Hey There - A Recent "Convert"

VictorVegan

Just saying howdy. I'm an omnivore who's recently decided to give the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle a fair chance. I lift weights three or four days per week, with strength and hypertrophy as the primary goals (yeah, I know, how original... 'I lift weights to get big and strong' ... who've thought?)

I've never been much into eating red meat (I finally listened to my body and I don't digest it well), but chicken and pork were fairly common staples in my diet. For the last couple of weeks, I've been lacto-ovo vegetarian with no real problems. I'm considering a transition to full vegan in another few weeks.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to our group!

I love your screen name and I love the quote that you have on your signature as well!

Awesome stuff! Thanks for being part of the group. Check out the nutrition section and bodybuilding section to see what some of us are eating. Some eat better than others, some eat more than others, some have more serious goals and have made more serious progress, etc. just like any community of individuals.

All the best and welcome aboard!

Hope I didn't scare you in the "define vegan/vegetarian"-thread. Welcome to this lovely community of ours and I hope that you'll find the vegetarian or vegan way of life as good as it has made me feel.

Feel the magic of the greens flowing in you, warming up your belly and giving you the strength of a thousand omnis!

Welcome! I'm glad to have you with us.

• 3 weeks later...

Yo! I just noticed I've been really lazy welcoming new people and even though you've already been here for 4 weeks, I don't think anyone will mind if I welcome you.

There are loads of things that might come in mind and you'll save a lot of time and effort by just asking us about vegan nutrition & stuff. Also, please keep us up to date about the state of your "conversion" and good luck with it!