Who Doesn't have a Fit Vegan Calendar yet?

robert

Who doesn't have a Fit Vegan Calendar for 2006?

We have a bunch of them we're hoping to distribute soon since the new year is approaching.

DVDs, t-shirts and things like that can go out anytime, but the calendar kinda has a deadline since it starts with January!

Daywalker (Alex) spent a lot of time and money on this project and all the proceeds go to help animals. I am the main distributor for the US (and other places).

So please check out pics from the calendar on this link (scroll to the bottom)

http://www.onlinekunst.de/kalender/kalender_2006.html

and you can get a copy of the calendar on:

www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html

Or click on "products" when you are on the main www.veganbodybuilding.com website.

Thank you all so much for the support and for helping raise money for organizations to help animals.

You will also find many of your fellow Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness members inside the calendar!

All the best,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder.

We still have some calendars, and you know where to go to find them.

www.veganbodybuilding.com/products.html

They seem to be pretty popular so far. I'm sure we'll do doing another one next year. Alex was great to initiate the project and put in all the work.

For those who already have the calendars, you all get to look at Daywalker's back all month long

Have an awesome day everyone,

Rob

Thanks for all your help with producing and promoting the calendar, Rob!

I must say i'm a little disappointed. It was meant to be a unique, fun, joint project to promote veganism and raise money to donate to animal right organisations.

The resonance was not overwhelming.

I printed 750 copies (ONLY), and thought it would not be enough. I paid 4'500 Euro in advance myself (that's over 5'300$).

As it is now, i sold only half of the calendars (most to family and friends, a big chunk to Rob), which does not even cover my expenses.

I won't take this risk again to produce a calendar this year also, even though i've learned a lot we could do better and there are many many great athletes out there we could feature.

Love and peace,

Alex

What I would like to know is which organizations in the USA were contacted about selling/promoting the calenders and which ones from that list declined to do so?

I will contact them and voice my greivances about that!

Eg. Was PCRM contacted and what did they say? What about PETA (although peta doesnt tend to do anything it cant take the glory or credit for it seems). What about vegan outreach for crying out loud? Were they not interested?

Veganfitness alone has more than 1000 members. If most people even just purchased one calender, (even for the sole reason of supporting Alex, who does so much for the cause) that would be enough.

I have mine, but can I make a suggestion for next year?

I planned to use mine as a workout calendar, writing in my workouts each day, but the black background makes that impossible. It would be nice to have white background (and large enough date spaces to be able to write a few words in).

Thanks for the feedback. I've received that feedback from others as well and I think I passed it along to Daywalker. If not, sorry Alex, I meant to.

I think that is a great point and we will have larger squares to write in events so it is more usable, rather than just visually motivating and inspiring.

I'm sure Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness will be working with Alex on this project next year too, so keep the suggestions coming.

We appreciate it!

-Robert

First I want to thank Daywalker for doing this it was very well done for a first run. I hate to see you get discouraged.

Daywalker, where is your break even point?

Some suggestions for a future calendar:

-White large squares (as mentioned)

-Calendar should be completed by June and in print in July on the shelves in end of Aug or beginning of Sept.

-Your break even should be at 50% or less of ALL costs (10% should be advertising)! If it isn't raise the price. You may be able to "make a deal" with advertisers (mags), ad rates are NOT set in stone and up for negotiation.

-Contact venders and have them preorder/commit before printing, this helps overprinting problems.

-Anyone you know who has an "in" with any, vegan, vegetarian, AR organisation or company should be contacted.

Make sure your numbers work out before the printing, you should have your costs covered at time of printing.

You can always push for preorders now and if you don't get enough, just cancel them.

Veganfitness alone has more than 1000 members. If most people even just purchased one calender, (even for the sole reason of supporting Alex, who does so much for the cause) that would be enough.

Yes, that's what i thought.

SeaSiren, thanks for the advice.

Problem was, the idea came late and so we were late with the production.

I contacted every single vegan and vegetarian i know, along with HUNDREDS of AR groups, vegetarian organizations, magazines, websites etc.

White large squares, i hear you. I wanted that, too, but the designer insisted it looked better with black background (and he's right). Moreover, if you enlarge the squres, obviously the pictures have to shrink, and it's a photo calendar after all.

Right now, i have no energy to do this right again, which i should soon, if i want to get it done in time (this time ).

