Before & During Photos (Notes, Observations, Progress)

This was the only full length shot of the before. That was the weight I was on any given week. I started the exercise in mid July and eating small, frequent meals. So 5.5 months and more to go! The white pants look good in real life, but not too flattering here. And no make up. Oh well. I'll post the after photos in a few months. 42 years old in 12 days! (shh

5' 3/4" Size 14-16 to size 3/4. Neato!

By the way, I added the design to the shirt, it's not really on there in real life. It reads: As long as there's slaughterhouses, there will be battlefields. - Tolstoy. And "Eat in Peace" with a fork, knife, and spoon. A best seller at redbubble.com

http://www.dropsoul.com/before-during.jpg

Was 168 - 172 or so (May 2008). Middle 129 lbs (January 2009). Current (right) 117lbs June 2009.

Still got work on my lower body, but it's coming along! About a year to go on that for the muscle I want. No more weight loss, just building muscle (so weight gain!!). Maintaining for 2-3 months.

Edited by dropSoul

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

I feel really fantastic! So much energy. I've increased the weight lifting pounds from 8 to start to 15 per arm and will get more free weights as I soon as I pass the 12-15 reps. I can also push ups and run and bike and just feel a thousand times better. It is addictive! Still, I have more to go, but it's natural now and I like to sweat. My creativity has improved too.

I'm really only eating loads of tofu, beans, and veggies, and lavish bread (I found a 11 carb, 10 fiber, 8 protein kind). Oh yeah, and natural peanut butter. I live for that stuff! Super green food mixed with Silk yogurt and since the main reason I was fat before was because of the vegan baking and treats, I'm now making things with Stevia with low turbindo (my tofu pudding is divine, you don't even know it's low carb/sugar).

Thanks everyone! Vegans are the warmest and kindest folks!

I also do facial exercises, and I must say they take years off your face. You have to use resistance, and hold the end of the different muscle groups and contract. My eye lids, cheeks, and jawline have responded. Just like the other muscles in your body, better construct to hang the skin on. I think the proboitics(sp) in the super green food also helps skin elasticity.

At some point I'll make a video on the facial exercises and post.

Thanks everyone! Vegans are the warmest and kindest folks!

I also do facial exercises, and I must say they take years off your face. You have to use resistance, and hold the end of the different muscle groups and contract. My eye lids, cheeks, and jawline have responded. Just like the other muscles in your body, better construct to hang the skin on. I think the proboitics(sp) in the super green food also helps skin elasticity.

At some point I'll make a video on the facial exercises and post.

I've never heard of that before, I'd be interested to read more

I got this program (first link), but modified some things and found lots free on youtube and online, but some are really useless. The ones that allow for resistance, anchoring the end of the muscle and then contracting them work the best. I'm working on my cheeks now (both my rear and face ha!).

http://www.cynthiarowland.com/before_after_fm.php

I also am SERIOUSLY thinking about this one:

http://www.flexeffect.com/beforeafter.htm

scroll down and see the before and after. Really excellent.

My mother, 63, has had good results on her saggy chin.

http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm

I've been reading a lot about this program. She, unfortunately, doesn't offer free ones on her site.

I was a vegan with a sedentary life and I am a really good vegan baker and general cook. This month is my 4th year as a vegan and 22nd year as a vegetarian. And I would eat healthy before, but too much of it! Small meals every 2-3 hours is working best and a lot of exercise. The first 40lbs. came off without too much over doing it, but now it seems it's slower and more effort is required. And more weight lifting too, so I'm seeing the effects of lean mass and how that makes the scale stay the same and even get higher. I need to ditch the scale.

Thanks! I look a lot better with paint on.

I'll be 42 on Tuesday! Actually after eating better and getting fitter, I feel younger than I have in years. Today I picked up my 74 lb. 9 year old 4' 9" inch daughter (my ex is 6' 3") and walked around the house and I did some mini squats with her! It was cool! Of course a squirmy kid is no replacement for weights, but it was nice to be like a young mom. 2 years ago I remember telling her I couldn't pick her up anymore and I was feeling bummed. And I picked up a 50 lb. bag of cat litter today when I was cleaning their toilets. So happy I started this and am in to it, I LOVE exercise and clever cooking (not relying on the crapola), and now gravity will be kinder to me in my golden years!

• 3 weeks later...

Now 124 lbs. I did photoshop the, err ... ahem, low beams out, it's a shear shirt. And since I'm still not happy with the lower half yet, no photos (crosses fingers, vows to cardio even harder) of that yet!

Oh, yes. There's a few tricks for better home photos. The first shot (first post), I had no idea. A standard camera (but not web cam which is what I used for my avatar) flatten images, appearing to add pounds due to lack of shadow and the curve of the lens. The lighting must have shadow/depth and I use portrait setting on this, so I've got the light on the floor behind me. Shots from the ground look baaaaaad, and from the top look strange too. White is also not a good color, but that's what I have. Also the quality of the camera, like phone cams, can make you look odd. So this still looks flatter than real life, but it's better than before.

Damn. I must be sensitive about my weight or sumthin -- gotta work on getting rid the ego more effectively

http://www.dropsoul.com/124lbs.jpg