The BIG Three - Four Months Away ( Lean & Green, Octo, Rob)

robert

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw some plates on it! Just squatted 560, throw some plates on it; I just cancelled my membership at a luxury gymnasium to work out in dungeon molded concrete hardcore type atmospheres to..... throw some plates on it

They're going to have to cage us just to contain us come comp time

BUDDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

To clear things up and be more concise:

02/01/09

Squats:

Full Squats- 210x8, 230x8, 250x8, 285x6, 320x3, 360x2 (6 sets)

Half Squats- 380x8, 430x8, 470x5 (3 sets)

Quarter Squats- 515x7, 540x4, 560x4 (3 sets)

12 worksets total concurrently. 1-2 min rests first 4 sets;

3 min rests next 2 sets;

5 minute rests next 4 sets

6-7 minute rests last 3 sets

so to answer your question xjohanx, yes the 560lb repetitions were in fact quarter squats BUDDAY

?

Which aspect?

That people can't list partial reps, or that some people may be listing weights that aren't full range of motion?

I think it is pretty well understood that for a lift to be on the strength table it needs to be full range of motion.

I can edit the thread to make that clear....I don't think I posted any rules for it anywhere...but we can clear all things up and leave no room for doubt.

Good feedback, even though it was vague

that everybody can post their numbers no matter what technique they're using. it's not a fair competition to me.

We can post some "rules" soon.

It's a friendly competition to help motivate each other so I think it serves it's purpose well. We will come up with some guidelines but the main thing is for people to chart their progress, their improvements and inspire some friendly competition to make everyone better.

i didn't mean to offend anyone of course.

i know that you know that for a strength table it should be the full ROM, i know it, too. but i'm not sure if everyone knows.

don't let it become rules, i think that would demotivate people. but a small add like "all results were achieved by using the full ROM" would be cool.

Squats doesn't need to be full ROM, just ass parallel right? REAL squats are done ass to the grass, just saying.

Parallel is defined as the crease at the leg and hip being lower than the top of the knee. As long as it's that deep, it's a real squat. But what most people call parallel is actually several inches higher even than that.

Squats doesn't need to be full ROM, just ass parallel right? REAL squats are done ass to the grass, just saying.

Parallel is defined as the crease at the leg and hip being lower than the top of the knee. As long as it's that deep, it's a real squat. But what most people call parallel is actually several inches higher even than that.

AGREED; like if you were to be involved in an official judged and scored meet, this would be the standard.

I think what xjohanx is trying to say is real power and overall impressiveness and effectiveness is iho gauged by 'deep' squats.

My personal perference is to do full and deep and partials and switch them all up and they all have their advantages. I don't choose one over the other. They all have their benefits and limitations.

AGREED; like if you were to be involved in an official judged and scored meet, this would be the standard.

I think what xjohanx is trying to say is real power and overall impressiveness and effectiveness is iho gauged by 'deep' squats.

My personal perference is to do full and deep and partials and switch them all up and they all have their advantages. I don't choose one over the other. They all have their benefits and limitations.

what are the benefits of quarter and half squats? serious question.

I think the idea is that because you can lift a heavier weight, the specific muscles and areas of muscles that are hit by a partial squat get stronger and develop more, rather than being held back by the weakest link while performing a full squat.

If you can hit a muscle that can squat 500 lbs. with a partial squat, but only 300 lbs. with a full squat, then if you only do full squats, that muscle will never be challenged.

At least, that's my understanding, and I'm no expert on serious heavy lifting, so I could be off here.

I think the idea is that because you can lift a heavier weight, the specific muscles and areas of muscles that are hit by a partial squat get stronger and develop more, rather than being held back by the weakest link while performing a full squat.

If you can hit a muscle that can squat 500 lbs. with a partial squat, but only 300 lbs. with a full squat, then if you only do full squats, that muscle will never be challenged.

hm yeah, i thought that this would be the kind of answer i get. but i am really not sure if this is correct.

hm yeah, i thought that this would be the kind of answer i get. but i am really not sure if this is correct.

I don't think it is.