MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

So several guys from my department will be at the local crossfit tomorrow with the goal of lifting 2 million pounds in one day, to raise money for new workout equipment for the stations (all the current stuff is all busted up or rusty). 3 guys from our station are going down there on the Engine to participate. Unfortunately tomorrow is my turn on the Medic, so I don't get to go

Thought that would be interesting to you.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jason - well i do did a stretching and trigger point routine for an hour today.

@rob - that sounds awesome. too bad you don't get to go and participate.

4.9.10 - 1 hour stretching and recovery (rolling). easy night and racing tomorrow.

vega wfo w. coconut water

tempeh bacon

smoked almonds

tofu ravioli with marinara

tempeh scallopini w/mushrooms

sauteed spinach

5k race today - 25.10 - 2nd place in age group. .47 faster than my last race. surprised because this course had a few hills compared to last weeks. Happy with my results. It was freezing cold and windy here for the race so I actually thought I wasn't doing very well in the race so I was pleasantly surprised at the finish.

Sprouted grain bagel with earth balance

VEGA WFO w/coconut water1/

Banana

piece of an orange

1/2 vibrancy bar

brown rice pasta w/broccoli carrots and chili oil sauce

grit tofu

lime pudding

2 bananas

cashews & peanuts

OJ

Cornmeal Crusted Tempeh

Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli

my heel is hurting. I know i had some bad form coming downhill when i was tired and just pounding on it. I'm icing it. Might do another 5k tomorrow depending on how I feel.

@robb - ill decide tomorrow if i am racing again tomorrow or not.

@viva - thanks! I don't carb load before events like a 5k because my body just doesn't need it. I would only do something like that if i were exceeding the 2+hour time frame for the event. Also if your going to carb load you need to do it breakfast/lunch not dinner as your body wouldn't have time to get it to your muscles for a morning event from the night before. I don't eat much before a race mostly because of my stomach. I've never been able to eat and workout. I need a good 2 - 3 hours between eating and working out. And with racing I can be nervous/excited which makes it worse so i'll usually force myself to eat a bagel or something that settles my stomach a bit. Then shut it down until post race where Ill have a banana or something like that. Then some vega later! then real food!!

@jason - thanks! chocolate tofu is a delish treat that i should eat less of! It is basically silken tofu that they add cocoa powered and sweetener too. They sell it for making desserts and smoothies. but i just eat it right out of the container! I believe Nasoya is the brand but id had to check the next time I buy it to be sure on that for you. They also sell a vanilla one that tastes like a custard to me.

@jason - oh it is dangerous. I should try to stay away from it more too.

So im up early and feeling ok (foot and lower back a little sore) so I am going to go do another 5K race today. I don't think I will do as well as yesterday becuase of them being back to back but I want to go and get more racing experience. I'm still making novice mistakes and just don't have a good strategy in place yet. Such as yesterday. I remembered to turn my ipod on when the race started but forgot about my watch. So I wasn't able to get splits or even tell how I was doing time wise during the race. Doesn't give me anything to analyze and prep for my next race with. also ive been going out too hard every start. i have hurt myself with it yet in a shorter distance race such as a 5K but as I do longer races that could become an issue. i just get so excited at the start. it going to be cold again today and possible rain so that won't help me much either.

whoo hoo!!!!! took 1st place in my age group in the 5k race today!!!!!!! time was a little slower than yesterday. 25:50? I think? I need to see the official results once they get posted on the internet. I remembered to start my watch today but I forgot to stop it at the finish line. Also there were not mile markers so I don't have any splits. But at least I remembered to start the watch then the ipod this time!!! There were also more hills in this course than yesterdays course so that could be why my time is slower than yesterdays. also coupled with back to back races. But I am so thrilled with my 1st place finish. I posted a pic of me rockin the gold medal on facebook. still not sure how to post pics on here. I always get some messages about it being too big.

