Vegan Strength Germany

Hi fellows,

I plan on founding a vegan strength athlete group in Germany.

The idea is:

- to get vegan strength athletes together for training,

- sharing experiences with training and nutrition,

- motivation.

- I want to have an awesome cool website with tons of testosteron, muscle and information on it - in German.

- Obviously, the website shall serve as the base for information, connection and vegan representation in the German speaking parts of the world for vegans who need info on training and for strength athletes who search for info on performance on a vegan diet.

So, who is in?

Ideas, suggestions etc. welcome.

Who wants to help with the website?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Rob

I appreciate your work with the website and forum, it has had somuch impact on my life and that of many others already, i hope i can do something similar over here!

By the way, if that wasn't clear:

With "strength athletes" i mean bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongmen, weightlifters and every other athlete who does any form of strength training or competes in some kind of power sport (shotput, highland games etc. etc.)!

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback

No, i don't intend to make a simiar site to this one. A little bit like the main site, but no forum. Maybe a guestbook.

I imagine a website with mainly bios on the athletes. On each athlete's page s/he can publish pictures, personal training and diet infos, blog and/or training log, contact info etc. Additionally there will be articles on nutrition and training in general, plus a gallery with lots of muscle. Then, we will have workshops, contests and meet ups for new vegan athletes and members of the team and the website will be the platform to advertise them, and post pictures afterwards

a website like that would be surely great. but will you found enough serious authors for the articles, profiles, bios and stuff? do we have enough experienced vegan bodybuilders (or powerlifters or whatever) here in germany to start a project like this?

Ich schreib' hier auch mal auf deutsch weiter!

Wir haben auf Veganfitness schon angefangen, ein erstes Treffen zu planen; ich poste hier mal den ungefähren Plan:

Datum: 07.02.09

Tagesplan:

- xx:xx Uhr Training im xxxx Gym in Düsseldorf (hier dann auch Treffpunkt - ?)

- xx:xx Uhr gemeinsames Essen beim Jade-Imbiss und Besprechung

- weitere Punkte?

Ein Problem ergibt sich vorerst noch mit den Schlafgelegenheiten, da ich (der einzige, der aus Ddorf kommt) hier kaum Platz habe. Ggf müssten einige Leute hier in 'ner Jugendherberge pennen, oder so, da wir vermutlich Sonntag auch noch was zusammen machen wollen!

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback

No, i don't intend to make a simiar site to this one. A little bit like the main site, but no forum. Maybe a guestbook.

I imagine a website with mainly bios on the athletes. On each athlete's page s/he can publish pictures, personal training and diet infos, blog and/or training log, contact info etc. Additionally there will be articles on nutrition and training in general, plus a gallery with lots of muscle. Then, we will have workshops, contests and meet ups for new vegan athletes and members of the team and the website will be the platform to advertise them, and post pictures afterwards

I like this idea.

I'm building another site that will be one without a forum...in fact it was built 2 years ago, just never online properly.....you have no idea how hard it is to manage a forum. I think only those who run a forum know what it is actually like to be in charge of it....which is why over 2 years ago I expanded the e-mail inbox to hold 300 messages and I'm still with a full inbox all the time even though I delete tons of messages at a time.

Profiles, interviews, articles, contact info, photos, spotlight athletes, etc. are all great ideas.

All the best man!

I get e-mails from German vegan athletes all the time....I will pass them along to you as well. Schweinsteiger!!!!!

Stimmt, so was hattest du schon erwähnt. Das WE-Ticket an zwei Tagen alleine zu bezahlen wäre sowieso etwas teuer gewesen.

Ich hatte noch Kim (Flare auf VF und VBB) gefragt, ob sie mit dem Auto fahren würde aber die hat leider keine Zeit. Insofern ist mein Kommen sehr unwahrscheinlich geworden. :/