BB, strength, health and fitness goals for 2009

xjohanx

• 3 weeks later...
My goal is to do 50 dips (PR is 35 but I think I am a lot weaker) and 30 pull-ups
I don't have any fitness goals, but you've inspired me to try this one. I'll race you! (though 30 pull-ups is a helluvalot more than what i'm doing now!)
Cool, it's on. What's your current PR?

Not to completely hijack this thread, but I managed 50 dips yesterday so I can cross that goal off the list (and claim victory in that part of the race, I assume ). As for the pull-ups, i haven't attempted more than 15 yet so may try that tonight.

dude that's amazing! I've got the flu or something so I haven't even started yet.

It would be awesome if you could do a video of you doing 50 dips (or more if you can). I'm sure many would like to see your technique and just be inspired, I know I want to! Again, congrats!

dude that's amazing! I've got the flu or something so I haven't even started yet.

It would be awesome if you could do a video of you doing 50 dips (or more if you can). I'm sure many would like to see your technique and just be inspired, I know I want to! Again, congrats!

Alright, did a video tonight. watching it after, i notice that i didn't get down to 90 degrees as i fatigued, but my shoulders are tight and dips can be hard on the anterior deltoids so i didn't push it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtdwd3hYqxc

There are some very nice goals here!

My main goal is to maintain 12-13% body fat by the end of the summer - without dipping below 150 lbs. Which means I have about 8 months to lose 7 lbs of fat and gain 7 lbs of muscle. A bigger muscle gain would be even better, of course.

I would also like to someday bench press my body weight. Since I can only do 110 lbs for a few reps, I don't know if 150 lbs is going to happen this year. We'll see.

Overall Size Goals

*Break 180 pounds at a respectable bodyfat level

*Add at least 1 inch to arms

*Add at least 1 inch to my often neglected calves

*Continue lower chest development

Training Goals

*Continue doing deadlifts (which I just added back like a month ago)

*Hit the gym every training session (no excuses, even though life is super hectic now)

*Get 8-9 hours of sleep every night

Strength goals

*Increase my bench press

*Leg Press over 1000 pounds (best last year was 910, though I've fallen below that now )

Yep.... Baby.

ETA: I also have financial goals, academic and work related goals, and relationship/lifestyle goals which I won't go into here but I have written down and taped on my wall.