any BMXers here?

BallZach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw this thread, doh! I used to race BMX (NBL) when I was 10-14 years old. I was even number 10 in NY State when I was 13. Man, those were the days! I wonder how my parents felt/feel about it - having to drive me all over the state every summer to race in all the races (I have good parents!)

Now I mountain bike. And I drive myself to the trails.

Greg

• 1 month later...

Just saw this thread too...

I used to race BMX back in the 80s as well, all over Ontario and sometimes NY state (Don't remember the tracks, but I was in the EBA and one race was the Can-Am indoor something... don't remember and the trophies are long gone sadly.

I switched to mountain biking for years, then observed trials for 5 years, which was fun, but wrecked my back. I currently have a BMX, just a cheap DK with sort of a street set-up but I can't ride it too much because of my back. I stick to doing lower impact stuff like manuals and small jumps.

Taj Mihelich is a vegan, not sure about any other pro-bmxers off hand.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just saw this thread, doh! I used to race BMX (NBL) when I was 10-14 years old. I was even number 10 in NY State when I was 13. Man, those were the days! I wonder how my parents felt/feel about it - having to drive me all over the state every summer to race in all the races (I have good parents!)

• 1 month later...