MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth be told.....I have another one that is like 40+ pages too So I've used multiple blogs during my time here...in fact I think I've used 4 different ones and about to start a 5th one from scratch

But you still rock Big Time!

You bring so much to this community....especially the word "community" - you're so supportive of so many here. Love it!

Thanks 4 the love guys!

Had a rest day on the schedule today. Wasn't going to take it but it has been a few weeks since i had one. I woke up this morning with a really sore neck. I must have slept wrong. Had a hard time moving all day so i decided to take the rest day. I didn't really have an appetite again today. Not sure what's going on with that.

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Tempeh Bacon

Grit Tofu

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter

Lentils & Rice

Banana, Mango, Pineapple, VEGA Sport Performance Protein, Coconut water

Got drug tested randomly at work today. That was an interesting way to start the day. I ordered an Xterra Vortex Wetsuit today.

Decided to start commuting on my bike to work and the gym when possible. It is 2.54 miles from my house to my office. Then 5.50 miles roundtrip from the office to the gym and back. Then back home 2.54 for a total of 10ish miles.

Swim - 100 yds warmup, 100 yds 6 beat switch 100 yds catch up 100 yds finger tip drag, 100 yds warmup, 5 x 100 yds on 20 seconds rest.

1 - 1.50

2 - 1.53

3- 1.54

4 - 1.57

5 - 1.57

then 200 yds distance per stroke - 21 -22 strokes every 25 yds. time 4:16

crossfit wod

5 rounds for time of

5 Deadlifts @ 185

10 Burpees

Time 7:15

did some lighter deadlifts and worked up to a 185x5 to warmup for this wod.

banana

vega wfo w.coconut water

tempeh

vega vibrnacy bar

smoked almonds

Where have all the vegetables gone? I see you eat lots of tempeh and almonds, but the last couple of days no vegetables at all! Not that I blame you, tempeh and almonds are two of my favorite things, too!

Nice job on all the swimming, by the way. Practice makes perfect!

@adena - you are so right and I was telling myself the same thing today. I need to get more veggies in! I haven't had y normal appetite the last few days so I was basically trying to eat enough protein and fat to support my workouts so the veggies got squeezed out but they are coming back 4 sure. Also why there has been more smoothies because those are easier to get down when I don't feel like eating but can drink them. Thanks I need all the swimming practice I can get!

Your swim times are looking great I think. You'll be super fast in no time!

Out of curiosity, do you go to the gym at lunch? Just wondering why you bike from work to the gym and then back to work and then home. Do you commute on your road bike? I always use my junky mountain bike to commute because I'm scared of leaving my road bike locked outside in public. Or do you take it inside with you?

@ lobster - I hope your right about the swim. I feel really weak in the area right now. Gotta keep working on it! I do go to the gym at lunch whenever possible. Most crossfit wods are short enough that I can fit them in on my lunch hour. I have been commuting on my road bike because I want to get super famailiar with the handing of it so that i feel like part of the bike. I take it inside with me at my office and at the gym so I don't have to lock it up. I have considered taking my mountain bike sometimes too based on what I am doing. So if i have to run into a store for something I might take my mountain bike so i don't have to slide around on my cleats. My mountain bike just has caged pedals right now. I never put clip pedals on it. I actually have a nice trek mountain bike so I would be upset if anything happened to either of my bikes.

my legs were feeling yesterdays workouts when I woke up this morning. Headed out on the bike early before it got too hot. Did a 3.5 mile warmup then 8 minutes on 4 minutes off, 4 minutes on, 2 minutes off and 2 minutes on. Didn't make it all the way back to my house so had to do a little cooldown ride back home.

Also commuted to work and the gym and back today for 10ish miles. Had a rough time on the roads today a construction truck dumped road gravel all over the road and between my bike tires kicking it up and the cars tossing it at me it was a shrapnel fest. I had to clean it off my bike when i got home as it was sticky and gross! yuck!

AMRAP 20 minutes of run 400 meters (actually a .20 not a .25 lap ) 15 pullups 15 back extensions. completed 5 rounds and the lap of the 6th round. did the first 2 rounds as back extensions and the others as hip extensions, my neck is still sore from the other day. I can't believe it still hurts if it doesn't get better soon I will go for some ART on it.

banana

vega wfo w.coconut water

vega vibrnacy bar

smoked almonds, cashews

Tempeh Asian Pear Wasabi salad w/brown rice crackers

Orange,Pineapple, Strawberry smoothie w/VEGA Performance Protein

Grit Tofu

Sprouted Grain Bagel

Chocolate Soymilk

Also commuted to work and the gym and back today for 10ish miles. Had a rough time on the roads today a construction truck dumped road gravel all over the road and between my bike tires kicking it up and the cars tossing it at me it was a shrapnel fest. I had to clean it off my bike when i got home as it was sticky and gross! yuck!
Eugh!

