MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

@aluck - glad I helped you out a bit. How is that hand looking today more importantly?

Last night was the worst night of all. Found out that the antibiotics I have been taking were giving me central nervous system stimulation. It was pretty scary. I won't be taking it anymore. Hope I've had enough of it as the flush, tremors, restlessness, insomnia, and dizziness are something I can't be dealing with anymore. Also I dropped my nti pot and it cracked! I have to go get another today as I can't live without my neti pot! Didn't sleep well and feeling worn today so I am not sure if I will workout. Going to do some other things and see how I feel later. If I am up for it I will if not I might take today as a rest day.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about adding crossfit type workouts to my routine. It's good to see someone post a crossfit training log here. I get confused by all the info on crossfit.com. It took me forever to figure out what 21-15-9 or 1-1-1-1-1, 3-3-3-3-3, 5-5-5-5-5 meant. lol

Found out that the antibiotics I have been taking were giving me central nervous system stimulation.

What do you mean? (if you don't mind me asking)

central nervous system stimulation is tremors, restlessness, anxiety, lightheadedness, confusion, hallucinations, paranoia, depression, nightmares, insomnia, and rarely, suicidal thoughts or acts.

I am off of it now and feeling better already. It will take a few days to completely get out of my system before I really feel better. I didn't know antibiotics could do this and didn't really believe it when I was happening to me until it got so bad I looked it up and called the dr. and they told me to stop them.

I've thought about adding crossfit type workouts to my routine. It's good to see someone post a crossfit training log here. I get confused by all the info on crossfit.com. It took me forever to figure out what 21-15-9 or 1-1-1-1-1, 3-3-3-3-3, 5-5-5-5-5 meant. lol

I understand and would love to help you out whatever way I can. Those are the reps and they determine way you are looking to train, sets of 1 rep would be personal best type heavy lifting, sets of 3 and 5 are focused more on building strength, still lifting heavy though. sets with 21,15, 9 are working more on endurance. Crossfit workouts are great once you really learn how to do them. Seriously, though if have any questions I'll try to answer them for you.

Hey there - just wanted to let you know that I just picked up the Thrive Diet from the library! I immediately flipped to the recipe section and I for sure want to try out some of the pizzas.

awesome! I hope you like them. Let me know what you think. I think I have made almost everyone of them at least once at this point. And it is mostly a method so I Make a lot of my own by changing the toppings, or making a different sauce out of some of the dressings he has in in the book. I mostly keep the crusts relatively the same. I really like the book some of the recipes take a while to cook though because he cooks at low temps. I've made many things out of the book.

5.10.9 - took yesterday as a rest day. Needed it after all of the problems I've been having health wise lately.

Had my first workout at NEPA CROSSFIT today. It is coming along really nicely, can't wail til the place is officially open. I'll post some pic and the website soon.

AM -

Deadlifts

Warmup - 65 x 10

95 x 8

135 x 8

155 x 5

165 x 5

175 x 3

Waited to do more but my training partner Brennan suggested I stop as I haven't deadlifted in awhile and with the illness and shoulder injury i shouldn't push it. I listened to him which is unusual for me. Probably because I still don't feel well.

Situps on small ab ball that rests in the small of your back allowing you to cross your legs so your not using your hips to lift up and focusing us to use all of your abs to come up to a full situp not a crunch. LOVE THIS! Brought one home with me from the gym and plan on using it like crazy! Did 100 reps at the gym. Might run and do some more ab reps today as time permits.

Hi tasha been better but doing the best i can right now

didn't get a run in, still recovering. but have been doing of sets of 20 on my ab ball all day. not keeping track of total count though as i am doing them in between errands.

Meals

1 - tofu scramble with spinach, onions, garlic, "bacon", carrot, Nutri yeast, braggs, lemons juice, spices

Bagel with earth balance

2 - Vega WFO w/ coconut water and milk - more tofu scramble

3 - Ethiopian Lentils ( onions, garlic, tomatoes, peas, spices) over brown rice with green beans

Yes I do have a recipe. I also have an Ethiopian Chickpea recipe and some soup/stews too (even with peanut butter added to them, they are very good) I can e-mail them to you when I get a chance or if you want to PM me your mailing address I can copy them and mail them to you. Whatever you would prefer.

Thanks! Probably e-mail whenever you get the chance (no rush) would be easiest for me, unless you would prefer to mail them. I have a computer program where I keep all of my non-cookbook recipes. I was getting confused with hundreds and hundreds of pieces of paper. Why I feel the need to collect more recipes than I could ever possibly try I have no idea...but I have them "just in case."

Thanks!

Took another rest day today as I didn't feel well and had really low energy. Going to see an Ear Nose and Throat Dr./Surgeon tomorrow for my continuing sinus issues. Wednesday I go to the shoulder surgeon.

Meals

1 - VEGA WFO w/coconut water/ hemp milk

2 - 2 larabars

3 - Leftover Tofu Scramble with Sprouted Wheat Bagel

4 -Granola with Hemp & Coconut Milk

5 - Kamut with Carrots, Parsnips, Celery Root, Shallots, Raisins

Only girls use recipes! Ha Ha Ha. Ive been cooking so long I need none. Well, I wont be making ethiopian food anytime soon without a recipe.. lol

Probably true you know!! I often start something new using a recipe (obviously) but never stick to it and always deviate and make up my own stuff. I always struggle when someone wants to know how I make things because I'm always changing things around when i make different meals

I agree with both of you. I tend to take recipes as starting points to learn a method of how to cook something. Then I switch it up with what I think is necessary, or what I have on hand etc. But I do have to say I LOVE men that can cook! So nice to hear both of you are cooking!!! Nice job boys!

I agree with both of you. I tend to take recipes as starting points to learn a method of how to cook something. Then I switch it up with what I think is necessary, or what I have on hand etc.

This is definitely what I do most of the time.

Come to think of it though, I don't think my fiance has ever used a recipe that I've seen. Maybe it is a boy/girl thing!

Thanks for the recipes MaryStella - I'm super pumped for some yummy Ethiopian food.

Your so welcome. I hope you enjoy them. Let me know how you make out with them. I will send the other soups I have another day. At least your finance cooks. My husband has never cooked a thing in his life except oatmeal and I don't think that counts as "cooking". He won't even heat up leftovers. He will eat them cold out the fridge.

At least your finance cooks. My husband has never cooked a thing in his life except oatmeal and I don't think that counts as "cooking". He won't even heat up leftovers. He will eat them cold out the fridge

That is the definition of cooking for most blokes. I was kind of forced into doing it for myself because I'm quite fussy, having always been dieting for something, bodybuilding, soccer etc. Being so used to it I don't find it easy to let someone else cook for me, even when I'm not dieting for a show.

Have to get sinus surgery done on Monday. Basically have a deviated septum that is causing an obstruction which is why sinuses won't drain and I can't get rid of this infection for sooooo long now. mostly likely a broken nose from getting hit in the face kickboxing. I need to be off for a whole week next week! Feeling crappy today not sure if I will get a workout in later or not. Hope to at least run. thanks for all the well wishes. maybe I will finally get better after this surgery!