Weighted Knee Raises:

15 lbs X 10

20 lbs X 10

Hanging weighted knee raises:

20lbs X 10

20lbs X 10

Ab Circuit - 3 rounds

Jackknives - BW X 10

Weighted Towers (not sure if that is what these are called. that is what I know them as. Hold dumbbell between feet on a flat bench, leg lift the weight over your face and do a complete press up of the hips to full extension and control on the way down)

5lbs X 10

10 lbs X 10

10 lbs X 10

Crossfit WOD "Helen"

For time - 3 rounds of

Sprint 400 meters

21 kettlebell swings (hip extension) - 30 lbs

12 pullups ( had to do jump pullups I had no spot)

Time 9:20

I was really tired as CF WOD so I think I am going to rest for the rest of the day and start back tomorrow with both am and pm sessions. Back to icing my shoulder.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a crazy busy day today. Not much time to workout but I did get some work in.

6am -- TIRED!

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3X 15 reps - 5 lb. dumbbells

V raises

Rear Delt Raises

Scapular Pushups

Rotator Cuff Isometric Holds

Recovery Run 1.25 miles - 10:30

6pm - Jump Rope - 10 minutes Stretch

10 minutes padwork

1 hour kicking drills

6am -

Shoulder stability Circuit - V raises, rear delt raises, isometric rotational holds. 5 lb dumbbells. Had a hard time holding weight in injured shoulder.

Crossfit WOD "Barbara" 5 rounds for time with 3 minute rest between rounds.

20 pullups (jumped, no spotter), 20 Pushups (Did Scapular due to shoulder injury) 40 situps, 50 Squats Round 1 time = 3'11" Round 2 = 3'23" Round 3 = 2'57" Round 4 = 2'46" Round 5 = 2'49".

Stayed away from hand work tonight as shoulder was in bad shape this morning.

7pm - Jump Robe & warmup kicks 5 minutes

1 hour - Kicking drills - Partner and Line, roundhouse kicks with resistance bands, on pads and walking.

9pm Jeet Kune Do - Lower limb destructions as well as Lower Limb entry techniques & interceptions.

6am Deadlifts

warmup: 65 lbs X 10 reps, 135 X 3 reps

1 rep of 185, 195, 200. 205

6pm jump rope, mostly kicking work, kicks with resistance bands, on pads, in air, on heavy bag. Also worked Jab and left hook. Didn't use right hand, upset about that shape it is in.

LnG & Tasha - thanks so much for your positivity! Today was a tough day for me. I was tired and sore this morning so my workout suffered

6am - shoulder stability circuit - 3 X 15

v raises, rear delt raises, scapular pushups, isometric holds

run 3 miles - 24:40. Felt my sore legs every step of the way.

I couldn't make it to kickboxing or to the gym tonight. I needed to take my dad to the hospital, he needs a pacemaker which he should get tomorrow. So I am getting some unplanned rest in which probably isn't a bad thing since i can't remember the last time I took a rest day. It's been a stressful day and i think tomorrow will be too. On a happier note I can finally use my laptop again after a month or so of not having it. I will probably start posting back some of the workouts I did that I never logged.

No AM workout. Spent almost the entire day in the hospital with my father. He had pacemaker surgery. It was a stressful day and I was drained so my only workout was a road run near my place that my father and I used to run when I first started running with him a long time ago. This was a great moving meditation that I needed to do after spending a day in the hospital. It is a very depressing place. I hate seeing the horrible "food" they serve the patients there as well as all of the drugs etc. My dad is one of my heroes. He starting me running at a young age. I used to wait for him to come home from work so we could go out on our runs together. Dad ran a lot of road races from 5 miles to half marathons and marathons. Never saw him quit and that rubbed off on me. I learned how to push myself hard and thank him so much for that. Its served me well in life. He also used to box although that was before I was born. Since this course was one I used to run with him I decided to dedicate this run to him in my own mind and it felt good. Maybe not a great workout for the body today but an excellent one for the mind and soul.

4 miles - Hilly Course Time 34.31

3.7.9 - No AM workout. Dad was still in the hospital but is home tonight! It was another long day but things should get easier now and hopefully I can get back to my regular workout routine. Didn't have time to get to the gym before they closed so I did another outdoor run to enjoy the warm weather the NE has been having this weekend. I don't really care for winter so this was treat. 4 miles - Hilly Course - 33.25

Decided to post back some my workouts when I wasn't keeping my log updated now that I have my laptop back!

