Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Strength Table

Jason

Thanks! Yeah I had my power lifting phase the last couple weeks and my new numbers shocked me. Guess I'm doing something right.....I really need to get DL into my routine. What day do you all train it? I can't decide if it should go with back, legs, or somewhere else...

At the moment my heavy deadlifts are on my light squat day, I also have a light deadlift day and if I get the chance I use resistance bands and chains to help build up my speed on the movement. Just make sure you give yourself enough rest between squatting and deadlifting and you should be fine.

I have to stard doing deadlifts too so i can post that max here

Here's the maxes i have:

Bench 42,5 kg / 94 lbs

Squats 110 kg / 243 lbs

Bodyweight: 65 kg / 143 lbs

Nice work candyflip!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks, Robert.

I was disappointed with my deadlift. It is 365 1RM. It should be quite a bit higher than my squat. I need to start training from a dead start, rather than pulling the bar from the rack and starting eccentrically.

Definitely go with the dead start from the floor. One, it'll give you the proper setup to keep form tight, and two, you won't have any chance of the bar moving out of the ideal path during the lift. I find that after my first rep, none are ever as good since the bar tends to drift out of alignment with the lowering portion of each rep, so start those suckers off the floor and I bet you're going to see things jump up soon enough!

Thanks, Robert.

I was disappointed with my deadlift. It is 365 1RM. It should be quite a bit higher than my squat. I need to start training from a dead start, rather than pulling the bar from the rack and starting eccentrically.

Definitely go with the dead start from the floor. One, it'll give you the proper setup to keep form tight, and two, you won't have any chance of the bar moving out of the ideal path during the lift. I find that after my first rep, none are ever as good since the bar tends to drift out of alignment with the lowering portion of each rep, so start those suckers off the floor and I bet you're going to see things jump up soon enough!

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I am about to start a heavy lifting cycle again, so I will get to test this out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...