MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face Pulls 15 lbs - 3 x 15 & 20 lbs 3 x 15

Shoulder Stability Circuit: 3 x 15, V Raises, Rear Delt Raise & Scapular Pushups

One Arm Rows

40lb DB X 5

45 X 5

50 x 5

50 x 5

Bent over rows

20 lb DB - 3 X 15

Run Stairs - All up, as many as can be completed in 20 minutes: Floors 111 - 2.31 Miles

Went to another ART appointment today and I am worried. It was recommended that I get an MRI to check for partial tears. I've rehabbed past the nerve impingement so it is more of a weakness issue than a pain issue at this point. Not sure if I want to do this as I am not sure if surgery would be an option for me to repair a tear. I don't really want to have to modify my lifestyle by stopping kickboxing or working out. Should i just live with the pain? Shoulder I get the MRI and see what comes of it?

2 hours - Kickboxing - lots of lead round house work, 5 rounds of bagwork 1 round of padwork, 5 minute conditioning round alternating every 30 seconds between pushups, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, burpees.

1 hour - JKD - Elbows and knees in combinations. I really love throwing elbows and knees.

Decided to go and get an MRI and just hope their isn't a tear. Got the paperwork tonight just need to call tomorrow and schedule it.

6am

Front Squats - Kept the weight low because of the shoulder but this felt way too easy so i have to up it next time. I wanted to do more but I ran out of time before work.

3x75

3x85

3x90

3x100

3x115

In between each set of front squats I completed a round of 20 Jackknives and 10 Towers for a total of 100 jackknives and 50 towers. All bodyweight only.

5:15 - Run 3 miles - 23:33 - legs felt good the first 1.5 then tired on the second half, probably the squats form the AM.

Shoulder Stability Circuit 3x15 - V raises, rear delt raises and scapular pushups.

Face Pulls = 15 reps at 20lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs.

Kickboxing - I hour of situational sparring, I felt really good today but my right shoulder was burning and exhausted now that I put it back to work. 1/2 hour of padwork working the catch 4 counter drill.

Scheduled my MRI for tuesday. Going to work, rehab and ice the shoulder until then and see what happens. Training with my current trainers trainer tomorrow. Worked with him once before and it was awesome so i am really looking forward to it.

6am

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3X15 - V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Face Pulls 25 lbs - 3 X 15

Superset: 3 X 15

Curl & press 12 lb DBs - My right shoulder was not stable during the transition from curl to press

Back Extension - BW

One Arm DB Rows

40X5

45X5

45x5

Lower back was smoked from the back extensions so I stopped these after 3 sets.

PullDowns

Warmup 2X70,3X80

Supinated

90lbs - 3 sets of 5

Parallel Grip

90lbs - 3 sets of 5

100lbs - 1 set of 5

Feeling tired today. Have to get my energy up to kickbox tonight!

I am icing my shoulder as much as possible. it was burning and weak after working out last night. Very curious to see what the MRI is going to show.

7pm - Jump Rope, Kicking Drills, Shadow Box with bands, Kickbox with Bands, Kicks on Pads. Trained with Jesse Harris today. He is such an excellent trainer, former pro boxer & kickboxing champion. He can correct problems very quickly and has such an excellent energy about him. It is always a pleasure to learn from him. He puts out so much useful information it is almost hard for me to even pick it up. I look forward to my next opportunity to train with him again.

Left achilles tendon has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. I've been icing that with my shoulder as much as possible.

Modified CF WOD

10 rounds for time of:

10 Bent Over Rows - I used 20 lb DBs

10 Dips used a chair and did bodyweight

Time: 9:20

My arms were smoked after this! Happy today is not a kickboxing day and I didn't have to punch anyone today.

Abs:

40 ball situps fast

20 cross knee crunches each side

10 ball situps slow

10 standing ab rollouts (first time doing these and I love them, working them into my repertoire)

Went to get another ART session done on my shoulder. Going for my MRI on tuesday so I won't get any more ART done until after I get the results from my MRI. My shoulder is mostly pain free ( or numb from all of the iceing) just very weak and lacks stability at this point.

5:15pm

CF workout of the day from earlier in the week - waited on this one until I get to an outdoor track.

4 x 800 meter run for time

Ran 1200 meters to warmup

Round 1 - 3:27

Round 2 - 3:39

Round 3 - 3:41

Round 4 - 3:38

Ran 400 meters to cool down

These were hard for me, My achilles was aching the whole way and I was a little disappointed in my times but I did get through it.

