Larabar Nearly Broke My Tooth

threeloaves

Earlier, I was driving home from the store, and indulging on a delicious pistachio larabar. Nearing the end, I peeled back the wrapper to take the final bite. I chomped down. A sharp pain shot through my body stopping me dead in my tracks. It felt as though my molar had been shattered into bits.

I carefully rooted around inside my mouth - thinking - surely, a chunk of steel had found its way into my larabar.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Gr8XKxnxZmM/SUQTSyE8oZI/AAAAAAAAAX0/zXtdFtBFTAY/larabits.jpg

It's tough to make out exactly what it is. It looks like a bone fragment. It's very hard which leads me to believe it's not a shell. Maybe Im underestimating

I want to write the company, but I'm unsure of the approach. Although compensation would be nice, I'm more concerned with identifying what this is.

Ugh. That happened to me a couple of times with Luna bars back in the day. It's scary when that happens. I never told the company though.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me with larabars. But, with previous experiences I was able to distinguish that the unpleasant object was either a shell, or pit.

I hope something comes of this. I would assume it is a pit or a shell. You should include a picture of the object as well as the wrapper showing the lot number. That way they can pinpoint the location and time frame of the object in the production line.

It doesn't look like a pit, and its far too hard to be a shell.

SOmehwere on the wrapper it says "may contain traces or pit or shell" I believe. [\quote]

Yeah, it does say pits or shells. I'd be really surprised if it was one of those though.

I kinda got out of eating the bars as my cals are lowering once again. Id def email them.

I think my caloric intake is still too low - so larabars help me out there. I never used to eat bars - they make me feel very guilty.

I emailed them, but i don't expect them to take it serious.

SOmehwere on the wrapper it says "may contain traces or pit or shell" I believe. [\quote]

Yeah, it does say pits or shells. I'd be really surprised if it was one of those though.

I kinda got out of eating the bars as my cals are lowering once again. Id def email them.

I think my caloric intake is still too low - so larabars help me out there. I never used to eat bars - they make me feel very guilty.

I emailed them, but i don't expect them to take it serious.

Dont feel guilty! Im sure you would eat the same ingredients in the summer(cherry pie- cherries, almonds, dates) separately and not feel guilty. Im also sure youd eat more than whats in one bar. Quit looking at calories and just look at ingredients!!