Shoulder Stability Circuit

V raises, Rear Delt Raises, Isometric Holds - 3X15

Jump Rope - 5 minutes

Wall Angels - I've been trying to put this in my rehab exercise but everytime I do them my shoulder "pops" as it doesn't have enough stablity yet. I've been icing it as much as I can.

45 minutes - Boxing Drills

Decline Bench Situps

15 with 5 lb dumbbell behind head

3 X10 with 10lb dumbbell behind head

Conditioning circuit: 6 Continuous Rounds of 10 Scapular Pushups, 10 Jump Squats, 10 burpees with vertical jump

For time: Modified CF WOD: Because of shoulder injury turned the push presses into regular shoulder presses

Row 500 meters

Shoulder Press 21 reps

Row 500 meters

Shoulder Press 18 reps

Row 500 meters

Shoulder Press 15 reps

Row 500 meters

Shoulder Press 12 reps

Time 15:00

Ab Circuit: 3 X 5 reps

Warmup: 10 slow Situps on Exercise Ball

Weighted Side Cable Crunches: 60lbs

Cable Cross Body Pulls:25 lbs

Rope Pull Behind Head Crunches 3X 10 reps - 30 lbs

Front Squats 5 rounds of 3 reps

Round 1 weight = 95

Round 2 weight = 105

Round 3 weight = 115 - must have bent forward a bit on my way up on the last rep and I nearly dumped myself and the bar. It happened so fast I never let go of the bar. luckily my lifting partner was in a great position to catch both me and the bar. A more tradional grip with the weight on my back would have prevented this

Round 4 & 5 weight = 95 - Decided to drop back a bit after i scared myself. Just didn't have the confidence for heavier weight.

Bent Over Rows = 4 rounds of 5 reps - First three rounds used 30 lbs dumbbells, Round 4 - 35 lb dumbbells

Circuit of Dips and Wide Grip Pullups 3 rounds of 5 each. Used a spot for the pullups.

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3X15 - 5 lb dumbbells - V raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Superset 3x12

1 Leg Hip Lift

Side Step Up- Step Down into a Squat w/ 15lb Bodybar

Superset 4x12

Deadlifts - 95, 135,135,135

Flat Bench Chest Press - 12 lb dumbbells for Shoulder Stability not strength

Superset 3x12

Close Grip Pull Down 60, 70, 70

Upright Rows 12 lb DB

Ab Circuit: 3X20

Overhead 15 lb Medicine Ball Throws onto Trampoline

20 lb medicine ball Twists

Banded Knee Raises

-

7am -Crossfit WOD - "Joshie" -Rows completed with 20lb Dumbbells -Hanging Leg Raises done on Pullup Bar

3 rounds for time:

21 Bent Over Rows Right Hand

21 Hanging Leg Raises

21 Bent Over Rows Left Hand

21 Hanging Leg Raises

Time: 15 minutes

11am Shoulder Stability Circuit - V Raises and Rear Delt Raises with 5 lb dumbbells

Jeet Kune Do - 1 hour - Weapons angles, entries on angles, sensitivity drills

12 - 1:30 Kickboxing

Situational Sparring & Drills

6am

Situps on Ball 30 slow

Deadlifts

3 x 115

3 x 135

3 x 175

1 x 185

1 x 195

1 x 200

5pm

shoulder stability circuit 3 x 15 - V raises, rear delt raises, scapular pushups

Superset 3 x10

Banded Broad Jumos

70lb Lat Pull Downs

Superset 3 x 10

Box Jumps

Bent Over Rows - 15lb dumbbells

Superset 3 X 10

Lateral Jumps

Bicep Curl + Shoulder Press - 15 lb dumbbells

Situps, Supermans, leg raises

Run 1.5 Miles 12:30

Kicking Drills 1 hour

4 X 10 Decline Bench Situps with 10 DB behind neck

3 X 15 Wall Angels

Workouts have been light the last few days just a lot going on but planning to get back on schedule tomorrow. On a positive note i did get more icing of my shoulder done than normal which I hope is helping.

6am - Run 3 miles

7pm - Working Counters against a lead roundhouse kick.