So, maybe a 2008 calendar

I'd also suggest a slightly smaller format, which would be more inline with other wall calendars. The photos would have to be a bit smaller (about 3/4 of their size).

I'm not really sure what to do with mine now, because anywhere I use a wall calendar (at work or at home), I use it to write in appointments and other things. (So those white squares to write in are really important!). But I'm glad to help support other vegans and their projects!

SeaSiren, thanks for the advice.

Problem was, the idea came late and so we were late with the production.

I contacted every single vegan and vegetarian i know, along with HUNDREDS of AR groups, vegetarian organizations, magazines, websites etc.

White large squares, i hear you. I wanted that, too, but the designer insisted it looked better with black background (and he's right). Moreover, if you enlarge the squres, obviously the pictures have to shrink, and it's a photo calendar after all.

Right now, i have no energy to do this right again, which i should soon, if i want to get it done in time (this time ).

So, maybe a 2008 calendar

I totally understand! Which is why I started my post with how great a job you did (you really did)! You really pulled it together in record time and deserve so much credit for everything

My suggestions are based on doing promotions etc in the past from my work here. Getting companies and AR groups to bite takes time, and I do mean months. Some will even sit back and wait to see how it goes before biting. From my experience US companies are less likely to jump on new items then Euro companies. US companies are generally a much slower sell. But, not impossible.

For the next one you may even get more help.

Take Care!

I think we should take photos from the Vegan Vacation over the summer, so there will be group shots, action shots, team shots, and some individual ones if necessary, and create it during late summer.

It was a huge project for Alex to take on. I think the 2007 calendar will be funded by Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness so it won't be so much of an investment by one person. We should be bigger and have more $ to use for projects like that later on this year.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Trust us....Alex and I, and others, have worked hard to promote the calendar and we're excited about raising money for animal organizations. I'm sending a chunk of money to Alex this week for ones I've sold around the US lately.

The response we received was not at all like we expected, as far as support for the project. Perhaps the cost of the calendar is too high? I don't know. I created that amount (for the ones distributed by www.veganbodybuilding.com) because there are a lot of shipping costs involved. I have to purchase each large envelope and pay for the shipping of the calendars, and take in to account the costs Alex had to ship them over here (which was high since they can be VERY heavy in a box).

Again, thanks for all the suggestions. I love the idea of doing this every year and I'm pleased that Alex was the guy behind the project this time. He did a great job and we'll continue to do this. I like the group photo ideas from us training this summer, so hopefully some of us can do that!

P.S. I still have some available Brendan Brazier stopped by my apartment today and picked some up to distribute in Canada where he lives.

All the best!

Rob

I created that amount (for the ones distributed by www.veganbodybuilding.com) because there are a lot of shipping costs involved. I have to purchase each large envelope and pay for the shipping of the calendars, and take in to account the costs Alex had to ship them over here (which was high since they can be VERY heavy in a box).

Omitting that piece of cardboard that is in the calendar would lighten them a bit, as would making the format a bit smaller (maybe a regular-fold format, with the photo being 8 1/2 x 11 and the calendar portion the same size, folded in half to the standar 8 1/2 x 11). The smaller, more standard size would also use a smaller envelope. I've seen a lot of free calendars (at Walmart pharmacy, at my vets, at Rural King, from organizations I donate to) that are based on this format, so it must not be that expensive to do, and if you can fit the info into this standardized format, it would cost less, but still look nice, IMO. Though it would require two-side printing, as each page would have the calendar portion on one side and the photo portion on the other side.

And, just a thought, but the regular calendar format also would allow for preprinting special, vegan-oriented dates, like world Vegan day (there is one, isn't there? If not, we should make one up!). (I realize that with an interational calendar like this, it would be harder to do, but some dates could be indicated even if they are not applicable to all countries, with an indication of what country they are in. ?)

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm taking note of all of them because I may be heavily involved in the project. Alex did all the work this time, I just helped find some athletes to be featured in there and helped distribute it. I appreciate all the work he put into it. This next year we may share the tasks.

I like a lot of the ideas, making it a bit smaller, more room to write on it and still have good sized photos.

We appreciate everyone who has purchased one so far. It hasn't been as well received in all places we've been marketing and promoting it, but we're happy that so many of you support the project

-Rob