Tempeh Bacon

1 slice veggie pizza

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

granola w. soy yogurt

larabar

Tofu teriyaki

Spinach Salad

almonds

shoulder rehab 1.5 hours - I got a special treat at the end of rehab today. For the first time since i found out my shoulder was torn I got to glove up and hit the back for a few minutes. It felt really good!! I'll see how my shoulder feels later. Icing tonight for sure just to be safe. After all STRENGTH is the PRODUCTIVE application of FORCE!!

Row - 4k for time - 19:33

Edited by MaryStella

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shoulder rehab 1.5 hours - I got a special treat at the end of rehab today. For the first time since i found out my shoulder was torn I got to glove up and hit the back for a few minutes. It felt really good!! I'll see how my shoulder feels later. Icing tonight for sure just to be safe. After all STRENGTH is the PRODUCTIVE application of FORCE!!

wow that's so amazing, my arm hairs are raised just thinking about how excited and pumped you must have been. I need to fix my shoulder too. Perhaps all the months i didn't train gave it some time to heal?

Shoulder Rehab - 2 hours - worked the bag for five minutes again. Not in the shape I used to be in for this.

C2 - Rower - Death by Meters - minute one row 10 meters... add 10 meters every minute. got up too 200meters a minute.

Squats - trying to working back squats back into my work. It is hard for me to get my shoulder into loaded external routine so ive kept the loads light

65x5 front

45 x 10 back

65x5 front

45 x 10 back

50 x 10 back

55 x 10 back

60 x 10 back

65 x 5 front

Deadlifts - I haven't been lifting heavy since the surgery so just starting to test out the weights a little to see what my shoulder is ready to tolerate

135, 140,145, 150, 155,160,165

I know I can go heavier so going to work on that in future sessions.

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

vibrnacy bar

Tofu, Brown Rice, Broccli, Carrots, Mushrooms, Onions, Spinach

Banana Tofu Scramble w/ Spinach and tempeh bacon

I am was super tired and sore last night.

Still tired and sore today but I did a light workout as I was at the gym coaching all morning. I wanted to see how this workout would affect my shoulder and it is a basic push/ pull in the overhead. Most likely going to take a rest day tomorrow unless I feel greatly improved.

For time

21 Shoulder Presses w/ 10 lb Dumbells

500 meter row

21 Pullups w/ Green band for assistance

15 shoulder presses

500 meter row

15 pullups

9 shoulder presses

500 meter row

9 pullups

Time 13:24

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

NuFu - "tofu" made out of peanuts - its ok but falls apart easier than tofu

carob almonds

vega vibrnacy bar

tempeh fricasse w/ carrots and potatoes

another sprouted grain bagel

sun warrior w/coconut water

food hasn't been the best lately especially today. Not much time to cook and need groceries. have to do that tomorrow.

@LnG - I really hope your shoulder healed because the immobilization post op and rehab are long periods of time that are tough to get through. My shoulder still doesn't feel great how many months later so it continues to be a long process. I really hope your well and Im excited to hear your training again!

Thanks Joel!

I took a rest day yesterday and I just wasn't feeling well. Work up still feeling crappy this morning. Went to work but now I am headed to the dr. I think I have a sinus infection or something like that. Food wasn't the greatest yesterday mostly because I didn't feel like cooking.

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Bagel

2 vega vibrancy bars

leftover tempeh fricasse

roasted yams and ruttabagas

Scotch Broth Soup

Almonds

yep have a sinus infection. Didn't train today. started my meds and rested.

vega wfo w/coconut water

vega vibrnacy bar

sprouted grain bagel

roasted yams & ruttabagas

almonds

small - granola w. soymilk

small - indian vegetable soup

small - steamed broccoli and roasted red pepper hummus

Still sick but got a little training in. Shoulder Rehab for 1.5 hours. Then C2 Rower - Time Trial - 9 minutes for distance. 1910 meters covered.