9pm - Jeet Kune Do - Muay Thai Kicks

My shoulder is in bad shape lately. I've basically been working kicks for days now and not using my hands at all. I've also been running more and cut back on my lifting to try to rest my shoulder a bit. I am having it looked at tomorrow as it does not seem to be getting any better which is really REALLY upsetting me.

50 Prone Rows - 15 lb DB

60 Box Jumps

50 Scapular Pushups

50 Box Jumps - was supposed to be 60 but I was exhausted and mentally confused so I did 50 and realize later it was to be 60

50 Shoulder Press - 10 lb DB - Started with 15 and was so wasted I had to drop down.

60 Box Jumps

10 minutes - Jump Robe

1.5 hours Drills - Situational Sparring

Leg Lifts and Scapular Pushups - 3 minutes

Run 2.55 miles - 20 minutes

Tabata (squats) 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest repeated 8 times

Trying to get as many squats in 20 seconds as possible

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Count 22 22 21 22 21 20 18 20

I was upset with the amount of work I had in, took a few minutes break and did another 5 rounds

Round 1 2 3 4 5

Count 23 26 25 24 24

Situps on Ab Ball 2 rounds of 50 fast 1 round 10 slow

Jump Robe 5 minutes

Line and Partner Drills

Jeet Kune Do - Rapid Assault Tactics

3 x 15 - v raises and rear delt raises

6 am V raises and rear delt raises 3 X 15

Squats:

Warmup 12lb and 18 lb bodybar

3X 95

3 X 105

3 X 115

6 X 125

Burnout - Complete as many rounds of 20 scapular pushups, 30 BW squats, 40 situps on ball in 10 minutes.

6pm

4 rounds of padwork

Boxing Drills 1 hour

Wall angels 4x15

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3 X 15 V raises, rear delt raises, scapular pushups 5 lb DB

Lunge Lung Squat

Lunge Lunge Vertical Jump, land in squat

Military Press Squats with 9 lb Body Bar

Hamstring Body Lifts 3 X 10

Power Circuit 3 x 10

Box Jumps

Reverse walking lunges

Broad Jumps

Superset of 3 x 25

Back Extensions

Glute Ham Destroyers

Hanging Leg lifts 5 x 20

Pullups with spot - too busy talking to spotter forgot to count reps. OOPS!

Haning Leg lifts 5 X 10

6am - Shoulder Stability Circuit -5 lb V raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups and Isometric Rotations. 3X15

15 minutes of running steps on stepmill.

Decline Bench Situps with 10lb DB behind head. 3x10

5:30

Front Squats

Warmup: 5 X 45

5 X 65

5 x 75

5 x 95

5 x 105

4 x 105 - Right (injured) shoulder was starting to give out so I called it quits here just to be safe.

Shoulder Press with Bar

5 x 35

5 x 45

5 x 55

5 x 55

Push Press - Because of the shoulder injury I kept the weight low on the explosive work again to be safe. Concentrate more on the form than the weight.

6 x 55

3 x 55

3 x 60

4 x 65

Push Jerks - Just tried a couple to see how the shoulder would do

2 X 65

1 x 65

1 x 65

7pm = Muay Thai Kickboxing

Jump Rope 10 minutes

Line Drills, Thai Kicks, knee and jabs.

Partner Drills, Jab & knees

Bag work - thai kicks, jabs and knees

Conditioning:

3 minute round: 2 power shots hook to the head & burpees

30 sec bounce recovery

3 minute round: 2 power shots hook to the body and hook to the head & burpees

30 sec bounce recovery

5 minutes round: Double Jab - Hard Thai Kick to the leg & BURPEES!

Partner Leg Lifts 2 X 50

6 am Shoulder Stability Circuit: V raises, rear delt raises, scapular pushups, isometric rotational holds. 3 x 15

Decline Bench Situps with 10 DB behind head 3 x 10

Conditioning: 3 - 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest alternating exercises every 30 seconds

Round 1 - Burpees, Jumping Jacks

Round 2 - Jump Squats, High Knees( running in place with high knee lift)

Round 3 - Jump Squats, Jumping Jacks, High Knees, Jumping Jacks, Burpees, Jumping Jacks

5pm - 3 mile run = 24m7 sec

6pm - 1 hour of American kickboxing - Bagwork, jab and left hook - Live Partner Drills with Kicking Combos.

50 GHD Situps off the end of boxing ring ( most of body except feet, lower legs is off the ring) . Partner sits on feet.