sprouted grain bagel w/earth balance

vega wfo w/coconut water

2 bananas

cornmeal crusted tempeh & brown rice pasta with broccoli carrots and chili oil

brownie

Vegan pizza

roasted asparagus

thanks lobster

4.12.10-

5 rounds of:

10 pushups

10 strict pullups (blue band)

10 ring dips (1 toe down on box for support)

power cleans

5x65

5x70

5x80

5x85 (last one was ugly)

5x65

c2 - tempo row - 15 minutes

7.5 minutes - 1,567 meters - 1 minute recovery

7.5 minutes - 1,601 meters

total meters - 3,168

Hollow Rocks

5 rounds of 30 seconds on 30 seconds off

tempeh bacon

vega wfo w/coconut water

red beans & brown rice

cocoa covered almonds (delish!!!!)

banana

vegan pizza

hummus & ezekiel wrap

I registered for my first half - marathon today!!

Strict pullups 1 -1

Pushups 10

strict pullups 1 - 1

pushups 10

strict pullups 1- 1

pushups 10

kipping pullups 2 - 2 -2

Ring Dips 10, 10, 10 - 1 foot for support

Deadlifts 135, 185, 205, 225, 235 - fail 2 - 230 fail 2 - not sure why I can get 230 up anymore 225 felt easy. sigh!

Front Squats -

95x5

115x3

125x3

135x3

140x1

Vega wfo w.coconut water

tempeh bacon

cocoa almonds

cumin lime tofu

roasted yams & ruttabagas

Pushups 10 10 10 5 5 5

Pullups 6 5 5 - kipping 5 5

Ring dips - 1 foot down 10 10 10 10 10

Pose Drills & running

For time

15 - 12 - 9- 12 - 15

65 lb sumo deadlift high pulls

wallballs 14 lbs - 9ft

Shoulder Press

15 lbs - x 10

20 lbs x 5 x 3

Bike Ride - on streets. first time on the bike in awhile

sprouted grain bagel w/ earth balance

vega wfo w/coconut water

almonds

vega vibrnacy bar

banana

tempeh bacon

cumin lime tofu

roasted yams

hummus

grit tofu

choco tofu

This is long overdue but congrats on your races! I saw the pics on facebook ages ago and this is me just getting around to posting!

Since when did you start doing pullups without bands or kipping? (prob ages ago haha) Nice!

Keep up the good work all round =]

@chewy - thanks. Depending on how many pullups the workout has depends on how I do them still. If it is a huge amount I still use a band. If it is under 20 or so I dont. I need to get more pullups!!

Pose Drills - just finished up the 2nd week

3x's - ball of foot hops

3x's 20 wall drill pulls each leg

3x's forward lunch each leg

2 rounds of

4x 1 minute run @ 96 cadence

1x4 minute run @ 91 cadence

5 x's approx 200 meter sprint (probably a little short based on my times)

1 - 25

2 - 25

3 - 26

4 - 27

5 - 25

recovery was walking slowly back to starting line

CFE recovery wod

superset of

3 x 15 GHD situps & ghd back extensions

Bench Press - 20lb dumbbells - 3 x 15

Pullups 6 sets of 5 - mostly kipping

Kettlebell American swings - 3 x 15 with 35 lbs

PNF - partner Stretching

vega wfo w/coconut water

tempeh bacon

almonds

tofu, brown rice, peas thai red curry

banana

Buckwheat soba noodles, soysage & green beans

choc tofu

Rest Day - going to do some stretching and trigger point stuff to get ready for racing. Coaching today too but no serious workouts. I have two 5ks to race in this weekend. It is going to be cold and most likely raining per the local forecast.

sprouted grain bagel w/earth balance

vega wfo w.coconut water

vega vibrnacy bar

smoked almonds

vega vibrnacy bar

grit tofu

2 pieces vegan pizza

choc tofu

@viva - i never looked at it that way but i guess it sorta applies. yes there are runners that do both races. I am doing it because it is only a 5K. if it were a longer distance race I probably would not do back to back as i wouldn't have the recovery time.