I'm just generally lazy with veg. I have like 200g of greens in my salad (sometimes tomatoes too) and my cooked meal i'll either have mushrooms/peppers/tomatoes or carrots, barely ever 2 at the same time though. I always feel like I struggle to keep up with the day and don't know where making extra food would come in!

Keep killing it!

thanks chewy!

walked to a local track

did 1 mile warmup then

"tosh" - 3 rounds of 200 - 400- 600 - rest the interval

200 - 40

400 - 1.48

600 - 2.48

200 - 42

400 - 1.50

600 - 3.06 - didn't stay focused and slowed down too much!

200 - 42

400 - 1.52

600 - 2.56

walked home

disappointed in these times. I am much slower than when I used to run track back in the day. But my legs were tired from this week too.

bike commuting again today - no rocks flying at me so that was great!

Squat Cleans

65x3

65x3

70x3

75x3

80x3

85x3

90x1 fail 3 additional attempts - shoulder hurt too so i probably scared myself out of it so i backed off

85x3

banana

vega wfo w.coconut water

tempeh bacon

tofu, brown rice, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms

orange,pineapple, blueberry smoothie with vega performance protein

Sloppy Tempeh

too many late nights all this week I need to catch up on some sleep!

not really but its a holiday weekend so possibly this weekend.

swim - warmup 100, 200 drills, 100 then 500 yds 25 easy 25 hard - 13:16 this may include an extra 50 or 100. I confused my lap counting so I added an few extra to make sure i got the distance in. I felt pretty decent after this workout making me think I should have hit it harder on both the hard and the recovery lap. next time.

Filthy Fifty

50 box jumps @ 24 inches

50 Jumping Pullups

50 Kettlebells Swings - 35 lbs

50 walking lunge steps

50 Knees to Elbows

50 Push Press - 45 lbs

50 Back Extensions

50 Wallball Shots - 14lbs 9 ft

50 Burpees

50 Double Unders

time 39:49

also commuted on bike today. Picked up a bike lock so I can take my bike some additional places.

banana

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Tempeh Bacon

Cumin Lime Tofu

vega vibrancy bar

Thai Salad

Thai Tofu & vegetables, Brown Rice

vega vibrancy bar

wetsuit got delivered today!

10 mile TT cycling

cycling - 10 mile Time Trial - 38:54 - took a 3 mile warmup that changed my course plan as i ended up going over a bridge that was under construction and i did not want to have to come back over that at any kind of speed. I ended up on the cycling freeway as I ran into a bunch of cyclist over the course. I took some time to play with the setting on my garmin today and i think it really helped my ride. I had it autoscrolling through different measure such as cadence, heart rate, lap time, distance, etc. and I tried to stay focused the whole time on just going as hard as I could for the 10 miles. Overall it went pretty well. The 1.5 mile cooldown back to my house at a relaxed pace proved that.

thanks lb!

got a massage yesterday and got kinesio tape applied to my feet which have been sore and needing icing and extra love lately. I actually really like the tape. It is making them feel better and it stays on well without causing any major issues. Curious to see how long it stays on. Then I cracked up my car on the way home. stressful. hate it! Did 100 pushups for time to focus myself after being frazzled about the car. Took me 7:31. Tried on my wetsuit and it fits. Was hoping to use it this morning but no one to swim in the lake with so I did a 25 mile bike ride at 80 - 85 percent. took me an hour and forty seven minutes. I am running a 5 mile road race tomorrow.

warmup: 100yds, 300 yds drills, 100 yds: 5 x 200 with 20 second rest

1 - 4:05

2 - 3:59

3 - 3:57

4 - 3:58

5 - 3:52

Row 4 x 800 meters - rest as needed

1 - 3:34

2 - 3:35

3 - 3:31

4 - 3:36

did this over my lunch hour so didn't have too much time to rest in between intervals.

tempeh bacon

vega wfo w.coconut water

banana

tangerine baked tofu

vega vibrnacy bar

mango pineapple vega performance protein w/coconut water

lentils & brown rice

roasted green beans

dark chocolate peanut butter

did a 10 minute warmup with 1 leggers about 2.5 miles. Then a 9 minute time trial on the bike followed by a 1 mile run. Well at least I was trying to run I would love to see what it actually looked like. Felt ugly, so not pose for sure. I could hear my feet smacking down on the downhills but just had a hard time stopping it. I think the 9 minutes had me at 2.54 on the bike and with the transition time and mile included it was a 20:12 workout.