Jump to content

protein?


Recommended Posts

It's in every whole food there is, so i don't ever feel the need to supplement my diet with extra, kinda like i don't need a isolated Carb or Fat(Oil) supplement. Whole foods have a whole complex that i want and need. If i go buy a car i don't want parts, i want the whole car or none of it will work. There's was a time when i was the king of supplments, so i can see why people get into that whole thing. I used to take everything under the sun and then some. I'd say if you really want to supplement go with HEMP, RICE, PEA protein. I would never put Soy Isolate in my body(but that's just me). ANother thing is variety is key with nutrition and really important that you don't over do some of the common allergens (soy, Wheat) being the two most common for people. Luckly you don't have to worry about dairy alergies being vegan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

perhaps you could educate me?

Almost all enzymes are proteins, but not vice-versa. Enzymes are just a small subset of proteins. Also, the protein content in fresh plant foods is quite low, and thus probably not sufficient for the poster's needs, since he's clearly talking about supplements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard that Soy greatly increases oestragen levels and it's always seemed a bit funny to me so I at the moment am sticking to nuts and nut butter. I intend to try out some of that Sunwarrior soon it looks awesome.

 

Most plant foods contain some estrogen. Most animal foods contain SHITLOADS of much stronger estrogen. Our bodies make their own estrogen that is much stronger than some weak-ass plant estrogen, so no need to worry about that unless you're awfully obese.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use a variety. I use isolates at times - like when I'm in a hurry and haven't planned my meals out thoroughly. I'm not convinced that protein isolates are healthy so I try to get no more than 20 gms from them on days that I use them. I use a combination of soy, pea and rice isolates.

 

Tofu does not upset me and I probably rely on it too much at times. I can eat wheat gluten with no problem so I'm a big fan of home-made seitan. Certain whole grains and huge amounts of leafy greens can also add a fairly decent amount of protein.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i drank silk chocolate soymilk for several weeks and it made me quite ill. maybe im allergic to it. i read some scary stuff on soybeans. the carton says organic, but the organic seal isnt there, so no more silk for me.

If the word "organic" is displayed in the US on the product in any principle area, it must be at least 95% organic. The remaining 5% almost always consists of products not yet commercially available in organic form. If the product displays "100% organic," it must be 100% organic.

 

The USDA Organic seal is available for use on "organic" or "100% organic" products at the producer's discretion. The seal is identical either way, so it alone doesn't indicate whether a product is 100% or 95% organic. The seal is also not mandatory, so its absence doesn't indicate anything.

 

Silk produces both organic and non-organic soy milks, but if it says "organic" in the principle panel, it's 95+% organic, regardless of whether the seal is there. Silk is also still undergoing a packaging change in some areas, so there could be variation in the display.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most plant foods contain some estrogen. Most animal foods contain SHITLOADS of much stronger estrogen. Our bodies make their own estrogen that is much stronger than some weak-ass plant estrogen, so no need to worry about that unless you're awfully obese.

 

and SHITLOADS of actual feces too! Even if it's cooked (cooked poo anyone, anyone?), there's loads of it (piss and vomit too). Howard Lyman mentioned it in his last book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard that Soy greatly increases oestragen levels and it's always seemed a bit funny to me so I at the moment am sticking to nuts and nut butter. I intend to try out some of that Sunwarrior soon it looks awesome.

 

Most plant foods contain some estrogen. Most animal foods contain SHITLOADS of much stronger estrogen. Our bodies make their own estrogen that is much stronger than some weak-ass plant estrogen, so no need to worry about that unless you're awfully obese.

Mind telling me then why so many women have problems when they eat large amounts of soy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...