Left achilles tendon has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. I've been icing that with my shoulder as much as possible.

Modified CF WOD

10 rounds for time of:

10 Bent Over Rows - I used 20 lb DBs

10 Dips used a chair and did bodyweight

Time: 9:20

My arms were smoked after this! Happy today is not a kickboxing day and I didn't have to punch anyone today.

Abs:

40 ball situps fast

20 cross knee crunches each side

10 ball situps slow

10 standing ab rollouts (first time doing these and I love them, working them into my repertoire)

Went to get another ART session done on my shoulder. Going for my MRI on tuesday so I won't get any more ART done until after I get the results from my MRI. My shoulder is mostly pain free ( or numb from all of the iceing) just very weak and lacks stability at this point.

5:15pm

CF workout of the day from earlier in the week - waited on this one until I get to an outdoor track.

4 x 800 meter run for time

Ran 1200 meters to warmup

Round 1 - 3:27

Round 2 - 3:39

Round 3 - 3:41

Round 4 - 3:38

Ran 400 meters to cool down

These were hard for me, My achilles was aching the whole way and I was a little disappointed in my times but I did get through it.

Wall Angels 3 X 15

Taking a rest, fueling up & getting ready for Jeet Kune Do and Kickboxing later today! Here is my morning workout

Standing Ab Rollouts 2 X 5 reps

Deadlifts - used a different bar I've never used this kind before you actually stand in the bar it makes a diamond around you. I don't know what it is called. I actually found it harder than just using a standard bar.

Warmup - 65 x 10

Superset of 5 reps each

Deadlifts & Shoulder presses

DL - 95

SP - 15 DB

DL - 135

SP - 20 DB

DL - 155

SP - 20DB

DL - 165

SP - 1 x 25, right shoulder gave out on 2nd attempt, 2 X 20

DL - 175

SP - 20 DB - Used a spotter for shoulder support

Fly Press

7 X 40

5 X 60

5 X 70

5 X 70 used a spotter for support - also did isometric hold on last rep

Shoulder Stability Circuit - 3 X 15 V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups,

Standing Ab Rollouts - 5, 5, 10, 7, Fell on # 7 but got back up and did 3 more - want to work up from sets of 5 to sets of 10 or 15.

Face pulls - 30lbs - 3 X 15

Thanks Tasha! u Rock 2!

11 - JKD - Knife work - Striking Angle, Knife evation techniques, interceptions & followups.

12 - Kickboxing - Line Drills - reps of lead & rear roundhouse, lead and rear push kicks & snap kicks and combinations of kicks.

Bagwork with kicking combinations and also feet to hand transitions.

3.29.9 - 7am

Crossfit Workout of the day - FIGHT GONE BAD! - originally designed for MMA fighter BJ Penn this workout mimics and exceeds the requirements of an MMA fight. I LOVE THIS ONE!

Three rounds of: MODIFICATIONS

Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps) KEPT WEIGHT USED DUMBBELLS AND DID THRUSTERS

Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps) DROPPED WEIGHT TO 35 POUNDS

Box Jump, 20" box (Reps) AS RXED

Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps) DROPPED WEIGHT TO 35 POUNDS

Row (Calories) BENT OVER ROWS WITH 20 LB DBS

In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute.The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. This is a five-minute round from which a one-minute break is allowed before repeating. On call of "rotate", the athletes must move to next station immediately for best score. One point is given for each rep, except on the rower where each calorie is one point.

Had to made modifications due to gym equipment restrictions and also scaled the weight down for my size. Did not have anyone available to count my points but I put up my best effort.

My shoulder was giving out on the thrusters, box jumps were the worst! Hard to keep form on the bent over rows especially round 3. Some mental confusion displayed after round 3 I asked my timekeeper if i was done or did i have another round. I was thrilled i was done as I don't think another round of this would have been very pretty.

Face Pulls - 25 lbs - 5 X 15

Shoulder Stability Circuit - V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups - 3 X 15

Situps on Ab ball - 15 slow.

Shoulder Stability Circuit- 3 X 15 V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups

Face Pulls - 25lbs - 5 X 15

Standing Ab Rollouts - 1 X 10

Run 400 meters warmup

Crossfit Workout of the Day - "Nicole"

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of :

Run 400 meters

Max Set Pullups - needed to use a chair I didn't have a spotter today

pullups completed each round are:

40, 15, 20, 15, 15, 30

Because of time requirement ended up on 400 meter run.

total run during 20 minutes - 1.75 miles, total pullups - 135

How are these pullups done? Impressed.

