MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am getting better. But I am sleeping so much more than I normally do. I think I am sleeping more hours than I am awake in a day. I am going to have to go back to work soon so I hope things change quickly in the next couple of days. I started using my neti pot in replacement of the saline mist and that is making a big difference. Actually cooked a little today! Hope the homecooked food will get my energy up!

Meals

1 - VEGA WFO w/ Hemp Milk

2 - Tofu Scramble w/ mushrooms, onions, garlic, spices, Sprouted Grain Bagel w/ Earth Balance

3 - VEGA SI w/ Banana, Pineapple, Strawberries

4- Thrive Diet "Pizza" with Chickpea Curry Crust, Marinara Sauce, Red Cabbage, Yellow Zucchini, Scallions as topping

also roasted green and yellow beans.

Hope you get to feeling better and back to normal soon!!! Hopefully the homecooked meal will help you out lots!!!! You may be sleeping more cause your body is trying to help you heal??? Or you could just need it?? I don't know I got on here late and don't know what happened, so I was just throwing my 2 cents worth in sorry for that!!! Hope you get to feeling better you and lobsteriffic are our big helpers!!!

That is terrible! Ezekiel is the brand name. I believe the same kind of product is sold under other brands such as "food for life". Basically they are a mix of grains such as wheat, sesame seeds, barley, millet, lentils, spelt. You can probably find a similar product or sub out with whatever you can get

Yeah it is a shame. I found one that looks good though, it's called Sunbread or something like that. I'll see if I can find someone that sells it and give it a shot.

They do have these rice tortillas, but they taste (and feel) like cardboard...

I should buy them for my dog, he seems to like cardboard for some reason

Yes I am getting better. But I am sleeping so much more than I normally do. I think I am sleeping more hours than I am awake in a day. I am going to have to go back to work soon so I hope things change quickly in the next couple of days. I started using my neti pot in replacement of the saline mist and that is making a big difference. Actually cooked a little today! Hope the homecooked food will get my energy up!

Meals

1 - VEGA WFO w/ Hemp Milk

2 - Tofu Scramble w/ mushrooms, onions, garlic, spices, Sprouted Grain Bagel w/ Earth Balance

3 - VEGA SI w/ Banana, Pineapple, Strawberries

4- Thrive Diet "Pizza" with Chickpea Curry Crust, Marinara Sauce, Red Cabbage, Yellow Zucchini, Scallions as topping

also roasted green and yellow beans.

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Some nice meals there too!!

I think i've had the sunbread. I believe it is a raw dehydrated "bread". I don't think it would work well in my recipe as it is pretty think from the seeds etc. Also you would be losing the benefits of the rawness by cooking it. I would just try some whole wheat wraps or whatever you are already using for your wraps I see listed in your food log.

Unfortunately today was a bad day. I was trying to stop all pain meds but I had a bad pain episode so took some more. I am really getting to the point that I just want to be better already. I can't believe how long it is taking! It is kinda scary already.

Meals

1 - VEGA WFO w/Hemp Milk

2- Leftover Tofu Scramble w/ Sprouted Grain Bagel

3 - 2 Larabars

4 - Black Bean Burger - Carrots, Onions, Red Pepper, Beans, Cornmeal, Garbanzo Bean Flour, Spices w/Ketchup, Roasted Potatoes w/ Red Pepper, Onions, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Herbs, EVOO, Spinach Salad with Spicy Citrus Dressing

Will do later today probably. This recipe is from the Candle Cafe Cookbook which is one of the best vegan restaurants I have ever been too. It is NYC. I like this one the best of the all of the burger recipes I have because it doesn't use vital wheat gluten or anything like that. I've served these to non-vegans and they love them.

Thanks everyone! I was awake all day today. no naps! that is an improvement! Also I stopped my Narcotics and just took OTC Tylenol for pain. Hopefully things are finally turning around!

Meals

1- VEGA WFO w/ Hemp Milk

2 - Jerk Tempeh & Ginger Broccoli & Larabar

3- Black Bean Burger w/ Roasted Potatoes & Larabar

4 - Thai Tofu, Carrots, Broccoli, Onions, Garlic, Spices over Brown Rice

Thanks everyone! I was awake all day today. no naps! that is an improvement! Also I stopped my Narcotics and just took OTC Tylenol for pain. Hopefully things are finally turning around!

Glad things look like they're on the way up for you

you must be sooo sick of the doctor's office by now!

I'm going to have to try out that jerk tempeh nuggets!

One of the staples in our house is a veggie seitan ribz dish but I've never tried anything like that one.

(I really shouldn't be reading about this right now --- fasting for my doctors appointment)