MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 mile warmup ride on bike. then 15 rounds of 1 minute on 1 minute off. Distance = 7.49 miles

a little boy asked me while I was riding. How do you go so fast on your bike? that was adorable! Did this workout with my husband so before starting this he said this is going to 30 minutes of torture and then while doing it he said. I am going to puke! how many more of these do we have to do?

Sloppy Lentils w.ezekiel sprouted grain tortilla

chocolate soymilk

ha lobster! it really wasn't that hardcore. the ring was big was unless you did something weird the fire wouldn't touch you. It is really hot through.

swim - 100 yds warmup,100 - 6 beat switch drill, 100 - catch up drill, 100 finger tip drill, 100 yds swim, then 5 x 100 yds on 30 seconds rest. The sucess story of the day is I did all of my laps with flip turns today. Not all of the turns were great but I got through all of them.

1 -1.58

2 -1.58

3 - 1.55

4 - 2.00

5 - 1.58

my butt is still really sore from yesterdays wod so todays was an extra special treat. I had more of a get through it attitude then a kill it attitude. I did get through it!

100 air squats, 2 pullups, 80 air squats, 4 pullups, 60 sqauts, 6 pullups, 40 squats, 8 pullups, 20 squats, 10 pullups.

Time - 11.52

banana

vega wfo w.coconut water

tempeh bacon

Tofu, Brown Rice, Broccoli, Red Peppers

Smoked Almonds

Tofu, Broccoli, Carrots, Peppers, Corn, Cabbage, Mushrooms, Green Beans, Brown Rice

Chocolate Soymilk

Thanks Octo! I'll check it out when I get a chance.

So I'm still sore today(if not more sore). My butt is not pleased when we have to sit down or stand up. Anytime weight walking lunges are involved it is usually a 3 day pain period. Im thankful today was a lite day to recover and get ready for tomorrows 10 mile run! Also it is my husbands birthday today so I have to make his birthday dinner and stuff. So it is going to be a busy day today.

Shoulder Press -

45x1

50x1

55x1

60x1

65x1

70 x 2 - fail on both

65x1

65x1

Last day of the 6 week Pose running homework. I still don't have a perfect pose but I have a feeling this is something I will need to work on for awhile. I still notice the tightness in my lower back afterwards.

Caroica

Stable Arm Drill

Forward Lunge

Wall Drill

4 x 1:30 @ 102 cadence with 2 minutes between

buttkicker drill

1 x 6 minutes @ 94 cadence

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Banana

Tempeh Bacon

Smoothie: Pineapple, Mango, Blueberry, Banana, Coconut water, Ground flax seed, ginger

Dropped my bike off at the bike shop to get my garmin speed cadence sensor installed. Can't wait to play with that function.

my husbands birthday dinner last night consisted of

Potato Chickpea Enchiladas

Coconut Mango Rice

Brazilian Kale

Ran 10 miles today - 1:43 - this is the farthest I've run probably ever in my life in one single workout. And def the farthest I've run in a long time. I haven't gone over the 10K mark in the last few years. The first 7 miles were fun. It started feeling like work around mile 8. Oddly my right shoulder (the one that had the surgery) was bothering me a decent portion of the time. Also my right foot started to go numb a bit around mile 7 too. But overall happy with it, no serious problems. Feet a little sore so ive got them in my torture ice soak right now.

Thrive Diet Lemon Lime recovery drink

Banana

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

not really feeling like eating yet.

thanks lobster. Im not feeling 2 bad today which is good. This gave me the confidence to know I can finish the half marathon I am registered for.

"Cindy" - in 20 minutes do as many rounds as possible of the following

5 pullups

10 pushups

15 squats

12 rounds completed, 1 pullup of the 13th round. I tore my hand open doing kipping pullups during this. that is going to feel wonderful in the pool.

vega wfo w.coconut water

tempeh bacon

tempeh scallopini w.mushrooms

yep the hand did feel as bad as I expected in the pool. More of a technique day in the pool. Did drills and a bunch of 50s working on 3 stroke bilaterial breathing and flip turns. extra pool time is good.

Got my bike back today. can't wait to try out the cadence/speed function on the garmin.

Quinoa Black Bean vegetable salad

Smoked Almonds

Banana, Mango, Pineapple, VEGA WFO, Coconut water Smoothie

Steamed Broccoli & Hummus

swim - 100 warmup

2 rounds of 50 each of 6 beat switch, catch up, finger drag - 300 t0tal

75 - 50 second rest 1.28

75 - 40 second rest 1.28

75 - 30 second rest 1.23

75 - 20 second rest 1.22

75 1.18

125 cooldown

flip turn practice - i need a 100 flip turns for time wod or something. I just don't have my timing down on these yet sometimes I completely miss the wall sometimes I don't get enough of the wall to get a good push and sometimes they are nice. One thing they are not is consistent. I would just like my fellow swimmers to know I am actually doing laps and not some kind of water dancing.

how i actually got faster as the rest go shorter I have no idea. so thankful to coach jay for turning me onto the tegaderm. My hand was burning really bad in the pool or any kind of water yesterday and is now feeling much better now merely a flesh wound.