These pullups were done using a chair. I Normally do pullups with a spot but I didn't have anyone available at the time so I used the chair as my support. Position the chair under the bar and pull yourself up the bar, if you need to use your legs to get up you can. Then really work the the negative (down) phase of the exercise but lowering yourself as slow as you can. I landed back on the chair because of the shoulder injury. I did not do the full extension as that range of motion is really jarring on my shoulder right now. Normally I would come down to a dead hang. I wouldn't have nearly as many reps if I used a spotter and did strict pullups. Hope the shoulder heals so I can get back to that.

3.30.9 pm workout

18 minutes - Jump Robe

45 Minutes - Situational Sparring - American Kickboxing rules - Shoulder was very weak and held me back

3.31.9 No AM workout was getting my MRI taken

Waiting for the radiologists report to see what is going on. Shoulder is very sore today. Haven't been icing it enough lately been too busy but need to get back on that.

3.31.9 - PM

Face Pulls 25lbs - 5 X 15

Shoulder Stability Circuit - V Raises, Rear Delt Raises, Scapular Pushups - 3 x 15

Standing Ab Rollouts 1x10, 1 x 5

Jump Rope - 10 minutes

Line Kicking Drills, Bag punching combos, Bag kick Combos

5 minute burnout - rear to lead roundhouse kicks mixed with burpees and jump squats

JKD - Limb Destructions and Kali Gunting.

@aluck - I wish I was putting out those kind of numbers with strict spotless pullups. So pumped to hear you did the wallballs!!

6am - Crossfit WOD - For time Five rounds of 30 GHD situps & 25 back extension - Time 12:01 - my lower back was so sore after these that I didn't do anything else at my am session.

5:30pm - Run 2.5 miles -19:53 Kickboxing - 3 kick combinations with partner & blocks.

The radiologist report on my shoulder MRI is supposed to be done tomorrow. Hoping it is good news!

4.2.9 - No report on my shoulder MRI yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

6am - Modified Crossfit Workout of the Day

Warmup - 5 single arm pulldowns per arm

3 rounds for time of:

21 Hanging Leg Lifts

5 Single Arm Pulldowns 30 lbs Each Arm

Time 5:00

Supinated Pulldown

5x60

5x75

5x75

1x90

Parallel Grip Pulldown

5X 90

5X 105

Ball Situps - 10 Slow

Standing Ab Rollouts 1x7, 1x5

Grip really fatigued from hangs.

7pm - Kickboxing

5 minutes jump rope

all kick drills tonight - line drills with isolated kicks - 50 reps per each kick

10 rounds of bagwork with kicking combinations

10 minute conditioning circuit alternating between pushups, scapular pushups, squats with alternating front kicks, burpees.

Still no radiologists report on my MRI. I won't get anything until at least monday at this point. Wish I had it already but nothing I can do about it so not going to be upset about it.

6am Modified Crossfit WOD - "NANCY"

Was supposed to do sprints then overhead squats however my shoulder did not like the overhead squats at all so I switched it to back squats. Also did the squats first and then did the sprinting and subbed the pushups for squats. I wanted to do the sprints on a track and wouldn't have access to squat equipment out there.

warmup - 12lb overhead squats, 45lb back squats X 10

Back Squats

95 lbs - 3 X 15

100lbs 2 x 15

warmup run 800 meteres

For time: Five rounds of:

Run 400 Meters

15 Scapular Pushups

Time: 12:37

Cooldown 400 meters

Shoulder Rehab work

Face Pulls: 6 sets of 15 reps @ 25 lbs, 1 set of 5 reps at 40 lbs

V Raises and Rear Delt Raises with 6lb DB - 3 X 15

Thanks robert! Thanks for setting up this great community.

7am - Hang Cleans & Jerks - These were super hard on my shoulder especially the cleans. Not sure if I am doing something incorrectly or if it is just from my injury. So I kept the weight light and just worked form. If anyone has suggestions to help me out with this I really welcome them. Didn't keep track of the weight or reps very well but it ranged from 35 and built up to 55 lbs. My shoulder was sore for the rest of the day.

11am - JKD - Kali - Escrima Drills and Knife Drills - Angles & Sumbrada with followups.

12pm - Kickboxing - Padwork, Heavy Bag work, Partner Drills - various kicking and lead side punches in combinations.

6 minutes of GHD partner situps - 1 minute rest between each 1 minute set for 6 rounds.