smokers

isrealsson

This thread itself gives me cravings for smoking one. But who would develope not-tested, good-tasting, enviromental-friendly cigarette for me? And no, I'm not really really craving one, but cigarettes smokejust looks so cool and I have a thing with winter + cigarette-situations. It's not only a way to relax, it clears my mind completely.

Who am I kidding?

Smoking is bad for you, Hanna! *slaps herself* You don't need any.

Sweetie don't touch this shit ! It's not even cool anymore, at least here in Quebec since a few years smokers are seen as human pollutants who stink.

Most people were tempted to try it because it was cool, or because it was advised to avoid it, as for studies clearly showed it's bad for health and will destroy your lungs and make you completely addicted and dependant, so doctors were saying : don't touch this ! Ironically many people start because it's "forbidden", people like what's illegal or bad for health: cigarettes and other drugs, alcohol, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad to see so many people quitting. It's a nasty habit! I've recently quit(for good this time!) a few months ago. The benefits are amazing. I do have a couple concerns though if anyone could address them. When I exhale really deep I wheeze ..only if I really try to but I know its "there". Will that go away and is there any certain foods/exericse/cardio I should do? I find when I run alot it starts to act up a bit with a sort of "burning". Also my nasal's are pretty clogged up and can get very dry sometimes..I've always had bad nasals but is there something else I can do(not surgery) that would help me out?

P.S. I smoked off and on(mainly on) for about 5+- years and im 24 now.

I would have it checked out by a homeopathic doc first. Although Accupuncture helped me with my female issues, after spending tons at the regular doc.

I know that folate (folic acid) heals lung tissue and it helps with sinus problems too. It totally repaired my mother's lungs from adult onset asthma. You might have asthma. Really have it checked out. No one here has an MD or is qualified to really say.

More and more green food, like Vitamineral Green or lots (9 servings a day) of dark leafy greens. Fortified orange juice, broccoli, kale.

Ok, thanks a bunch. By homeopathic you mean...a regular doctor? Sorry I've heard the term before but am drawing a blank right now

Folic acid is in some of the foods you mentioned? I ask because I'm weary to use most supplements because they have a bad rep.

I want to be sure about the doc. because I've been to some before and they didn't seem to know what they were talking about when it came to certain issues(not smoking/asthma though). They were just being pretty vague and not very helpful. Thanks again!

Folic acid is an essential nutrient:

* Dark green, leafy vegetables

* Whole wheat bread

* Lightly cooked beans and peas

* Nuts and seeds

* Sprouts

* Oranges and grapefruits

* Fortified breakfast cereals and enriched grain products

You can get a vitamin, which is what my mom used to heal her asthma. Cheap, about 5 bucks.

I would get a diagnosis of what you have by a regular Allopathic doctor. But Homeopathic doctors are not Allopathic, allopaths treat the symptom, not the entire being.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

But, like I said, I'm neither one and am not qualified to diagnose. However, considering your age, you're probably like many young people and don't get adequate nutrition. Being vegan isn't enough, you must eat lots of veggies!

lol, found this on the web : http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7658603.stm

I didn't even know electronic cigarettes existed. With batteries, a fake red light at the tip of the cigarette and some vapour to mimick the smoke...

ears are being raised about the boom in sales in the UK of so-called electronic cigarettes.

The cigarettes use replaceable cartridges with shots of nicotine, but have become popular because they are not covered by the smoking ban.

While the products do not contain tar, tobacco or carbon monoxide, experts are worried as users inhale a fine heated mist and there is a lack of regulation.

But retailers said they were healthier than normal cigarettes.

Since the smoking bans came into force, smokers have been forced to go outside to light up.

Companies selling the electronic cigarettes have responded by ...

• 2 weeks later...

First of all i want to mention that while american spirits do not test on animals they were bought by major tobacco corp Philip Morris USA. So while the subbrand does not actively test it is still filling the coifers of major players in animal abuse. Bottom line is if you buy them you are funding abuse. But alternatively the same can be said about buying any craft products since they are owned by big tobacco. I abstain from both.

Now down to the nitty gritty rollie tobacco is a decent alternative, often times they are independent and do not test on animals. top, bali shag are two i know are independents and since bali is a uk product the government mandates that no animal testing is allowed on this type of product.

A better alternative to roll tobacco is purchasing a hooka, the amount of carcinogenic materials inhaled are lessened and there are a few brands that are vegan, whom use molasses instead of honey as a filler.

Pharmacologically the nicotine molocule attaches to your dendrites in your brain and are active up to 14 days after quitting making this one of the few drugs in the world that is physically addicting, the other being heroin. Stoping smoking can indeed mess with your ability to recall information since it is a dopamanergic agent, and dopamine is responsible for memory retention and recall. The other thing is that nicotine effects all neuro transmitters. Without nicotine the dendrites are slugish to response to synaptic requests for information or for briging informational divides. But these effects are limited.

When i quit i use the extra manic energy to start a workout program and i usually end up loosing weight . I generally smoke for up to two months out of the year. when i go visit my family and quit when i come home. I think smoking rollie tobacco helps this because its so foul and time consuming that i prefer not to smoke in general.

any who any addiction is a life long process good luck all, i find having the knowledge and tools to make that decision always works best for me. Also being an animal rights activist i cannot smoke what i deem to be a wrong done to the animals for something that is not a requirement of my survival. This helped me quit smoking normal cigarettes and just occasionally indulge in the hooka every once in a while.

After smoking been prohibited from most public places like bars, restaurants, bus stops, basically everywhere, now many owners don't accept tenants who smoke, and when companies are hiring, some of them ask to the candidates if they are smokers, they don't hire smokers because they cost them much more in health insurance and are absent from work more often because of sickness...

I wish meat-eaters would be treated the same way as smokers, and the abolition of meat wouldn't be so far away

It's strange that drinking alcohol is not seen as such a bad thing as smoking. Drinking everyday is encouraged (for the supposed cardio-vascular benefits), and when people are drunk every night or every week-end it is seen as normal... 1-2 cups per day of red wine is good for the heart ? 1-2 cups of alcohol per day increase risks of breast cancer to 32% and 3 cups per day or more is 50% increase. Good for the heart and bad for the breasts = bad for health ! I wish science would stop telling lies by saying only part of truth and start talking about the real holistic truth.

• 5 years later...

When i quit i use the extra manic energy to start a workout program and i usually end up loosing weight . I generally smoke for up to two months out of the year. when i go visit my family and quit when i come home. I think smoking rollie tobacco helps this because its so foul and time consuming that i prefer not to smoke in general.

any who any addiction is a life long process good luck all, i find having the knowledge and tools to make that decision always works best for me. Also being an animal rights activist i cannot smoke what i deem to be a wrong done to the animals for something that is not a requirement of my survival. This helped me quit smoking normal e cigarette and just occasionally indulge in the hooka every once in a while.

Hello phillipeb, this is very bad, you should stop it right now. I also used but now I am absolutely exempt from it. I lately dropping a near buddy to the united suggests, and it saddens me that there are well borrowed "men of science" struggling with a personal spiritual war on a program that provides an approximated instantaneous 99% damage minimize for those most at risk.