Thrusters - never did these as a strength exercise before only did them in a wod for metcon. So I wasn't exactly sure where to start or where I should be with the weight so I started light and just kept working til failure.

45 x5

50x5

55x5

60x5

65x5

70x5

75x5

80x5

85x2 - failed on 3rd rep twice

banana, orange, strawberry, hemp protein smoothie

tempeh bacon

vega wfo w/coconut water

smoked almonds

tofu, brown rice, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots

Orange Mojo Baked Tofu over millet

thanks so much guys

"Annie" - 50-40-30-20-10 - Double Unders & Situps - time - 12:07 - first round of double unders I didn't have a good time of chaining together but it improved for the rest of the rounds.

bike - warmup 3 mile ride then Tabata 20:10 x 13 rounds - added a few extra rounds because the first couple got screwed up due to traffic

did 1 legged pedaling - 10 revolutions each side switching for a few laps

Hemp Protein smoothie, blueberries, banana,

Tempeh Bacon

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

MOjo Tofu over millet

Roasted Cauliflower

Cocoa Covered Almonds

TOfu Chicharrones

Carrots, Broccoli & Cauliflower

yes kris ive used that brand for sure. it is very good although I pretty much drink any coconut water I can get my hands on depending on what the store has.

Swim - 7 x 150s - rest as needed. flips turns still an adventure. sometimes good something interesting.

run - 1 mile warmup followed by 1 mile time trial on road. time - 7:36 - kind disappointed with this. I know I've run faster mile splits in road races recently. I was hoping for low 7.

kinda tired this afternoon/evening - looking forward to weekend

hemp protein, banana, orange, strawberry, blueberry, grape smoothie

sprouted cinnamon raisin bagel

vega wfo w/coconut water

Tofu Chicharrones

Carrots, Broccoli & Cauliflower

vega vibrancy bar

banana, organe, strawberry, vega performance protein

3 sunflower seed burgers

broccoli & hummus (really small)

Swim

100 yds

100 yds 6 beat switch

100 yds catch up

100 yds finger tip drag

100 yds

3 rounds of 50, 100, 150 - rest the interval

50 - 51

100 - 1.53

150 - 2.57

50 - 52

100 - 1.48

150 - 2.46

50 -51

100 - 1.48

150 - 2.51

3 rounds of

50 squats

7 pullups (kipping)

10 hang power cleans @ 65 lbs

taped my hand with the tear on it and it was tougher holding onto the bar for the cleans. I hope this hand heals up really fast. lost my time i must have accidently shut off my watch as it said I did this in about 15 seconds.

banana, strawberry, blueberry, orange, vega performance protein smoothie

tempeh bacon

vega wfo w/coconut water

latin baked tofu

smoked almonds

black bean soup

salad

Did a 20 mile bike ride this morning that included the 16 mile Duathlon course I will be riding in June. Came home and hooked up my Garmin to the computer anxious to see what the ride looked like and It said data transfer failed. Not sure what to do or if the data is even still accessible. Maybe I will read the manual later and try to figure it out. If anyone reading this has a garmin forerunner 405 and knows what to do please comment for me! The ride was good, glad I went on the course. The first and last 1.5 miles of the course is actually flat so that will be nice coming off the 1st run and to finish up the bike portion strong. then there are some long rolling hills to climb and descend. (the joy of living in the valley of the pocono mountains) Actually saw the race director out riding the course no time to stop and chat though. Legs were tired today and lower back was tight towards the end of the ride. I have the leg wod from hell to complete later today (thanks jay). I have a feeling this will have me recovering in front of the hockey game and possibly even the mets game later.

so I was totally dreading this wod becuase of the large amount of box jumps but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be.

5 rounds for time of

50 box jumps @ 24 inches

10 Deadlifts @ 135

Time 27:12

Running a 10k tomorrow.

Banana

Sprouted Grain bagel with Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter

VEGA wfo w. coconut water

Cornmeal Crusted Tempeh

Pineapple, Mango, Orange, Flax Smoothie

Sweet! PS, I think you have the longest journal on this whole site!

Great stuff!

I'll get interview questions to you asap.

Tons of our featured athletes get interviewed for magazines, etc. and it's a great opportunity for more promotion of this lifestyle.

Have a great weekend!

No way RC - you have the longest journal on this site! Awesome on the questions Ill do my best with them.

1 mile warmup jog followed by a 10k Run time 1:01:24

Legs just felt tired the whole time. Not sore just fatigued. Did my torture ice soak on the feet afterwards even though they weren't really hurting.