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w/ coconut water

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus w. broccoli

Roasted Yams & Ruttabagas

Granola & Soy Yogurt

Tofu, Brown Rice, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushroom

Sun Warrior w. coconut water

Started to fell better today but since have a sinus infection. I did train today though.

Shoulder Rehab 1.5 hours

400 meters of walking lunges for time - 12:12 steps (lunges) 277 if i counted correctly

4 x 25 of GHD Situps and Squats Rest 1 minute after round 1 - 2 minutes after round 2 - 3 minutes after round 3

Tabata on c2 rower - 20:10 x 8 - 752 meters covered

Diet is very carb rich lately - mostly because the antibiotics are rough on my stomach. Will probably stay similar for the next for few days until hopefully I am off of them.

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Veggie Pizza

Sun Warrior w/soymilk

Grit Tofu

Carob Almonds

Thanks ladies! I try to train through illness if possible. Mostly because I believe it isn't harmful (unless your really sick, like when I had pneumonia I took some time off) and also because I believe it prepares you to compete if you end up being sick when its time for your event. But I do what I feel up to.

Jump Rope - 10 minutes to warmup

really sore from the lunges yesterday so I stretched a bit

Row - 2000 meter time trial - 9:30

rest 3 minutes then

3 x 500 meter intervals - do not deviate more than 2 seconds on intervals 30 second rest between intervals.

1 - 2:17

2 - 2: 18

3 - 2:19

VEGA WFO w/ coconut water

Then it was time to cook and eat the thanksgiving feast.

Curried Pumpkin Soup

Homestyle Whole Wheat Biscuits

Roasted Beets and Fennel

Rum glazed yams with Raisins and pecans

Green Beans with apple cider glaze

Cornbread Dressing (with apples, walnuts, soysage)

Celebration Roast

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Edited by MaryStella

Shoulder rehab 1.5 hours

c2 rower - 10 minutes - 2077 covered

Tabata on c2 rower 40 on 20 off x 5

1 - 165

2 - 170

3 - 154

4 - 178

5 - 183

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Leftovers from yesterday

celebration roast

Cornbread dressing

green beans

beets/fennel

yams

tempeh bacon steamed broccoli

chocolate peanut butter pie

@ VJ - this is a recipe from the vegan table by colleen patrick goudreau. but heres a quick summary of it - if you want the full recipe give me an address to send it to you. By the way I think they is a delicious recipe but then again I loe both beets and fennel so I knew i would like it. so your going to roast the beets in Olive oil, salt and pepper seperately from the fennel because that will caramelize in about 20+ minutes whereas the beets will take an 1+ 2 roast. You also add balsalmic vinegar to the fennel before roasting it. Then you combine them both in a dressing of olive oil, balsalmic vinegar, crushed fennel seeds and chives and s&p. beside the taste the visual appeal of the dish is quite nice. You could also roast up some brussel sprouts and put those in to for even better color. it calls for 6 beets and 2 fennel bulbs which they claims feeds 8 as a side but honestly I think it was more like 4 servings. I guess I eat a lot! If you make it let me know your thoughts. I think the fennel oil adds such an amazing flavor to the dish. Its simple yet yummy.

Jump Rope - 10 minute mix as warmup

6x3 min intervals

Rest 1 min on intervals #1, 3 and 5. Rest 3 min on intervals #2 and 4.

Hold maximal distance possible on each of the 3 min intervals.

rowed in meters

1 - 658

2 - 671

3 - 669

4 - 668

5 - 668

6 - 676

more leftovers!

Tempeh bacon

broccoli

cornbread dressing

yams

chocolate peanut butter pie - thankfully this is gone so i won't keep indulging!

Vega WFO w/coconut water and soymilk

Cumin Lime Tofu

almonds

Tomorrow is going to be a rest day. I've been really tired today so I think I need it. Still have the sinus infection though so that could be part of the fatigue.