MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was really rough. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't sleep with those packs in. Got the packs out today and nearly passed out after they took them out. Was very surprised by my reaction because it was afterwards not during. Smelling salts stink. The craziest thing was after the surgery and after the pack removable I was shaking uncontrollably both times. Anyway, onto the good news. I got some better pain medication and was able to sleep for a few hours today. Going to try to head off to bed again soon. Diet hasn't been the greatest the last couple of days as I wasn't really hungry. Mostly VEGA WFO and SI with fruits. Also small bowl of vegan gumbo with rice today. Hope to get some good rest tonight and start feeling a lot better tomorrow. Will post those recipes as promised when I have more energy. Thanks so much for the well wishes!

Thanks everyone! I pretty much slept all last night and most of the day today. Just got up to eat & take meds. Can't believe how much I have been sleeping. Maybe it is from the meds or a deficit from the previous days when I didn't sleep. I don't actually have any facial bruising as they repaired my nose from inside the nostrils not outside in. I do have some minimal swelling but that was mostly from the packing I think. I have been keeping ice on my face as much as I can because it feels so good so a lot of the swelling is gone down. I actually got to see pictures of the surgery yesterday when I went back to get my packs removed. It is really impressive to me what they can do. Tried to eat more normally today but with all of the sleeping it has been hard. I haven't really wanted to eat and had no energy to cook. maybe tomorrow. I am not aloud to actually blow my nose yet just rinse it with saline. I think I would feel so much better if I could just clear it out but I'll be good and wait.

Meals

1 - Oatmeal

2 - VEGA WFO w/ Hemp Milk & coconut water

3 - ProBar

4 - Leftover Gumbo with Brown Rice

Thanks Aluck! I actually stayed awake for a few consecutive hours today. This is an improvement. Now if I could just get rid of the headache! Ok so here is the recipe for the mexican pizzas I make.

Mexican Pizza

Ezekiel Wraps (can sub with whole grain tortillas of choice)

Black Bean Dip (See below)

Chopped Fresh Tomatoes (or tomato sauce of choice)

Shredded Cabbage (I normally use red but green looks more like cheese if your worried about aesthetics)

Chopped Fresh Cilantro Leaves

I am leaving out the quantities because it varies depending on how many wraps you want to make. I usually find 2 to be enough for me in a sitting. The Black Bean Dip can also be used alone to dip veggies or wraps in. This recipes makes about 8 pizzas.

Preheat the oven to 400. Place the wrap on a baking sheet and spread black bean dip on top (the thinner you spead it the crunchier they come out. So spread it how you like it. If you put too much on though they can get soggy, so I say go light the first time you make it and increase if you think you need to.) Top with Tomatoes and cabbage (again the more you put on the messier they get). Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. I love cilantro so I put on a lot of it. Cut into wedges and serve like pizza.

Black Bean Dip

1 T EVOO

1 Onion Diced

2 cloves of garlic minced

1 Jalapeno Pepper Minced (or two if you like it hot, can sub out with cayenne pepper too)

2 - 15 ounce cans of black beans, drained and rinsed

Juice of 1 lime

1/2 t ground cumin

4 T chopped cilantro leaves

2 T water

salt and pepper to taste

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2 minutes, add garlic and pepper and cook for 1 more minute. Add Beans to a food processor with onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients and puree until smooth.

I've served these cut us as appetizers at a party I had and they went over very well to a non-vegan crowd. They were amazed they could like a pizza without cheese. If you try them let me know what you think!

Those Pizza's look awesome!!!!

Shame it is impossible to find Ezekiel bread in Australia

That is terrible! Ezekiel is the brand name. I believe the same kind of product is sold under other brands such as "food for life". Basically they are a mix of grains such as wheat, sesame seeds, barley, millet, lentils, spelt. You can probably find a similar product or sub out with whatever you can get.

The veggie combo sounds good. Three different leafy greens in one dish sounds like heaven.

Actually the recipes calls for mustard greens so it is 4 in one dish! but my local store was out of mustard greens so I just doubled up on the spinach this time. Basically this gumbo recipes subs out all of the different "meats" in a traditional gumbo recipe with a green. I got it out of the magazine but the recipe is from bryant terrys new cookbook vegan soul kitchen which I am going to order after making this tasty treat! I'll let you know what I think of that cookbook once I get it. I am pretty excited about it as I love "southern" food.