's good, but then that it's gritty