Portland weather made worldwide news :)

robert

Dude, I've seen tons of people skiiing, some with snow shoes and I even heard of someone who had 4 dogs on a full-on dog sled, and I've seen other sledding but I haven't yet.

I've mostly been doing things like this:

And a bit of this:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/10/l_4d3afb60203c4804aca880a7b225779d.jpg

This weather stranded a LOT of holiday travelers. I was scheduled to come back home on Monday but didn't make it in until 2 am on Friday. At least I was with family, most of whom are vegan. But my poor hubby was all alone for the holiday.

Geeze DV, that's rough. Glad you made it back safe though. My bro was stuck in AZ for two days on his way from StLouis to Pdx. My sis was stuck up in seatac too for a day but I can't imagine coming in 5 days late.

Rob - Maybe one of those people you saw skiing was me! I got some skis on Tuesday and went from tabor to downtown and then back next day. It was a blast.

-a

It was a bit rough for sure, Aaron. We plan our family get-togethers so that we separate just before getting on each others nerves - not this time! I think we'll all stay in our own states next Christmas unless time does its magic on our memories.

Glad your family made it back as well.

I'm not an expert, but I read that climate scientists would have preferred that the alternative term "Global Climate Change" had become popularized instead of "Global Warming". According to them the globe as a whole is seeing its temperature go up. This disruption will make some parts of the planet warmer while others get colder ( like some parts of the U.K. due to disruption of ocean currents ).