MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

3.15.10 - my back is staring to feel better today. I iced it all weekend. Went back for another ART session today. It is improving but not ready for weight lifting yet. I am going to try out running later and see how that goes.

I registered for the crossfit endurance certification. I will be doing that over 3.27 & 3.28. Im super excited for that!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks lobster

Ran 4.5 miles tonight. easy pace about 44 minutes or so with a few water breaks. Just wanted to get the distance under my legs a bit for this sunday.

sprouted grain bagel w/earth balance

vega wfo w/coconut water

lentils and brown rice

roasted yams

banana

thai chips

asian baked tofu

stir fried napa cabbage

leftover waffle

Thanks guys. I meant easy in the terms of pace not distance. The race I am running this weekend is 4.5 miles so just getting that distance under my feet a bit.

Nice day outside today so a 5 mile outside run - 45 minutes

sprouted grain bagel w/earht balance

vega wfo w/coconut water

banana

lentils and brown rice

roasted yams

carob almonds

hummus and steamed broccoli

buckwheat soba noodes with carrots, spinach & tofu

vanilla tofu

CF WOD -

"Murph"

For time:

1 mile Run

100 Pull-ups

200 Push-ups

300 Squats

1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

I wore a 20 lb weight vest for this wod. I partitioned it as 5 pullups 10 pushups 15 squats for 20 rounds.

time 46:45

This is a tough wod but it is one of my very favorite cf wods.

sprouted grain bagel w/earth balance

vega wfo w.coconut water

Soba Noodles with carrots/spinach/tofu/roasted yams

carobed almonds

vega vibrancy bar

banana

brown rice pasta, edamame, tahini sauce

vanilla tofu

Edited by MaryStella

thanks lobster I'm feeling the hurt from murph today!

Row 8,000 meters - C2 - 43:26

Really sore from yesterday so I wasn't pushing the pace and going for time. Just an easy row.

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA wfo w/coconut water

Banana

Brown Rice Pasta, Edamame, Tahini Sauce

Carob Almonds

Hummus w/ steamed broccoli

Quinoa Pilaf with spinach, walnuts & apple

Vanilla Tofu

still a little sore today not sure if it from murph or the rowing but much better than yesterday.

Jump rope - 10 minute mix

"karen" - 150 wallballs 4 time

14 lb medicine ball @ 9ft target

time - 11:43

with being sore and the race coming up. I put a good effort in but not an all out effort. Going to do a strength and conditioning recovery workout later and then take tomorrow off for raceday.

Sprouted Grain Bagel w/ earth balance

vega wfo w/coconut water

banana

Quinoa Pilaf w/spinach, apples and walnuts

Almonds

vega vibrancy bar

Tempeh Bacon

tofy scramble w/mushrooms and broccoli

Edited by MaryStella

Thanks RC!

Recovery WOD

GHD situps 3 x 15

GHD Hip Extensions 3 x 15

Kettlebell Swings with 35lbs -3 x 15

Bench Press - 15lb DBs 3 x 15 - kept it really light as i am still sore from the 200 weighted pushups on wednesday

Pullups - 3 sets of 5 with extra small purple band - strict no kipping - slow negatives 1 set of 5 with small blue band grip was more of an issue today probably from the 8k rowing yesterday. But just a recovery wod.

Tomorrow might do a pose running class in the morning to refresh for my certification next weekend but I would like to take a rest day and get ready for the race on sunday.

Did a pose running class this morning to refresh myself on it for my certification next week. So did some drills and running but using the day as rest day. Did some stretching and partner stretching in preparation for the race tomorrow.

Banana

Vega Vibrancy bar

vega Sport Performance Protein w/coconut water

CF WOD -

"Murph"

For time:

1 mile Run

100 Pull-ups

200 Push-ups

300 Squats

1 mile Run

Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you've got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.

I wore a 20 lb weight vest for this wod. I partitioned it as 5 pullups 10 pushups 15 squats for 20 rounds.

time 46:45

This is a tough wod but it is one of my very favorite cf wods.

I can't stop thinking about this. 46 minutes is ridiculously quick to do all that stuff. You must be some sort of super hero.

ha thanks guys but totally not true!

It really isn't that great of a time. If you think about it my first mile was about 8 minutes my last lime as probably nine or ten. and I partitoned the rest of the work so that i was able to do all sets unbroken. I just didn't take any rests. last time I did this WOD it took 44 minutes so I was pretty pumped that is only took me slightly longer to do it with the weight vest on. I can't wait to see what I get next time. Also keep in mind I was pretty sore on thursday and friday I was still feeling it. I'll post about the race tomorrow. mostly using it as a warmup to racing season. I haven't done a road race in a long time.

getting ready for the race today. Food was crappy yesterday just had a super busy day running around and no time to cook so it was the best I could do. my feet are super sore from the pose running class yesterday. I feared this would happen. Just going to have to deal with it and run the best I can today.

Banana

Vega Vibrancy Bar

VEGA sport performance protein w/coconut water

Sprouted Grain Bagel w/earth balance

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

vega vibrancy bar

snickderdoodle

hummus with broccoli

vega sport performance protein w/coconut water

Ran my first road race of the season today. Actually my first road race in quite a few years. I stop running competitively when I started fighting but now I am back to running and feeling pretty happy about it. I ran the winter's end race which is 4.5 mile course over hilly terrain and my time was 38.44. That is faster than I was expecting to run so I am pretty happy with it. I was hoping to get it done in 40 minutes but with the hills i wasn't sure how I would do as I have mostly been treadmill running not hill running over the winter. I was actually pretty nervous before the race. Probably because I haven't done it in quite some time so hopefully next time I won't be as nervous. You know the standing on the staring line feeling like you have to pee even though you've already going to the bathroom like 3 times to pee since you got to the race. LOL. it as fun stuff though so im pretty happy. On the bad side the bursitus in my heel is killing me so I will have to hit the ice when I have some down time today.

Then went back to the box and did the crossfit endurance recovery wod.

GHD situps 3 x 15

GHD Hip Extension 3 x 15

Kettlebell Swings - 35lb - 3 x 15

Bench Press - 20lb DBS 3 x 15

Pullups - 3 sets of 5 strict with blue band

Tofu Scramble w/mushrooms and broccoli

Banana

OJ - half of an orange

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Lentrils & bRown Rice

Roasted Yams & Ruttabagas

Mexican Tortilla Pizza - ezekiel tortilla, black bean dip, tomatoes and red cabbage