How many grams of protein intake recommended

LrnWithFn

Ryan, your posts are always so thorough and well thought out.

+1 Whenever I spot a lenghty post by Ryan, I usually go to the kitchen, make me some tea, take something to nibble on, make myself comfortable in the chair and enjoy reading

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan, your posts are always so thorough and well thought out.

+1 Whenever I spot a lenghty post by Ryan, I usually go to the kitchen, make me some tea, take something to nibble on, make myself comfortable in the chair and enjoy reading

It seems to be that, as I get older, I get more and more long-winded

I don't want to even think about how long my posts will be 20 years from now. Hopefully I'll be able to clone myself so that I can actually have the time to live my life AND spend 12 hours posting a reply to topics like this one

All thoughts are beliefs. Some of you folks need some serious grounding in Philosophy 101!

Not in any significant sense. All thoughts are "beliefs" in the sense that we can't know anything for sure, but this is not only a truism, it's completely useless. A distinction is being made between 1) positions weighted with some amount of evidence and 2) positions that lack such evidence. For you to equate all thoughts under "beliefs" is a semantic switcheroo and ignoring the implicit distinction that we (yourself included) all recognize in this argument.

And I took Philosophy 101.

To be fair though, can someone step in and vouch for roughly appropriate (not perfect) nutrient ratios in terms of carbs, proteins, etc?

I've heard elsewhere that high protein loads can, under some circumstances, cause kidney and bone problems.

To be fair though, can someone step in and vouch for roughly appropriate (not perfect) nutrient ratios in terms of carbs, proteins, etc?

To be fair, they simply do not exist. Genetics, type of exercise done, goals, etc. all come in to play when determining what is optimal for you. Some people tolerate (and even need) large amounts of carbs, some feel and perform way better on low(er) carbs, etc. I'm affraid there's no other way of finding the best approach without experimentation.

I've heard elsewhere that high protein loads can, under some circumstances, cause kidney and bone problems.

This scaremongering is based mainly on studies with people who already had kidney problems, yet there is no evidence that indicate high(er) intakes of protein cause any problems in healthy athletes.

This scaremongering is based mainly on studies with people who already had kidney problems, yet there is no evidence that indicate high(er) intakes of protein cause any problems in healthy athletes.
Like people with diabetes.

Like people with diabetes.

What do you mean?