MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for the kind words about my race. I'm feeling this morning. I swear that recovery wod works wonders. I am ready to hit both and endurance wod and regular cf wod today. Im still feeling good about the race because i was hoping to get it done in 40 not sure i would cuz of the hills but to actually break 40 is making me think this might be a good racing season!!

@jason- im blushing. I think your my first internet crush. hee hee!

thanks guys. The recovery wod works because you are using light to medium weights until you feel a burn in the target muscles or for 3 sets of 15. Not a timed wod and it forces the muscles to clear out the lactic acid.

Actual felt good except for the heel today. Used ice and rowed for the endurance wod today

Bench Press - flat bench - dumbbells

30 x 1

35 x 1

40 x 1

45 x 1

50 fail

45 x 1

50 fail

10 - 9 -8- 7- 6- 5- 4- 3- 2- 1

Floor Press - 30 lb dumbbells

Reverse Burpees (roll off floor to stand in s handstand)

time - 11:43

on c 2 rower - 3 Rounds of:

5 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 30 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 15 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 25 seconds on, 10 seconds off

distance 1546 meters

Worked on kipping pullups

Sprouted Grain Bagel w/earth balance

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Lentils & Brown Rice

Roasted Yams & Ruttabagas

Chipotle BBQ Tempeh Burgers w/ Grilled Pineapple

Swedish Fish

thanks guys. The recovery wod works because you are using light to medium weights until you feel a burn in the target muscles or for 3 sets of 15. Not a timed wod and it forces the muscles to clear out the lactic acid.

so, in this wod, once you feel the burn, you stop?

grilled pineapple sounds pretty yummy. was it?

10 pullups

10 box dips 24 inches 2 24 inches

15 back squats @ 65 lbs

20 pullups

20 box dips 24 inches 2 24 inches

30 back squats @ 65 lbs

30 pullups

30 box dips 24 inches 2 24 inches

45 back squats@ 65lbs

20 pullups

20 box dips 24 inches 2 24 inches

30 back squats @ 65 lbs

10 pullups

10 box dips 24 inches 2 24 inches

15 back squats @ 65 lbs

Time 24:20

Pullups were done kipping, no support initially then added a small blue band to keep up speed.

box dips were done off a 24 inches box with feet on a 24 inch box

wamrup - row 500 meters arm rotations and leg swings

my hands are sore from all the pullups. I'm surprised i still have skin on them

sprouted grain bagel w. earth balance

VEGA sports peformance protein w/coconut water

brown rice, tofu, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots onions

2 homemade vegan peanut butter cups. - thank you for vegan friends!!! what a delicious treat!

Glad your back at it again. These ups and downs with injuries is aggravating isn't it? But you're definitely a trooper!

I "MAY" be trying out crossfit in the near future. Two guys on my crew at work are pushing it like its cocaine. So I might do the 2 week trial. Gonna wait at least until my back stops bothering me intermittently. I don't want to go in there and have them be like "Ok now it's time to deadlift." And me saying "um...no."

so, in this wod, once you feel the burn, you stop?

grilled pineapple sounds pretty yummy. was it?

YEP stop if it is burning. Or just do 3 sets of 15. The pineapple was a topping for the bbq tempeh burgers. they were nice.

Glad your back at it again. These ups and downs with injuries is aggravating isn't it? But you're definitely a trooper!

I "MAY" be trying out crossfit in the near future. Two guys on my crew at work are pushing it like its cocaine. So I might do the 2 week trial. Gonna wait at least until my back stops bothering me intermittently. I don't want to go in there and have them be like "Ok now it's time to deadlift." And me saying "um...no."

I look at injuries as bound to happen and just work around them as much as possible. I am superduper excited to hear you are going to try out crossfit!!!! it is crack!!! Honestly I would take advantage of the 2 week trial because you will be able to tell in that time period if it is for you or not. I wouldn't let the back hold you "back" either because most likely they will have you do "intro" workouts for the first few sessions to see what kind of condition you are in and they are not going to give you loaded movements until they know you have good form. and I am certain they would be able to straighten out your deadlift form when you feel up to doing that again. Any crossfit trainer would be able to program around your back. I have to do it all the time for clients with injuries. what cf are you looking at going to? just curious... let me know what you think of it when you do try it. even if you don't like it.

@ Rob - I don't know those trainers but they have very good credentials in the crossfit community so I think you would do very well there.

pretty sore from yesterday wod so my intensity wasn't the greatest for this wod.

warmup - 1000 meter row

arm rotations

Turkish Getups - with 20lb KB and 25 lb KB. failed on 30 which I have gotten up before. just felt sore and rushed and not into it. May try more tomorrow.

3 - 5 minutes rounds - 1 minute per exercise with a 1 minute break between rounds

1 - surrenders w/ 25 lbs

2 - mountain climbers

3 - Abmat situps

4 - Pushups

5- 24 inch step ups

1 - 12 12 12

2 - 33 40 39

3 - 22 25 23

4 - 18 20 20

5 - 13 14 15

3 rounds of 5 minute running intervals out in a park that is used in a few road races coming up. Don't have exact distance but felt good doing it and did it as an out out and back and maintained distance. I ran for the first time today in my new inov8s and i really like them so far!!!!! Still have some foot pain but that is an ongoing issue not related to the sneaks.

Sprouted Grain Bagel w/ earth balance

VEGA sport performance Protein w/ coconut water

Vega Vibrnacy bar

Banana

Falafel burger

Brown rice penne w/red lentil sauce

carob almonds

Brown Rice

Chickpea Roasted Curry

it is actually a vegetarian rachael ray recipe that a friend of mine printed out and gave to me because she made it and was in love with it. It is very good but I often forget about it because it isn't in one of my cookbooks. It is an eggplant, bell peppers, chickpea, onion curry with roasted red chili paste. and it actually doesn't use coconut milk so it is a little different than a lot of veg curry recipes. i can send to you if you would like.

"kelly"

5 rounds of

Run 400 meters

30 Box Jumps @ 24 inches

30 Wallballs - 14lbs @ 9 - 10 ft

Time 34:06

just felt sluggish leg strength wise doing this.

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Sprouted Grain Bagel w/ earth balance

Banana

Chickpea Curry w/ Brown Rice

almonds

Jump Rope - 8 minute mix

5 - 30 second bridge holds - 1 minute rest between

100 Kettlebell Snatches - 25 lbs = time 5:45

3 rounds of:

1 minute hollow rock 30 second rest

1 minute superman 30 second rest

VEGA vibrnacy bar

Tempeh Bacon

Broccoli Quinoa

Vanilla Tofu

Over head Squats

45x1

45x1

50x1

55x1

60x1

65x1

for Time

21- 15- 9 of

Overhead Squat @ 45 lbs

Kettlebell Swings @ 44 lbs (american)

Time

Run 2 x 1 mile Hill Repeats

Set Treadmill @ 7% grade and complete as fast as possible

Rest 2 minutes between repeats.

1 - 11:45

2 - 13:40

In New Jersey this weekend for the Crossfit Endurance Certification.